/* */

PDA

View Full Version : advice

anonymous
02-23-2008, 07:56 AM
:salamext:

When people insult Islam. When people reject hadith, when people think they are better than those who have more knowledge than them, i became infuriated and angry. I think that this attitude isn’t good, because I ‘verbally abuse’ that person for being what I call stupid. I don’t understand how someone can be so naïve. So yeah, I have a go at them. But I don’t think this is always good, because you know when your gentle towards someone, they tend to listen more, which means they may take the correct point of view .but that’s not me, yeah. I get real angry and I think this may prevent them from accepting the truth. So what do I do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mysterious Uk
02-25-2008, 04:02 PM
This reminds me of a story i read from the book The life of Muhammad (SAW) by Tahia Al-ismail (2006, pg. 436).

A rough and uncouth Arab came to the Messenger and said "Muhammad, give me of what Allah has given you". The Messenger gave him the money that was on him then asked if it was enough. The man answered in a rude manner that it was not enough, nor was it adequate. The companions wanted to shove the man away or beat him, but the Messenger said, "No, no, leave him to me". The Messenger took him to his home and gave him money and asked if it was adequate. The man well pleased, answered that it was enough and thanked Allah and his Messenger. The Messenger then asked him to go out to the companions and to tell them that he was satisfied, for they may have resented his former behaviour. The man did so.

The Messenger later met his companions and explained to them by means of an allegory. He said there was once a man who had an unruly camel that had run away from him. People kept trying to bring him back to him by pulling or beating it, but he asked them not to interfere. Then he took some bush and kept giving it to the camel little by little until the camel came back to him again.

The reason I tell you this story is because if you verbally abuse people or get angry then it won’t help people towards faith, but if you leave someone content then they would have a better chance of coming closer to faith.
Hope this helps.

Noora
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
If someone was to teach me something and get angry when i havent understood the context, i would automatically walk the other way and think this person is delusional.... I know how you feel as i experienced this amongst my muslim family and in the end the best way i found is to provide the information, back it up with hadith/quran and then leave them to it, if discussed in a civil way people will most likely respond and even ask more questions. Also im a big believer in not just providing info or arguing but by practcising what you preach. if you want to convince someone something is good then surely you have to be an example...The above post is a great example of patience and good wisdom....
Be patient the prophet (PBUH) suffered many hardships in trying to convince people of Islam and look how far he came...

snakelegs
02-27-2008, 03:53 AM
maybe it would help to realise that the only person you can change is yourself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
02-27-2008, 03:55 AM
:sl: I completely understand, I was trying to convince someone yesterday that shaping one's eyebrows is haraam but I just knew that Allaah will deal with them. You can't really do anything but help them become closer to Allaah, because it is ultimately Allaah whom guides 'alameen. So, don't get too bugged about it.

cala_lily
02-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Hahah, shaping ones eyebrows is Haram?Why?Its not alllowed you have to have heaity eyebrows. How ridiculous.:giggling:

true believer
02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
salam
i knwo some people
are igorent wen it cums to religion
but u have to learn to be patient and wiser
because u shouting or swearing at them really
doesnt help. i understand u get angry and needs to express
dat angry so u dont go mad. but there are other ways.
remeber u as a muslim are always representing islam because they know
ur muslim so set a good example and prove them wrong!

anonymous
02-28-2008, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noora
If someone was to teach me something and get angry when i havent understood the context, i would automatically walk the other way and think this person is delusional
nah, youve misunderstood. :sunny: its when i give them the hadith and they get it, yet refuse to beleive it. thats what gets to me

format_quote Originally Posted by cala_lily
Hahah, shaping ones eyebrows is Haram?Why?Its not alllowed you have to have heaity eyebrows. How ridiculous.:giggling:
nah, your're comments ridicilous:D

Noora
02-28-2008, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=anonymous;918378]nah, youve misunderstood. :sunny: its when i give them the hadith and they get it, yet refuse to beleive it. thats what gets to me

yes i know what you mean and how frustrating it is, i experience this within my family..sometimes i think we arent on the same page..its like we are talking about two different religions...just be patient and do dua for them, so that allah may open their eyes and hearts and yihdehon....wa yihdeena...

Annie
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:salamext:

When people insult Islam. When people reject hadith, when people think they are better than those who have more knowledge than them, i became infuriated and angry. I think that this attitude isn’t good, because I ‘verbally abuse’ that person for being what I call stupid. I don’t understand how someone can be so naïve. So yeah, I have a go at them. But I don’t think this is always good, because you know when your gentle towards someone, they tend to listen more, which means they may take the correct point of view .but that’s not me, yeah. I get real angry and I think this may prevent them from accepting the truth. So what do I do.
Salams
i knw its annoying jst try to explain to thein in a calm manner,because if you reply to them in a harsh manner. Then they are more likley to ignore you. Also Allah will punish them for rejecting the hadith.People who reject the hadith need to think rationally,The first question i would ask them would be is ;
from where did we learn how to pray? Answer to that is from the prophet Muhammed (p.b.u.h). Also the life of the prophet Muhammed (p.b.u.h) is the best example for how a muslim should live.
wasalm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.