/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "An Emaan So High"

IbnAbdulHakim
02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

I basically want everyone to reply As Anonymous! stating a time when you felt that your emaan was at the highest peak.

Please think about this moment and tell me:

1. How did it feel?

2. What did you do with this feeling?

3. Recall a moment you cherish due to this feeling

4 If its changed what caused it to change?

my intention is to help those with low emaan to remember the times of higher emaan inshaAllaah, thus desire it more and strive towards it more

Everyone post a number which you will be recognised by!

for example, if theres already an Anonymous 1 then you will be Anonymous 2

and stick to your number!

everyone please reply as much as possible. May Allah reward you all !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
02-18-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

I basically want everyone to reply As Anonymous! stating a time when you felt that your emaan was at the highest peak.

1. How did it feel?

my intention is to help those with low emaan to remember the times of higher emaan inshaAllaah, thus desire it more and strive towards it more

Anonymous 1:

:sl:

umm i dont rly kno lol..probably when i pray in the Mosque on Eid [both Eids]. it felt..i dont know..heart warming. i dont kno if its change dme and im not even sure thats the point where i felt i was on the peak of Iman.
:w:

AnonymousPoster
02-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Anonymous 2
probly on night of laylatul qadr in ramadan, when i actualy on the night and then witnessed the signs of laylatul qadr in the morning

anonymous
02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
ANONYMOUS PINK: (I dont like numbers if it isnt number ONE!! ha ha !)

Lol, interestin thread! MashaAllahh !!

Bit of a hard one for me I regret to say ! :'( I aint the best of muslims :'(:(

But mashaAllah aboutttttt hmmmmm not last year, the year before (o m g im so bad! ! !), during the summer, i dont know WHAT it was, but I decided..., OH i kno what it was, it was actualli a sister on this site, she was a bit younger then me, top sis mashaAllah. Anyway said something to me,and I was sooooooooooooo touched by it, I GOT UP AND STARTED PRAYING STRAIGHT AWAY! SWEAR DOWN! And from then on I prayed at least 4 prayers a day, and I would always pray, Id put prayer before everything, I was always determined to pray ON TIME, even though I knew there was hours yet, I was like no no I have to pray NOW, and Music was gone- never used 2 listen to music, was a nasheed fanatic...I used to feel soooooooooooooooooo gudddddddddddddddddddddd!!!

Lasted what 6-8 weeks if that??

Then back to uni, routine fell apart, my excuse was and stil is 'I never get time' (ASTAGFIRULLAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEE!?!!!)

And now... wel.. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

W.salaams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
anon 3 says: a good thread!

1. How did it feel?

wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

1&2 - best feeling on earth of course, and i used that feeling as a driving force to worship Allah (swt) every single second. such were the days...

3 - yep, listening to Quran one day and appreciating the true beauty of the Quran with deep contemplation. rarely happens nowadays though.

4 - it changed due to me not observing the continuous remembrance of Allah (swt) i.e. regularly listening to lectures, praying on time, staying in the company of the righteous etc...

you could say that my eemaan boosted up while i used to listen to lectures and not waste any time. the goal in life was clear (i.e. Jannah) and it was just a matter of staying upon that right path. but as soon as i had time on my hands and i used to laze about, that's when it all went downhill!

so therefore, the key to increasing one's eemaan is by sincerely seeking knowledge of the religion, remembering Allah (swt) everytime and acting upon what knowledge you have...

AnonymousPoster
02-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Anonymous 4:

:salamext:

1. How did it feel?

Its going to sound obvious but it felt amazing Wallahi, an increase is Imaan can happen after the smallest of things, if only people could realise the beauty of that…just sitting and pondering over Allah’s creation, for He has not created any of this in vain, like today I was sitting looking at the beautiful countryside and I thought, ‘How can non-muslims stay in a state of disbelief even after seeing the beauty of Allah’s creation, His signs?’ SubhanAllah…

But yeah…you feel your Imaan is flying…that you’ve never felt better and that you don’t want it to end…but unfortunately all good things do end…I just want to remind people that a feeling like this doesn’t necessarily have to end…Keep the Aakhirah in mind and you’ll never go wrong insha’Allah, do small good deeds if you can manage it, but do them on a regular basis, as those are the deeds most loved…And I guarantee Wallahi you’ll feel the sakeenah at having helped somebody out, at having made somebody smile, at having prayed with full concentration or anything else that one does to attain Allah’s happiness. May Allah bless you all and keep you in a state of high Imaan always. Ameen

Good things happen and you gotta take advantage of them…So that’s what I did…when you see a sale on and you know everybody else would love to go to it or whatever, its only natural you go tell others about it (especially if you’re a sis, lol)

But yeah…I didn’t tell everybody about the deed…rather I told them all about my Imaan and how I was feeling, basically to encourage and motivate them. Also I’ve noticed that when I’m in a state of sakeenah and High Imaan, SubhanAllah I feel I can help people out with their problems more…i.e. those who are feeling ‘down’ or with low Imaan.

Yup … recalling … retrieving memory from unconscious … I am now smiling ... Hmmm ... That was the day! *sigh*

Oh woops! Did you want me to share it? … hehe well I aint gonna! Muaha!

Nothing lasts forever I guess *shrugs* Sorry, its late and that’s the only response I can think of…but it depends on the thing you did that increased your imaan….like I said, the small, constant deeds are best…if we do them then Insha’Allah the feeling wouldn’t change…but if your deeds are few and far between then you gotta expect the feeling to come and go…

But yeah…hope that answers your ques…May Allah give ya all bare happiness….and I was actually going to answer all this in a freshie accent (woops! Hehe) so that nobody would guess who I was…but if you have already then… *waves* lol

WassalamuAlaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

^ the bro/sis above me is ANONYMOUS 4, he/she had forgotten to state that.

but wallahi i appreciate every reply a great deal, and still hope that people contribute far more. You see threads like these are such moral boosts, emaan boosts even...

jazakAllaah khair to all those who contribut

anonymous
02-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Anon 5

1. How did it feel?
It was exciting, i felt a sense of happiness and everything was going good for me :) there was this warm feeling inside, which made me really happy with Allah which made me want to do a lot of good things for Him.

It was the boost you need to multiply the good deeds coming your way, sometimes you need some sort of crazy hype to go on a serious good deed fest :D with this peak in iman that's exactly what you got, I'd be praying my nawaafil and everything. Doing the last bit of good deeds that I can possibly do.

Iman peaks are usually the result of a cherishable moment. But I don't think I can disclose that now.

Sadly, there has come this nasty feeling where my iman levels have dropped, badly. I'm no longer in the line of sight and under the umbrella of Iman. That driving force for good deeds is gone, now I just do things such as prayer without heart. I really hate this feeling but it just wont go away. I would appreciate some advice insha'Allah.

AnonymousPoster
02-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Anonymous 6

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu we berekathu,

1. How did it feel?
As if I could do anything and as if Jannah wasn't that far away as one would fear it to be. Like I was the strongest and nothing could ever beat me down, as if I would have seen the Prophets (peace be upon them all) in my sides and they told me to continue to fight.

Pure strength, and positive attitude despite all the troubles you're in or sorrow you've got.

Used it. Gave myself a break from mourning and being sad and prayed one of the best Fajr-prayer I have ever prayed.

When prayer felt as the greatest relief, and my heart was like a feather swaying in the wind, despite all the things that still were there to make me sad.

4. If its changed what caused it to change?
Everything changes, and if you once were so strong, then get weak.. Then inshaAllah, the next time you get strong, it's stronger than the last time. Elhamdulillah, this was the case with me.

You have to use that moment wisely. Not just sit and think, "yay!". If your prayer routine has been going downhill, you use this moment and make your goal to pray all prayers in time and with feeling. When you really do this a few days, the rest comes automatically, it becomes a habit which you cannot break too easily, it becomes part of your nature. But be aware that sometimes it's the fact it's a habit that makes you feel as if the prayers are worthless, you loose the feeling. Take time for yourself to reflect over your life, every day. Remind yourself why you pray, what it means to you. Reflect, act and smile. For strong Emaan is not when you sit in a corner and cry your eyes out.

Emaan is making the knowledge and experience you've got into wisdom, making the tears of sadness come out of a heart burning in cool flames, the tears falling down to smiling lips. Your love has to be burning, fierce and strong, but not hot to burn you into ashes but burn with flames that neither burn you down or make you to ice. Your tears should come, for you are sad to not perfectly obey and you are sad for this state you're in, you and the rest of His slaves. You should smile, for verily the believers have been promised victory and verily if you until the end believe and follow the right path, you shall find happiness like no other.

For if you don't love Allah, you cannot understand the value of life, if you don't fear Allah, you cannot find the strength to avoid sins, and if you don't smile you cannot make yourself understand there is a promise of better if you follow Allah.

AnonymousPoster
02-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakatuh

Bismillaah..

I'll be Anon 7 i guess..

1. How did it feel?
honestly, it felt as though i had wasted my whole life. Constant flash backs of the past, always wondering "why hadnt i seen this sooner?!"! I guess one way of describing it is miraculous, how can you get such a strong driving force in such a sudden moment...

I changed myself, i changed my life, i was in regret and thought "naa ! im not carrying on this way, not me !". Life seemed to finally make sense, the more i learned about islaam the more i realised why things that happen are happening, i had explenations, the jigsaw of life had been stuck together again.. i just wish i never had cracks in this jigsaw..

i spread the feeling as much as i could, i changed as many people as i could, and inshaAllaah i still strive to do so

lol every moment...

but i remember once after i had reached this point... i was sittin on the bus and i looked outside and saw all these men in suits carrying briefcases and all these ladies in suits oh mobile phones, wallahi i felt sad, i just looked at them thinking "none of you are aware of Allah just like me a while ago.... jahannams not far away..." and i got this cold sharp chill (i dont know how else to describe it) inside, but at the same time i felt happy.. happy that i was finally aware!!!

if i could cry i would probably cry right now....

you know due to the passing away of a beloved we had a moment were everyone gave up on dunya, no TV, no GAMES, no MUSIC.... i took this moment to learn everything i could about islaam and read Quran on a daily, it had such an impact that i carried on practising for two years.

but now... whilst i still practise and am bearded etc ALhamdulillah... im always afraid about when im going to lose it.... may Allah guide us all

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

^ brother above is Anon 7. No confusion inshaAllaah :)

subhanAllaah, please keep up the beautiful replies.

JazakAllaah khair wa barakAllaahu feek

AnonymousPoster
02-19-2008, 11:02 AM
anon8

wasalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah

1. How did it feel?
felt like i hd changed finaly & i thought it would last forever, little did i know that shaitan was geared up to brng me back down.people around me helped me to stick to islam.was influenced by peers with high iman.

use it as a reminder for me when i wasnt as high in iman whch is most of the time.& it gve me hope that it is possible

trying really hard t keep it going because not everyday ths happens to you

lack of knolege & love of worldy things

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

i would appreciate it if people could write about the moments they could experience only due to that emaan, which they couldnt experience without it. The emaan gives a special feeling, something nothing can compare with... i gues its truelly the sweetness of emaan..

AnonymousPoster
02-20-2008, 02:12 PM
i would appreciate it if people could write about the moments they could experience only due to that emaan, which they couldnt experience without it. The emaan gives a special feeling, something nothing can compare with... i gues its truelly the sweetness of emaan..
AssalamuAlaykum

(I forgot what number anon I am...can I be the crazy one? ...Thanks, lol)

A moment I could only experience due to that Imaan...Hmm well all I'll say is that nobody has ever EVER felt true happiness if they have not experienced the tranquility, the beauty and the awesomeness that having a level of high Imaan can bring...of feeling that Allah (swt) is without a doubt by your side...*sigh*

SubhanAllah this thread is great 'coz its making me think back and remember! Wo0o0t!

Anyway yeah --> To all members reading this...Doesnt it sound beautful when people are describing a time when their Imaan was tip-top...makes everybody want to feel that way too no? lol so work at it Insha'Allah, myself included...this thread is a real encouragement...Masha'Allah and JazakAllah khayr to the thread starter...

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S This anon thing is kinda pointless to be honest...its gonna be in my profile anyway.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-20-2008, 02:18 PM
^ jazakAllah khair :)

we can dump the anonymous, im sure people would still be willing to share their beautiful moments.

Wallahi its helping me, so please carry on sharing inshaAllaah

IbnAbdulHakim
02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
oh and for those who wish to know, i've contributed already, and whenever i think of other beautiful moments i will post em inshaAllah

Re.TiReD
02-20-2008, 10:47 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

*smile*

Sometimes when you do something for the sake of Allah (swt) you get such a high rush of Imaan, SubhanAllah! Its like drinking three cans of red bull in one go *grin* I just wanted to share that.

I dont see why people cant just *smile* ... I'm sure that alone would increase our Imaan in the sense that we'd be content with the fact that whenever we face difficulties we're not alone...the one who gave them to us knows it and He's just waiting for us to ask Him for help...but most often than not; we let ourselves down by either turning to the creation for help rather than the creator...or by despairing of Allah's mercy...

...There's only one way forward for true Happiness Insha'Allah...trust Allah ... He'll manage your affairs in the way He thinks best...

Just smile people! *grin*

WassalamuAlaykum

Intisar
02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Nice replies so far, mashaa Allaah!

AnonymousPoster
02-20-2008, 10:56 PM

1. How did it feel?

When I was at my highest point of imaan, it felt wonderful like no one could bring me down. I still feel as If I'm in the state, but when you really feel the sweetness of imaan you feel so close to your Rubb that it's unbelievable. The small problems that you've had in your life don't affect you as much anymore, and you find more ways to please Allaah.

I try to follow every single command of Allaah Ta'ala and utilize this time of high imaan to please Allaah as much as I can. I feel that by doing this, you accumulate more ajar so when you're at a lower peak of imaan you won't have as much sins.

I try and help out my family, clean and cook around the house more (even though I can't cook), do the groceries for my parents and make sure that everyone is happy. Before that, I make sure that Allaah is happy with me by praying my prayers right on time, and then being good to my parents (kith and kin), having a good attitude, giving out zakat etc.

A moment that I really cherished was when I woke up my mother for Fajr prayer. I felt really pleased with myself because I not only wanted to please Allaah, but I wanted Allaah to be happy with my mother as well.

Whenever I feel high in imaan my heart just starts beating so fast, as If I'm with my creator at that very moment.

Another moment that I have cherished is when I was listening to Shaykh Sudais's Quraan recitations and after I was done learning my 'ashaar (Quraan for the week), I noticed myself subconsciously reading Surahs. Subhan Allaah, I was so happy with myself.

It's changed due to only me, because I start getting distracted easily by people who are not as God-fearing as I am. Ones who participate in back-biting, listening to music, lieing etc. But I quickly remind them that it's haraam and that we should participate in a topic that will please Ilahay.

anonymous
02-21-2008, 08:05 AM
^ jazakAllah khair :)

we can dump the anonymous, im sure people would still be willing to share their beautiful moments.

Wallahi its helping me, so please carry on sharing inshaAllaah
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

P.S This anon thing is kinda pointless to be honest...its gonna be in my profile anyway.
i dont think its pointless, because it may open the door to boasting, etc. and about your profile, it only remains in your profile if its the last post, and somelse clicks on that. i dont think its 'archeived' if you get what i mean. :sunny:

It hasn’t been only one moment where I have felt that my emaan is high; there have been a few occasions where I have felt that it’s peaked, al-hamdulilah.

1. How did it feel?
I felt confident outwardly, because generally when my emaan peaks I feel good inside, which manifests outwardly. I felt that my heart was ‘light’ in weight. I felt great. Happiness was on my face, even though I wasn’t smiling or laughing.
But then again, on some occasions I didn’t even realize that my emaan was high, till it sunk back down. On some occasions I would soooo wish for my emaan to be at a peak, not realising that it already was, and it was only when it sunk back down did I realize that it was at a peak.
To sum up: I was happy!

More deed, because I felt good. I also contemplated about things more because felt alkive and awake.
I remember during Ramadan I was really active in ibaadah, alhamduliah, because I know I had only thirty days. So in my case I would think ‘come on only x amount of days left. Do good deeds. Don’t waste time.’ Because I realized the short period of time I had

Crying for Allah, (inshallah). Having khusoo’ (humility) in prayer, something I can barely manage these days.Worrying about my aakirah more.

Not using my time wisely, hence losing out on rewards, hence iman sinking.I regards to my prayer, listening to the whispers of shaytaan during prayer. That has affected it negatively big time, I think.

Just an improvement of my emaan, in general, which means a ‘healthier’ me. More good deeds done, which I can’t do when my iman is low. Feeling better/confident. Thinking about the aakirah more.

p.s this is a great thread, i reckon t should be a sticky, cos it could help anyone whose iman is low.

AnonymousPoster
02-21-2008, 10:25 AM
jazakAllaah khair! wa barakAllaahu feek

such beautiful replies mashaAllaah.

inshaAllaah please carry on contributing !

Assalamu Alaikum

AnonymousPoster
02-22-2008, 07:24 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

SubhanAllah, today Abu led us in salah...it was beautiful! Such an increase in my Imaan and love for my family...seriously at times like these you appreciate the bad/low times...because they're the ones that make you value the good! I just wanted to share that.

WassalamuAlaykum

AnonymousPoster
02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
AssalamuAlaykum

SubhanAllah, today Abu led us in salah...it was beautiful! Such an increase in my Imaan and love for my family...seriously at times like these you appreciate the bad/low times...because they're the ones that make you value the good! I just wanted to share that.

WassalamuAlaykum
yeah mashaAllah, it feels so beautiful when all the blood bonded brothers/sisters gather to worship Allaah :) mashAllah !!

AnonymousPoster
02-24-2008, 05:18 PM

That Which No Eye Has Seen

MASSIVE Imaan Booster!!

AnonymousPoster
04-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I do continuous zikr alhamdulilah, and even in nights for tahajjud. I give some time for me to have a one to one with allah alhamdulillah.

I felt my iman high when i was doing zikr on my musallah, and i felt cold wind on my body, That was the best time of my life.
Beleive me, if u do zikr, very very very special things happen to you...:)

Re.TiReD
07-21-2008, 11:32 AM
:bump:

AnonymousPoster
07-21-2008, 01:15 PM

well to be honest, am nt that practising. I m on and off... i know its bad. Yallah al maadat(OH ALLAH HELP).. I feel really happy when i hear the amazing lectures by some of our scholars. They bring hope and ease. alhamduillah.

i dnt know if this is a spiratual feeling, but i was depressed for all long time, constant crying , and one day at work i felt so happy, despite everything,you cant explain those beautiful feelings.. insan (humans) cannot bring those feelings to you, only Allah SWT can, i only wish those uplifting and happy moments came back inshallah.

i guess laziness and the dunya gets to you, i really hope inshallah Allah SWT guides myself and u sisters and brothers inshallah. Keep us on the siratul mustaqeem inshallah. May we be better muslims and help others in our ummah inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.