/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim bride can walk out of marriage

ajazz
02-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Assalamualikum

Clerics declare that a Muslim bride can walk out of a marriage terming it ‘null and void’ if the alliance is forced upon her

“The girl can reject the boy (groom) at the time of marriage or even after it if she doesn’t like him,”

http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/new...T_5_groupId=14

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-19-2008, 12:23 PM
:salamext:

*shrug* marriages arent supposed to be forced in Islaam anyway...

ajazz
02-19-2008, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

*shrug* marriages arent supposed to be forced in Islaam anyway...

Assalamualikum

yes, but many non-Muslims think otherwise.

Trumble
02-19-2008, 04:46 PM
It's not the clerics, or Islam, that are the problem. It's the girls' families that are the problem.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
02-19-2008, 04:50 PM

^ Agree with u on that one.

Souljette
02-19-2008, 04:53 PM
AGREE wit u as well

rookie_forever
02-20-2008, 12:57 PM
i'm just suprised that people have to say that just so non-muslims become aware of it, and the girls' who are forced, only one thing to say about their families, education!

Muezzin
02-20-2008, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rookie_forever
i'm just suprised that people have to say that just so non-muslims become aware of it, and the girls' who are forced, only one thing to say about their families, education!
Oh, some families who do such things are adequately educated. Sometimes marriages are forced because of economic or immigration reasons, rendering the whole thing a transaction rather than a union. In such cases, those families don't need an education - they need a conscience.

rookie_forever
02-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I didn't mean education as in getting a degree, I did mean educate themselves in right and wrong, and then if they still go and do it then, no words can say how I feel about people who know that stuff and still wreack people's lives it's worse then ignorance.

Mik'hael
02-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Its unfortunate, but many would be afraid to walk out, because of the fear of violence against them by their own family.

north_malaysian
02-24-2008, 03:35 AM
"Forced Marriage" is something cultural and has nothing to do with religion.

Luckily, Malaysian Muslim families stopped this practice in th 1980s....

But in 2000s, many professional Muslims preferred arranged marriage done by their parents..... too many heartbreaks I presumed....

Ebtisweetsam
02-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I cant understand how the other person in the marriage can accept that the other isnt in love with them.. why would you want to be in this type of marriage in the first place? :-\^o)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.