/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pakistani caste systems

noahs_arc
02-23-2008, 01:03 PM
:sl:

i don't really know what Islam says about casts i think they're more cultural than religious. they don't really mean much to me but they do influence marriage decisions a lot.

i was just wondering if any one knew anything about a particular cast.

I'm from Kashmir, Pakistan and the cast is rhai. its pronounced rh-eye.
anything you know? jazahkalahiar

wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
02-23-2008, 01:06 PM

not pakistani dont understand the caste system etc etc etc
infact isnt it all about superiority? like im better than you because you are from a lower caste? that is jahiliyyah

hope that helps

snakelegs
02-24-2008, 12:32 AM
though caste is strictly forbidden in islam, cultural traditions do not die easily.
there is caste in pakistan - there are even dalits (untouchables) in pakistan.
hopefully, someday muslims will finally shun this cultural garbage.

AFDAL
02-24-2008, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
though caste is strictly forbidden in islam, cultural traditions do not die easily.
This caste system ( Jahiliya system ) is very rampant in between the Muslims of India .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
02-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Mashallah the only agnostic that speaks somesense:peace:
Yeah i hate this cultural garbage.my dad always talks about this tribe and that tribe,always tells me you cannot forget the people back home and that i need to know my roots:ooh:

alcurad
02-24-2008, 08:40 PM
IMHO knowing your roots is not akin to cultural garbage, but still snakelegs is right, hopefully the day we reject the cultural garbage is near.

snakelegs
02-25-2008, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AFDAL
This caste system ( Jahiliya system ) is very rampant in between the Muslims of India .
yeah, i know - and it's so ironic cuz it's so against islam.
i agree with alcurad too, though. there is nothing wrong with knowing your roots, but some things really do belong in the garbage and this curse from hinduism is one of them!

Roasted Cashew
02-25-2008, 04:06 AM
yeah, i know - and it's so ironic cuz it's so against islam.
i agree with alcurad too, though. there is nothing wrong with knowing your roots, but some things really do belong in the garbage and this curse from hinduism is one of them!
Totally agree.

SomeHowpossible
02-25-2008, 06:53 AM
I belong to a lower cast, dont worry at all, but if we see the other aspect of this, this is a great family system that must be preserved. otherwise in this fast life everything will be lost, this cast system has also kept us intact with our good values....
and i think one reason of getting corrupt is transition from family system to open minded western system.
___
sss

waji
02-25-2008, 06:59 AM

rhai Pakistani cast ?? or family names or we can say Tribe name ??
i think there is no harm in knowing about your roots
influence in marriage decisions thats wrong

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.