/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The petition

Hamas
02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I dont know if you guys know and i dont know if its exactly true but apparantly there is a website called wikipedia and they have a picture of the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) on their site, there is a petition going on, they need 10000 signatures to remove it and currently have just over 4300.

Has anyone heard about it? can someone check it out because i tried and im not really good with computers, if its true, get as many Muslims as you can to sign it.

www.thepetitionsite.com

JazakAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
02-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Errr Wiki of all places, erm, why you advertsing it en?

Just go in and delete it then, no need for petitions, anyone can edit it man,

Peace.

FatimaAsSideqah
02-18-2008, 03:02 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I've signed it up.

Jazaak'Allah Khair for the post.

Sister Fatima

Hamas
02-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Er, one of you say you can delete it yourself and of you say you signed it,

Sister Fatima, are you there? why didnt you delete it instead of signing it?

As ive said im not very good with computers and i havnt even heard of this wikipedia.

Yeah, go ahead, close the thread :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
02-18-2008, 03:11 PM

Important notice: Prior discussion has determined that pictures of Muhammad will not be removed from this article, and removal of pictures without discussion at Talk:Muhammad/images will be reverted. If you find these images offensive, it is possible to configure your browser not to display them; for instructions, see the FAQ. Discussion of images should be posted to the subpage Talk:Muhammad/images.

Important notice: Wikipedia's Muhammad FAQ addresses some common points of argument, such as the use of images and honorifics such as "peace be upon him". The FAQ represents the consensus of editors here. If you are new to this article and have a question or suggestion for it, please read the FAQ first.

This topic may attract censorship. Please keep in mind that Wikipedia is not censored.
Articles may contain content that some readers consider objectionable or offensive. Images or details contained within this article, in particular, may be graphic or otherwise objectionable in order to ensure complete coverage of its subject matter. For more information, please refer to our content disclaimer regarding objectionable content.

This discussion page may attract trolling. Before you post a reply, consider the effect your comments may have. When you do respond, remember that a temperate response is always best, whether trolling is suspected or not.

Muezzin
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Wiki is only good for trivia. It tends to muck up the more advanced stuff of any field, but can provide a semi-decent starting point for further reading.

true believer
02-18-2008, 10:41 PM
salam brother
i dont belive that is the true
image of what the Prophet [SAW]
i completely disagree. this is wrong and
i dont recommened going on dat site because i have been told by some people
that, this is haram. so as muslims, we should be believe in da unseen because that is faith.
we dont need to see any so-called pictures of our Prophet to believe in him. If u truly belive in the
Prophet [SAW] , u shouldnt even bother going on the site in the first place.Stay away from that stuff ppl!
its haram and full of shaytan. there is NO proof that IS him so dont belive dis rubbish.Only Allah knows what our beloved Prophet [SAW] looked like so we should as muslims put our trust in Allah. Praise be to Allah.

Hamas
02-20-2008, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by true believer
salam brother
i dont belive that is the true
image of what the Prophet [SAW]
i completely disagree. this is wrong and
i dont recommened going on dat site because i have been told by some people
that, this is haram. so as muslims, we should be believe in da unseen because that is faith.
we dont need to see any so-called pictures of our Prophet to believe in him. If u truly belive in the
Prophet [SAW] , u shouldnt even bother going on the site in the first place.Stay away from that stuff ppl!
its haram and full of shaytan. there is NO proof that IS him so dont belive dis rubbish.Only Allah knows what our beloved Prophet [SAW] looked like so we should as muslims put our trust in Allah. Praise be to Allah.
Assalamu Alaikum,

Are you talking to me sister? well of course i know that its not the real picture of the prophet (SAW) how can it be? thats why im telling everyone to sign to remove it as it might mislead many young muslims, otherwise why would i do so? i was actually told about it by a friend and what better place to give this message than a website where hundreads of muslims gather? ideal place dont you guys think so? ive never been on the website and i havnt even heard of till now.

JazakAllah

true believer
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamas
Assalamu Alaikum,

Are you talking to me sister? well of course i know that its not the real picture of the prophet (SAW) how can it be? thats why im telling everyone to sign to remove it as it might mislead many young muslims, otherwise why would i do so? i was actually told about it by a friend and what better place to give this message than a website where hundreads of muslims gather? ideal place dont you guys think so? ive never been on the website and i havnt even heard of till now.

JazakAllah
Salam brother
what i meant was dont go on da site because
it is haram. i just didnt want other ppl to see
dat picture and i thought u only put it up der to show ppl
dis picture. however i totally agree with the petition to sign to
get dat pic off da site but i thought in order tp sign da petion,
u would have to click on da site n see da picture and for u to see
da picture is haram even if it is false, we as muslims should stay away
from dat false rubbish. sorry if i confused u brother but do u understand where i'm coming from wiz dis?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.