/* */

PDA

View Full Version : There has got to be a God..

Abu Muslim
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.dhikrullah.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126

Allah SWT says in Surah Ghafir: The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not.

Check that topic, you'll see how insignificant we humans are and the mightyness of Allah, our Lord.

Linked it cos you need the pictures or it kills it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isambard
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
*sigh* (here we go again)

How does the size of celestial objects in any way evidence for a creator?

Whatsthepoint
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Muslimah
http://www.dhikrullah.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126

Allah SWT says in Surah Ghafir: The creation of the heavens and the earth is indeed greater than the creation of mankind, yet most of mankind know not.

Check that topic, you'll see how insignificant we humans are and the mightyness of Allah, our Lord.

Linked it cos you need the pictures or it kills it.
I'd say the opposite. We are so insignificantly insignificant compared to the Univerese that there just can't be a god.:exhausted
Neither of our arguments is any good, tehy're both just emotions, I guess.

Whatsthepoint
02-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Here's a better one:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
02-18-2008, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I'd say the opposite. We are so insignificantly insignificant compared to the Univerese that there just can't be a god.:exhausted
Neither of our arguments is any good, tehy're both just emotions, I guess.
whatsthepoint, what do u believe regarding life after death ,how can u guarantee that u will be alright, in i dont know another dimension:? what are your thoughts
thanks you

Whatsthepoint
02-18-2008, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
whatsthepoint, what do u believe regarding life after death ,how can u guarantee that u will be alright, in i dont know another dimension:? what are your thoughts
thanks you
IMHO when you die, you die. Everything ends, your personality, soul if you will, dies along with your brain.

FatimaAsSideqah
02-18-2008, 10:38 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Cabdullahi
02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
IMHO when you die, you die. Everything ends, your personality, soul if you will, dies along with your brain.

if everyones soul just dies what was the point of living and why did i just help the old lady take her trolley of the bus i should of just stole her hand bag and why did i give a 1 pound coin to the homeless big issue guy this evening i should of gave him the middle finger,i chose to do the righteous choices because i know that i will be standing infront of allah and the quran teaches me to do great things instead of bad because they will be that one day that might bring alil confusion to ur brain, the judgement day this is what i believe we are all here for a purpose

[Yusufali 78:40] Verily, We have warned you of a Penalty near, the Day when man will see (the deeds) which his hands have sent forth, and the Unbeliever will say, "Woe unto me! Would that I were (metre) dust!"

its similar to what your thinking becoming dust after death but in islam no! when its too late thats it

Mikayeel
02-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Do u believe in a soul?

Whatsthepoint
02-18-2008, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
if everyones soul just dies what was the point of living and why did i just help the old lady take her trolley of the bus i should of just stole her hand bag and why did i give a 1 pound coin to the homeless big issue guy this evening i should of gave him the middle finger,i chose to do the righteous choices because i know that i will be standing infront of allah and the quran teaches me to do great things instead of bad because they will be that one day that might bring alil confusion to ur brain, the judgement day this is what i believe we are all here for a purpose
I believe otherwise. I don't think there's a higher purpose to life, I personally live my life because I like it and want to amke the most of it. I have my theories on morals and there have been many throughout hsitory, you may have heard some in a phylosophy class.

Whatsthepoint
02-18-2008, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
Do u believe in a soul?
Nope.

Mikayeel
02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Nope.
What makes a person unique?

In am not trying to enter a debate, I have never asked a person who lacks the believe of a god these questions. (I know am slightly of topic)

Whatsthepoint
02-18-2008, 10:58 PM

In am not trying to enter a debate, I have never asked a person who lacks the believe of a god these questions. (I know am slightly of topic)
Most people have a unique DNA and every person's personality is shaped by a set of circumstances (one of them being predispositions - DNA) unique to that person. Nobody knows exactly what significance do geenteic predispositions hold in the formation of the personality, IMHO the influence is very low.

Whatsthepoint
02-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Good night, everyone!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Then one of use will be very surprised one day.

Mikayeel
02-19-2008, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah
loooool:)

------
02-19-2008, 11:01 AM
:salamext:

This thread has already been posted Here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...gotta-see.html

guyabano
02-19-2008, 11:13 AM
his Gen-Code !

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
his Gen-Code !
what gives the people the ability to make decisions, is it all random?!

guyabano
02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
and guess what, you can even not be sure, it is YOU !

Peace

------
02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
*sigh* (here we go again)

Are you as stupid as you actually sound? :-\

guyabano
02-19-2008, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
what gives the people the ability to make decisions, is it all random?!
nope, your brain takes the decisions, that's why you have one

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 11:17 AM

Peace
you can actually be surprised after your brain dies and you turn to dust? (as you believe?)

guyabano
02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Are you as stupid as you actually sound? :-\
and then, we pass immediately to the insults, when we have no arguments anymore

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 11:18 AM
nope, your brain takes the decisions, that's why you have one

Peace
ok, does the brain have a set code which it follows or is it random?

ie, does it take a situation into consideration and take the genetics its codified with to come up with an answer, thus saying everyones answer is decided?!

------
02-19-2008, 11:23 AM

What is there to have an argument about that ^^?!?!

How thick dyou have to be!! Come on.... LOGIC people

guyabano
02-19-2008, 11:24 AM
ok, does the brain have a set code which it follows or is it random?

ie, does it take a situation into consideration and take the genetics its codified with to come up with an answer, thus saying everyones answer is decided?!
this, my dear brother in humanity is the old topic we had already before:

Muslims have anyway no free will as they believe that 'Allah knows best'. Ergo, everything in the live of a mulsim is already set in advance by Allah as he knows it already what the person is going to do. So then, why the need of a brain or a soul?
If it would not be like that and a muslim would have a free will, then in that case, Allah would be wrong as he doesn't know everything in advance. Then, when Allah is wrong, he's also not perfect, ergo, is he then a God?

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 11:28 AM
this, my dear brother in humanity is the old topic we had already before:

Muslims have anyway no free will as they believe that 'Allah knows best'. Ergo, everything in the live of a mulsim is already set in advance by Allah as he knows it already what the person is going to do. So then, why the need of a brain or a soul?
If it would not be like that and a muslim would have a free will, then in that case, Allah would be wrong as he doesn't know everything in advance. Then, when Allah is wrong, he's also not perfect, ergo, is he then a God?

Peace
the brain and the soul are simply means for us to think and act, this does indeed give us a free-will. I was just trying to argue that whilst we've all been created in a certain way, we still have free-will, we might be unique but you can tell we've been designed.

do you believe in a design? or do you think its random?

thats what i was getting at....

guyabano
02-19-2008, 11:39 AM
the brain and the soul are simply means for us to think and act, this does indeed give us a free-will. I was just trying to argue that whilst we've all been created in a certain way, we still have free-will, we might be unique but you can tell we've been designed.

do you believe in a design? or do you think its random?

thats what i was getting at....
Yes, but I don't like to go too deep in this one. Anyway, it has been discussed over and over again already. I believe, there is design, of course, but this design comes from evolution. We have been created to fit the living conditions on earth and humans are still evoluting and adapting to new upcoming conditions.

Few examples that we come from animals:

1. Why we say 'I was so afraid, that I nearby peed in my pants'. That is an animal instinct and makes them run faster away from a predator, when the prostata is empty.
2. Why we have still a remaining part of a tail bone just above our rectum ? (Don't know the english word, sorry)
3. Why over generations, our jaws get smaller and smaller but our skull bigger and biger? Because we became less raw meat eater (and btw, eat more and more soft food), so no need for big teeth, but on same time, we get more and more intelligent, that's why bigger skull/brain.

and the list could go on...

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 11:45 AM
^ all of those can be stripped away from evolution and looked at a design perspective aswell.

but looks like you dont wish to discuss, and im not one to force :)

Whatsthepoint
02-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Hehe.:coolious::peace:

------
02-19-2008, 01:42 PM

Subhaan Allaah and u think its funny?!?! Omdays.... :-\

czgibson
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Greetings,
What is there to have an argument about that ^^?!?!

How thick dyou have to be!! Come on.... LOGIC people
Why be so rude?

It's a perfectly valid question, and I notice you haven't attempted to answer it.

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
*raises hands*

oh wait im not in school anymore *puts it down*

Im sure the sister means that its impossible when looking at these celestial creations of there not being a designer.

be nice Ahlaam lol !

------
02-19-2008, 01:56 PM

It's a perfectly valid question, and I notice you haven't attempted to answer it.
I havent answered it because the answer is obvious to people with brains! God made it, there is a God whether u like it or not! Sheesh...

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 01:58 PM
lolll ^ that post made my day, im out of reps !

jazakALlah khair :D

czgibson
02-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Greetings,

I havent answered it because the answer is obvious to people with brains! God made it, there is a God whether u like it or not! Sheesh...
Explain it to us, then. What connection is there between the size of celestial objects and evidence for the existence of a creator? Does a huge celestial object somehow provide more proof of god's existence than an object of a lesser size?

And drop the insults. They are unhelpful.

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
can i ask something gibson :), (im assuming you have knowledge of astronomy because i dont lol).

I sorta thought that everything in space has a purpose, a design, kind of like the bricks of a huge building. You know the orbit of the planets, if one planet didnt exist, and that wasnt a part of the orbit, would it cause the other planets to lose their course?!

guyabano
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
lolll ^ that post made my day, im out of reps !

jazakALlah khair :D

yeah, don't worry, she has enough reps as she gave me negative reps just because I don't share HER opinion. Silly and so narrow minded!

Peace

------
02-19-2008, 02:05 PM

Explain it to us, then. What connection is there between the size of celestial objects and evidence for the existence of a creator? Does a huge celestial object somehow provide more proof of god's existence than an object of a lesser size?
I didn't know that you had a mind smaller than a 5 year old, forgive me.

Lets see....i'm coming from the design argument here. If u see the design in the human body, its complex and perfect. have u seen the size of earth? and the temperature? how we can live on the planet that is suitable for life? forget th size of the earth, if u look at the link in my sig, and see the rest of the stars and the milky ways, ANYONE with a bit of common sense can say that did not come about by chance.

Anyway, this thread is probably going to turn into another 'Does God exist' thread (Astagfirullah). So please, if u want to debate/discuss, PM me.

Peace.

Whatsthepoint
02-19-2008, 02:09 PM

Subhaan Allaah and u think its funny?!?! Omdays.... :-\
It is funny.:p

guyabano
02-19-2008, 02:09 PM
can i ask something gibson :), (im assuming you have knowledge of astronomy because i dont lol).

I sorta thought that everything in space has a purpose, a design, kind of like the bricks of a huge building. You know the orbit of the planets, if one planet didnt exist, and that wasnt a part of the orbit, would it cause the other planets to lose their course?!
an planet kept in orbit is just a perfect balanced force between gravity to the sun and the centrifuge force of rotation of the planet around the sun.
If one planet is missing, well, it doens't affect the orbits of other planets.

peace

Re.TiReD
02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I'm not being funny here..and this is probably my first and last post in this thread...But say the world was created by chance...or Big Bang or whatever...wouldnt it have been nice if our houses and things would have been created with it? I mean, why just the world? Why not everything in it too? Would have been easier, the bang would probably have to have been bigger but still.... Hmm Just a crazy thought but yeah...

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Allah created the earth and everything in it, in His infinite wisdom *smile* Oh and btw....The best Muslims are those with the best manners, just a reminder....

Muezzin
02-19-2008, 02:24 PM
People are fighting now. Okay. This thread started off nicely, but it has turned uglier than Bigfoot's backside.

Closing...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!