/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serbian rioters break into US embassy

The_Prince
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Serb rioters broke into the U.S. Embassy Thursday and set fire to an office after a massive protest against Kosovo's independence that drew an estimated 150,000 people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Masked attackers broke into the building, which has been closed this week, and tried to throw furniture from an office. A blaze broke out inside one of the offices. Riot police drove armored jeeps down the street and fired tear gas to clear the crowd.

The neighboring Croatian Embassy also was attacked by the same group of protesters.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack strongly urged the Serbian government to protect the U.S. Embassy. He said the U.S. ambassador was at his home and was in contact with U.S. officials.

More than a dozen nations have recognized Kosovo's declaration of independence on Sunday, including the United States, Britain, France and Germany.

But the declaration has been rejected by Serbia's government and the ethnic Serbians who populate northern Kosovo. Russia, China and numerous other nations have also condemned the declaration, saying it sets a precedent that separatist groups around the world will seek to emulate.

Earlier, police estimated that about 150,000 people had attended a rally in the Serbian capital. The crowd waved Serbian flags and carried signs reading "Stop USA terror." One group set fire to a red-and-black Albanian flag. Most of Kosovo's population is ethnic Albanian.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080221/...o_independence

hey i thought only Muslims break into embassies and riot violently?! what happened there??? :rolleyes:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cognescenti
02-23-2008, 11:38 PM
No doubt they are angry over US support of Israel.

The_Prince
02-24-2008, 03:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti

At least the Serbs only rearrange the furniture. They do not take and hold hostages for 1 1/2 yrs
well your country USA over-threw a democratic iranian goverment in 1953and installed the puppet brutal shah, so the iranians had every right to take representatives of your goverment hostage....but thats off topic but i had to silence you and your stupidity, or do you foolish neocons expect us to forget operation ajax when USA officially declared war on Iran?

you go make trouble in other ppl's countries then cry like a clown when they fight back.........

but since your a neocon terrorist you will justify operation ajax. and if you dont support it then u have no right to speak against the hostage situation, so either way u lose.

north_malaysian
02-24-2008, 03:27 AM
I thought only Muslims burn embassies..... I was wrong....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Roasted Cashew
02-24-2008, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti

At least the Serbs only rearrange the furniture. They do not take and hold hostages for 1 1/2 yrs
Israel?? I think it should be Kosovo. You have proven to be nothing but a Zionist propagandist and a filthy neocon.

The_Prince
02-24-2008, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
Israel?? I think it should be Kosovo. You have proven to be nothing but a Zionist propagandist and a filthy neocon.
he was trying to be funny. whenever theres a thread which doesnt deal with Muslims or Islam but his own ppl he always makes stupid comical replies to try and hide the shame.

Roasted Cashew
02-24-2008, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
he was trying to be funny. whenever theres a thread which doesnt deal with Muslims or Islam but his own ppl he always makes stupid comical replies to try and hide the shame.
well it looks more stupid rather than funny

Cognescenti
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
Good to hear I at least get credit for discretion if not humor.

Why would any American have "shame" that a bunch of drunk Serbs broke into a US embassy? That just doesn't make any sense.

You were citing the news story as evidence that not only "Muslims break into embassies and riot violently". I am not aware that anyone on this forum ever made such a claim. Speaking of shame, you might ask yourself why you felt the need to make that point. Are you a bit touchy on the subject?

You missed the much more interesting point of why the Serbs are angry. And the interesting discussion of whether is was a good idea to make the Serbs angry. Anyone?

BTW..note how my really innocuous comment about a previous seziure of a US embassy (without any specifics) is edited away even though it was directly in respone to the thread starter's assertion.

Honestly, if it weren't for my medicines, I might begin to think there was a conspiracy here to remove my posts. :thankyou:

Cognescenti
02-24-2008, 02:44 PM
well it looks more stupid rather than funny
Satire is seldom fall-down funny. In fact, it goes right over the heads of some folks.

Cognescenti
02-24-2008, 02:51 PM

I bet you work in the concrete industry...... because that is clearly the way you think.

"Zionist propagandist"........oh dear. Honestly, I couldn't care less if Israel disappeared tomorrow...except for the fact that it would involve the murder of several million people, of course.

"filthy neocon"......I am willing to allow that you may know what "filthy" means (it can also be combined with "kuffar" for great sport), I am pretty sure from the context that you do not know what the He77 "neocon" means.

AvarAllahNoor
02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Here we go again. USA sticking it's beak where it's not wanted ONCE again! - When oh when will you learn huh! -

BTW Isn't there a USA military base in Kosovo....?

Trumble
02-24-2008, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
[B]Here we go again. USA sticking it's beak where it's not wanted ONCE again! - When oh when will you learn huh!
Not wanted by who? Certainly not true of most Kosovans.

BTW Isn't there a USA military base in Kosovo....?
No. The Russians (surprise, surprise..) have expressed concern they might establish one.

AvarAllahNoor
02-24-2008, 04:32 PM
No. The Russians (surprise, surprise..) have expressed concern they might establish one.
Wonder why they are jumping to 'conclusions' eh. It' not like the USA are doing/done anything of the sort for everybody to speculate...

Not wanted by who? Certainly not true of most Kosovans.
Well of course. If the USA backed Sikh independence I'd be flying the USA flag too. :D - But i'd still appose the USA Empire...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.