/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it haram o ntt?

dream gurl
02-19-2008, 05:19 PM
iam jus wondering is it haram instant chating wid a guy 4 any reason? and i also hav a friend and she chat wid a guy she intends to marry later on in the future and is dat haram? when she asked me i jus told her idk really..
ps.i jus need educated advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
salam sister

I dont know but I think its HALAL BECAUSE
we are both male and females talking on a public forum so its the same concept on IM BUT it depends on what your chatting about if its formal that MITE be ok but im not sure

but your freind is looking to marry this person? Has she met him ?

------
02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
:salamext:

I mean yes it is harraam

Re.TiReD
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I'd just like to quote the following from a brother, talking about free-mixing on forums:

Refrain from engaging in a personal, off topic and irrelevant conversation. Let it be clarified that engaging in a personal, off topic and irrelevant conversation with the opposite gender is free mixing, engaging in a personal, off topic and irrelevant conversation with the same gender is leaving the floor open to free mixing and should be avoided.

Abdullah ibn Umar (ra) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said: "Indeed haya (modesty) and Iman are Companions. When one of them is lifted, the other leaves as well." (Baihaqi)
Read it Insha'Allah and ask yourself, on MSN its two people chatting...alone...shaytaan is the third...on forums at least we know we have mods looking out for us and members reading every word we say...Now ask yourself...which one seems more dangerous? If the brother warned against free-mixing on forums, what do you think the response for IM'ing would be? I'm not saying the quote is from a scholar...and that I'm giving you a definite answer, just something to think about Insha'Allah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
02-20-2008, 01:03 PM
It most definitely is.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503548756&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar
"Engagement in Islam is simply a commitment or promise to marry at a future date or time. Its sole function and significance is to keep other suitors at bay for the time being. There are virtually no other legal consequences that accrue from the period of engagement. Thus, engagement does not make what was otherwise considered haram (prohibited) as halal (permitted).

One must therefore never look at engagement as a license to engage in endless chats on the phone or exchange emails because in the Shari`ah they are still considered strangers. Failure to take this into account amounts to violating the principles of the Shari`ah."

And that's for ENGAGED PEOPLE. So it's haram for them, it will definitely be haram for non mahrams.

dream gurl
02-20-2008, 11:23 PM
wht bout..if u jus chat normal...o lik education stuff..idk.jus normal

Re.TiReD
02-20-2008, 11:33 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Not being mean but why must you talk to the brother? Why not just find a sis to talk to about the same things? *smile*

WassalamuAlaykum

dream gurl
02-21-2008, 04:41 PM
thx 4 da website..

------
02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
AssalamuAlaykum

Not being mean but why must you talk to the brother? Why not just find a sis to talk to about the same things? *smile*

WassalamuAlaykum

SOmetimes the other gender understand you better.

Re.TiReD
02-21-2008, 05:01 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Oh really? ^o) well sister thread-starter, I'd advise you not to test that one out.

WassalamuAlaykum

Vedad
02-21-2008, 05:10 PM
wa Aleykum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

What would a man understand better than a woman? It's no excuse in the shari'a.

Allah said:
And come not near unto adultery. Lo! it is an abomination and an evil way[17:32]

Allah didnt say: Do not commit it, he said do not come NEAR it, Dont do that which might lead to zinah. And the Prophet sallaLlahu aleyhi wasallam has informed us of various ways of commiting zinah, the worst being the one when the private parts commits it.

Zinah with hands - touching that which is forbidden or doing that which is forbidden with the hand
Zinah with legs - going to a place that is forbidden
and so on.

And we all probably have heard about the hadith of rasulullah salallahu aleyhi wa salalm about when two persons are alon the third is shaytan,

There is also a narration where the prophet orders us not to talk women even if its to learn them quran. (that is when alone)

So tell us... is that chat more honorable than the act of teaching others the kalamullah? and yet we are not allowed to be alone or chat with women in that sense? Dear sister, we all need to fear Allah, for surely, what will help us feedunya, if its notAllah teala.

May Allah guide us all to His pleasure, ameen.

salam aleykum

dream gurl
02-22-2008, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

SOmetimes the other gender understand you better.

true..dats wth am tryin to say...

dream gurl
02-22-2008, 11:48 PM
yaa..but i mean i understand..well how bout if dt other gender take u as a sis/bro and ntt do such thing dat is harmful o talk such thing lik dat..and u jus tlk normal whc lead no sin..o prob tlk bout religous stuff..

IbnAbdulHakim
02-23-2008, 12:00 AM
^ if you wanna step in a room surrounded by thorns thats your risk (ie free-mixin wiv opposite gender)

Assalamu Alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.