/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Dying…or Not? Heartwarming lecture

NYCmuslim
02-20-2008, 02:06 PM
:sl:

I haven't posted for a while because I have been too busy with school work but I hope everyone is well. This lecture has been downloaded over a million times and its something that I think everyone should see.

fear-of-dyingor-not

As Muslims, we all believe that death is inevitable. However, when death hits us or our loved ones, it can be quite an experience. As part of its teachings, Islam has provided its beleivers a full picture of life before us, the life we live in this world and the life after we die. Looking at the end to end journey, death seems to be just a milestone or a stop in that journey. That understanding of death makes dealing of death easier than those who look at death as an “end”.

This video is of Randy Pausch who was a 46-year-old computer-science professor at Carnegie Mellon University. He has terminal cancer and expects to live for just a few more months. He gave this small talk on Oprah knowing that he had little time to live. Everyone can learn a few lessons from this video.
http://www.iqrasense.com/death-and-a...ingor-not.html

This is the short version of his presentation given on Oprah. The longer one can be viewed here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31505846055184
(1hr 44min)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
:salamext:

Do u have this in mp3?

NYCmuslim
02-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Sorry sis no. You have to see it anyways since the prof does a slide presentation.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.