/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blood Shone Upon My Forearm

anonymous
02-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Blood Shone Upon my Forearm

I couldn’t take it anymore, I felt depressed, pushed away from everyone. I felt as if no one could help me with my problems, I was all alone, and I lost all hope.

That feeling came back. I pulled up my sleeve, touched my bare arm, which started to quiver, as if it knew what was coming.

‘No, I shouldn’t do this, it’s not right.’ I thought to myself.
I felt myself go weak; Shaytaan overpowered me; ‘Do it.’ He whispered. ’It’s only small, it’s not like you’re not committing a major sin…”

I grabbed the weapon from the bedside table, the weapon that helped to distract me from problems in life that was always there for me when I needed it. I placed it upon my skin. It was cold, but it felt inviting, it tempted me. I pulled it towards me whilst it was still on my skin…everything became a blur… I saw something red… Blood shone upon my forearm.

I felt dazed. My arm started to throb. A teardrop fell upon the line of blood…as a realisation of shame and regret swept upon me. I couldn’t stop my tears, as they became a waterfall.

Ya Allaah, I don’t want to be this weak, I want to learn to accept Your will. Ya Allaah please guide me! :'(

Just a little something to show how some self harm afflicting people feel, so non-self harmers can understand.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-20-2008, 12:34 PM
did you actually do this?!

Assalamu Alaikum

or is it made up?!

AnonymousPoster
02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Salaam. I made the above up yea, to make people understand. Wasalam

Ebtisweetsam
02-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I have never really understood self-harm.... I have always thought it to be a selfish thing, to be honest. Its like ur playing the victim so people can feel sorry for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rookie_forever
02-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Doesn't sound made up, but sometimes I do wonder at how some people cannot understand those who wish to take their own life, but even more weird is some people will sacrifice their own lives on something really small (and that doesn't mean a whole mountain built up and this was the last step) Hope that made sense.

Muezzin
02-20-2008, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
I have never really understood self-harm.... I have always thought it to be a selfish thing, to be honest. Its like ur playing the victim so people can feel sorry for you.
I've read that such incidents seem to be more frequent in the 21st century. The writer argued that it's because everybody is basically out of touch with reality via t' Internet, and all or most of eveybody's experiences are now virtual rather than real. Pain, be it emotional, mental or physical, is something all humans can and should feel in their actual, non-virtual, life. The writer argued that people thus do things like harm themselves, because, yeah, it's wrong, but at least it's real.

I don't agree with self-harming, and neither does the writer, but I found his insight fascinating.

Re.TiReD
02-20-2008, 01:26 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Hmm....where's the sense behind it all? ... you're hurting already so want to hurt yourself more? I wish it made sense but it doesnt...

WassalamuAlaykum

------
02-20-2008, 01:27 PM
:salamext:

Yeh I get what the thread starter's on about. It does make sense. U just have to put urself in the other person's shoes.

Muezzin
02-20-2008, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
AssalamuAlaykum

Hmm....where's the sense behind it all? ... you're hurting already so want to hurt yourself more? I wish it made sense but it doesnt...

WassalamuAlaykum
I think they see it as a release of sorts. They're relieved by it. They have made their intangible pain real, and thus somewhat controllable.

What people who self-harm really need is other people to talk to. Not necessarily other people who self-harm, just a sympathetic ear. Apparently, it's hard to find one nowadays.

adeeb
02-20-2008, 01:39 PM
wow..self-harming is totally not acceptable... so avoid it and do good deeds..

stay away from shaytan's paths

IbnAbdulHakim
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...54M4K4H...
AssalamuAlaykum

WassalamuAlaykum
Agreed

some people just go crazy and try find people to mess with and stuff instead, like grab a nephew and chuck him into the air or just do ANYTHING to get your mind off the problem.

it helps and it works. its a good solution too !

how comes your not scared of the pain?!

AnonymousPoster
02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
how comes your not scared of the pain?!
because we get used to it.

Re.TiReD
02-20-2008, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
like grab a nephew and chuck him into the air or just do ANYTHING to get your mind off the problem.
AssalamuAlaykum

From self-harm to child abuse! SubhanAllah! *grin* kiddin...

But yeah...I think all the arguments we've presented here, and most likely all the ones to come will already have been discussed in the other self-harming thread so I'm outta here Insha'Allah...

Self-Harmers will always give reasons that seem good enough to some...But to me its totally unacceptable...We have counsellors to help people who feel such a way...if self-harming was in any way good or healthy...They'd be left to it...But its not, I wish they could realise that...Wallahu A'lam

WassalamuAlaykum

AhlaamBella
02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I understand wherethe thread starter is coming from. Yet you musn't lose hop like that. It doesn't solve ANYTHING it just makes you feel like crap. Talk to someone.

Special msg to a certain person: I'm always here for you sis. just call me :)

aminahjaan
02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
It's a hard thing to stop, so you should go seek help from a psychiatrist to gradually stop. I mean you sound as if you have will-power, so don't let this overpower you. Because if you do go see help then you will most likely stop and of course there will be temptations but Insha'Allah they won't leak to what you did. It's like drugs so you need help for that.

anonymous
02-20-2008, 07:01 PM
huh, dat made up o wat?

AnonymousPoster
06-02-2008, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Blood Shone Upon my Forearm

I couldn’t take it anymore, I felt depressed, pushed away from everyone. I felt as if no one could help me with my problems, I was all alone, and I lost all hope.

That feeling came back. I pulled up my sleeve, touched my bare arm, which started to quiver, as if it knew what was coming.

‘No, I shouldn’t do this, it’s not right.’ I thought to myself.
I felt myself go weak; Shaytaan overpowered me; ‘Do it.’ He whispered. ’It’s only small, it’s not like you’re not committing a major sin…”

I grabbed the weapon from the bedside table, the weapon that helped to distract me from problems in life that was always there for me when I needed it. I placed it upon my skin. It was cold, but it felt inviting, it tempted me. I pulled it towards me whilst it was still on my skin…everything became a blur… I saw something red… Blood shone upon my forearm.

I felt dazed. My arm started to throb. A teardrop fell upon the line of blood…as a realisation of shame and regret swept upon me. I couldn’t stop my tears, as they became a waterfall.

Ya Allaah, I don’t want to be this weak, I want to learn to accept Your will. Ya Allaah please guide me! :'(

Just a little something to show how some self harm afflicting people feel, so non-self harmers can understand.
i am the thread starter, i just wanted to say that self harming is not worth it in the end, no matter what pain you go through mentally, never resort to self harming, it is NOT worth it.

Allah swt is there for you, reach out to Him, pray to Him and you wll find peace
thread can be closed?

Snowflake
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
asalam alaikum wr wb,

Self-harming is a natural response of the inability to cope with distress. Humans as well as animals display this behavior under extreme conditions of stress. Chickens/parrots for instance will start pecking themselves plucking out their feathers or causing other injuries. This response is therefore natural and may also contribute to preventing suicide - since they find temporary relief from their mental anxiety in self-harm.

But Allah subhana wa ta'ala has provided us with remedies to control our natural responses which are harmful to us i.e as in lowering the gaze to prevent us from falling into traps of natural desire that lead to fornication/adultry. A person with a weak imaan gives in to their natural desires much more easily than someone with a stronger level of imaan.

So giving into stress and self-harming results from a deficiency in imaan. If we don't pray, recite Al-Quran and disobey Allah in all other matters, then we will be weak. We simply won't have the strength to overcome or control our natural responses. And will give into them whenever they arise.

But, self-harm can be overcome if we lessen the feelings that lead to it. How do we lessen/remove stress from our minds? That's obvious innit... by adhering to the deen & sunnah of course. It's the lack, or the absence of deen in our lives that weakens our minds - nothing else. No matter how distressing one's circumstances become, not even the shaytaan can tempt a person to self-harm if he remains frim on the deen and renews his feeling of inner peace by being steadfast in Allah's Path. That is our only salvation in this duniya and the Akhirah.

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.