/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Surah 18

MartyrX
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
I just saw a previous thread about dogs. In Surah 18 a dog is mentioned in the story and it is said these people were great believers. I don't have my book in front of me, but why was the dog mentioned if it's haraam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Method
04-15-2008, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I just saw a previous thread about dogs. In Surah 18 a dog is mentioned in the story and it is said these people were great believers. I don't have my book in front of me, but why was the dog mentioned if it's haraam?
This site should be useful:

http://www.islamicconcern.com/dogs.asp

:)

- Qatada -
04-15-2008, 05:06 PM
:salamext:

The laws for different nations were different at different times. It's likely that the boys who went in the cave were followers of the true religion of Prophet Isa (Jesus son of Mary) peace be upon him - thats why they ran away and hid from their people (so they could worship Allah alone properly), it may have been permissible in that Shari'ah during that time to keep dogs.

However, since the coming of Allah's final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) - all previous laws are abrogated and the laws revealed to Allah's final Messenger remain in effect uptill the Day of Judgement.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.