02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
any1? or any1 heard of it?

Na7lah
02-23-2008, 01:53 AM
wat country is it spoken in?

Woodrow
02-23-2008, 01:56 AM
raadin qabiil sakaam oo ah ashaaraf
waxaan raadinayaa oo aan doonayaa inaan wax ka ogaado qabiilka asharaafata ee lagu magacaabo sakaam ma jiraan mise????

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
02-23-2008, 01:58 AM
I have no idea what that means ^, I found it on a google search for Ashaaraf. It does remind me of Yemini arabic tho.

*Maysun
02-23-2008, 02:34 PM
assalaamu alaikuum ..

lool .. ;D .. well we dont have country..
asharaafs are ppl who orginially yemens but lived in somalila for years.
and they went back to their country..
their language is mixed somalila and arabic .. so now if i say example...
magca = whats yr name .. its smillar to somalila but its not reall somalila.. Asharaaf can understand the language of arab and somalila but both language cant understand half of our language.:sunny:

*Islam_4_life*
02-23-2008, 03:13 PM
asalamu 3alykum.. well ashraaf is a language which is somalia but we call it (xeeer xamar).. our backgroung is yemani but the laguage we speak its similar to somalia..

*Maysun
02-23-2008, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Islam_4_life*
asalamu 3alykum.. well ashraaf is a language which is somalia but we call it (xeeer xamar).. our backgroung is yemani but the laguage we speak its similar to somalia..

waliykum salaam ..

its not reer xamar but they lived in that place.

*Islam_4_life*
02-23-2008, 03:22 PM
if i spoke ma language to a somalia person we wuldnt understand each ofa cus its totaly diffrent...its just the basic words that are the same but if we talked fluent ashraaf somalia pple wuld understand us cus its diffrent,.. maybe the basic once we wuld but when it gets to fluent they woulnt or some might understand all of it but its veri hard to reply bk.. our parents have grown up in somalia thats why they wuld understand somalia pple were as their childnren wuldnt cus they werent grwn up there. i hope u get wha i mean .. i knw its abiut strange but this is how it is.. its a language of pple never heard of i think..

*Islam_4_life*
02-23-2008, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Maysun
waliykum salaam ..

its not reer xamar but they lived in that place.
reer xamar aint a country .. its a language.. our backgorund is half yeman and half somalia ..dnt knw why but yh.. this is how we grew up to be al7mdluah nwais:okay:

*Maysun
02-23-2008, 04:34 PM
tala mahsei wallahi :D
an wax maneheein reer xamar is a country

an wax deehe eshon mata dageen

Intisar
02-23-2008, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
raadin qabiil sakaam oo ah ashaaraf
waxaan raadinayaa oo aan doonayaa inaan wax ka ogaado qabiilka asharaafata ee lagu magacaabo sakaam ma jiraan mise????
:sl: Lol that was just full-on Somali bro. In lay-man's terms, it just means that someone's looking for the ashraaf tribe.

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah421
wat country is it spoken in?
Somalia.

My cousin's ashraaf, their lineage goes back to Yemen. :)

I don't know how to speak it unfortunately but from what you guys have written, I understand a bit of it.

*Maysun
02-23-2008, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: Lol that was just full-on Somali bro. In lay-man's terms, it just means that someone's looking for the ashraaf tribe.

Somalia.

My cousin's ashraaf, their lineage goes back to Yemen. :)

I don't know how to speak it unfortunately but from what you guys have written, I understand a bit of it.

assalaamu alaikuum

yeh yr right sis .. its smillar to somalila..

Cabdullahi
02-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Ashraaf Na Maa Garanayo Waxaan Ahay Somali Cadiiya O Kabeel Kiisa Sheegikareyn Lol

Intisar
02-23-2008, 07:12 PM
^Google ayuu kuu qorey. :D

Cabdullahi
02-23-2008, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
Google ayuu kuu qorey. :D
WAAN FAHMEY WALAAL .THENAG U

Mikayeel
02-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Mashallah, you learn new stuff all round u!, so has this tribe mixed with the somali people? Or are they still pure yemeni?

Wa alykum alsalaam

Intisar
02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
:sl: ^No, they're Somali people (cad-cads), that trace their roots to Yemen. Their Yemeni heritage is very prevalent in their facial features.

Rufaidah
02-23-2008, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Islam_4_life*
reer xamar aint a country .. its a language.. our backgorund is half yeman and half somalia ..dnt knw why but yh.. this is how we grew up to be al7mdluah nwais:okay:
Assalaamu 3aliykum Warahamtul Lahi Wabarakatuh

you may be half somalia and half yemeni as you say but some people originate from different places of the world, THE WORLD IS BIG NOT SMALL ...

YOU MAY BE REER XAMAR (whatever you call it ) but we aint cause i am originally from YEMEN hadhral mawt.... asharaaf has cum 4rm there 14 hundred years ago... but sum ppl moved away... sum moved 2 somalia, sum moved 2 other places eg. ethopia, europe... and else where... cuz of problems or wateva it may b... so ur parents may have been bought up and made u in da somalian background and dats y u believe asharaaf is half somalian... anyhow... im jus sayin dat iv alwayz been told by my parents, great grant parents etc.. im originally yemeny..yet people have forgotton da actual real asharaaf as time went by cuz many pple suroundin dem neva knw it... so those few pple were unlucky... SUm asharaaf pple mix their language (asharaaf) with somalia cuz theyre bought up in somalia... others have more arabic(bought up in western countries).. and sum others european or kenyan (bought up there)... all depends on where u'r bought up cuz if u dnt have dat many pple dat can speak da same language as u, ull end up mixing with da soicieties/asharaaf language!

JUST sharin wat i knw.. and what i believe sis... thnx 4 ur side of background & nice 2 knw... dis is mine.. 4 more information.. u wud knw wat 2 say if other ppl ask u wat is asharaaf mayb u may like 2 give da more da factual info. :)

Ma'salaamah

Have Faith
02-23-2008, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *Maysun
assalaamu alaikuum ..

lool .. ;D .. well we dont have country..
asharaafs are ppl who orginially yemens but lived in somalila for years.
and they went back to their country..
their language is mixed somalila and arabic .. so now if i say example...

magca = whats yr name .. its smillar to somalila but its not reall somalila.. Asharaaf can understand the language of arab and somalila but both language cant understand half of our language.:sunny:
wa aleykum salam wa rahmatullaahi wa baraktuhu

Sister i am somali ashraaf too ..

just to point out ur mistake .. we do have a country ..

which is SOMALIA..

i was born there and so was my parents and their parents .. and their parents.. and so on ...

including ur ancestors !!!

and for the record .. i m happy to be a somalian alhamdullilah :shade:

*Maysun
02-23-2008, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Have Faith
wa aleykum salam wa rahmatullaahi wa baraktuhu

Sister i am somali ashraaf too ..

just to point out ur mistake .. we do have a country ..

which is SOMALIA..

i was born there and so was my parents and their parents .. and their parents.. and so on ...

including ur ancestors !!!

and for the record .. i m happy to be a somalian alhamdullilah :shade:
wallahi tala mahsei abaytaa .. well how do you knw that i born in somalia i knw my parent did born there .. but that doesnt mean we r orginiall from there .. its not really our country .. OUR COUNTRY IS HADAR MOUT..

hahaha .. i didnt say dont be proud .. ahahah ..

am with sis rufaidah she was right ..

rufaidah : "o ur parents may have been bought up and made u in da somalian background and dats y u believe asharaaf is half somalian... anyhow... im jus sayin dat iv alwayz been told by my parents, great grant parents etc.. im originally yemeny..yet people have forgotton da actual real asharaaf as time went by cuz many pple suroundin dem neva knw it... so those few pple were unlucky... SUm asharaaf pple mix their language (asharaaf) with somalia cuz theyre bought up in somalia... ""

Beblessed
02-23-2008, 08:28 PM
hadar mout is not a country :muddlehea
p.s I'm Asharaaf too

*Maysun
02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
its a city though ..

Beblessed
02-23-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah and check dis site out ..http://www.lmp.ucla.edu/Profile.aspx...004&LangID=202

Somali
Key Dialects: There are three main dialects of Somali: Northern Somali, Benaadir (coastal Somali), and Af-Ashraaf (Ashraaf). Northern Somali is the primary dialect and is the basis for standard Somali.

LANGUAGE VARIATION
There are three primary regional dialects of Somali: Northern Somali, Benaadir Somali, and Af-Ashraaf Somali. Northern Somali is the main dialect and is highly intelligible to speakers of Benaadir Somali, but is considerably less intelligible to speakers of the Af-Ashraaf dialect.

*Maysun
02-23-2008, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija
yeah and check dis site out ..http://www.lmp.ucla.edu/Profile.aspx...004&LangID=202

Somali
Key Dialects: There are three main dialects of Somali: Northern Somali, Benaadir (coastal Somali), and Af-Ashraaf (Ashraaf). Northern Somali is the primary dialect and is the basis for standard Somali.

LANGUAGE VARIATION
There are three primary regional dialects of Somali: Northern Somali, Benaadir Somali, and Af-Ashraaf Somali. Northern Somali is the main dialect and is highly intelligible to speakers of Benaadir Somali, but is considerably less intelligible to speakers of the Af-Ashraaf dialect.

lol .. kaan see fican ee aqree gadija ..

YOU MAY BE REER XAMAR (whatever you call it ) but we aint cause i am originally from YEMEN hadhral mawt.... asharaaf has cum 4rm there 14 hundred years ago... but sum ppl moved away... sum moved 2 somalia, sum moved 2 other places eg. ethopia, europe... and else where... cuz of problems or wateva it may b... so ur parents may have been bought up and made u in da somalian background and dats y u believe asharaaf is half somalian... anyhow... im jus sayin dat iv alwayz been told by my parents, great grant parents etc.. im originally yemeny..yet people have forgotton da actual real asharaaf as time went by cuz many pple suroundin dem neva knw it... so those few pple were unlucky... SUm asharaaf pple mix their language (asharaaf) with somalia cuz theyre bought up in somalia... others have more arabic(bought up in western countries).. and sum others european or kenyan (bought up there)... all depends on where u'r bought up cuz if u dnt have dat many pple dat can speak da same language as u, ull end up mixing with da soicieties/asharaaf language!

eee magaal can run yay ema lasha majira deeh .. calshan markee horee long time ago .. i think t hey made a place of asharaaf who knws.. i asked my dad he said the same as me and sis rufaidah ...:D;D....:giggling:

Beblessed
02-23-2008, 11:27 PM
found information about ashraafs on net lol, if your somali read this post and please translate it for me.. i can read little bit but not as much, and wont be able to understand alot. :-[

http://globalcoordinate.com/items/523077.aspx

Jazkhallah khair in advance :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.