/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Schools told to teach boys netball

xboxisdead
02-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Schools told to teach boys netball

By Jessica Salter and Graeme Paton
Last Updated: 2:35am GMT 28/12/2007

Schools have been told to encourage boys to play netball and take dance lessons in the name of equality.

Thousands of schools are being forced to ensure that pupils are more "gender balanced" as part of discrimination legislation introduced this year.

They must also ensure more girls study traditionally masculine subjects such as science, while increasing numbers of boys take options such as drama or dance.
advertisement

Some single-sex schools have even been warned, wrongly, that they may be breaking the law if their application procedure shows "imbalance" towards boys or girls.

Buckinghamshire county council asks schools to ensure they challenge gender stereotyping.

It advises schools to develop open-minded attitudes in children and promote positive role models for both boys and girls.

Last night, the guidance was criticised by head teachers, who said they were already struggling under the strain of bureaucracy.

Mick Brookes, the general secretary of the National Association of Head Teachers, said: "It doesn't make any sense to promote things to boys that they don't want to do, simply so you can tick a box on a form."

All companies and public bodies have to promote equal opportunity policies under the gender equality duty, which came into force in April.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-23-2008, 06:36 PM
:salamext:

Whats wrong with that? Netball is kool!

Cabdullahi
02-23-2008, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Whats wrong with that? Netball is kool!
Netball **** id never do that too embarassing, basketball yes netball NOOOOOO!!

guyabano
02-23-2008, 07:00 PM
why not? There's nothing harmful on netball. Also a lot of men are good dancers. I see no problem with that

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
02-23-2008, 07:01 PM
What's netball?

Cabdullahi
02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Netball is similar to basketball similar rules the only difference is women play it so its considered a women's sport,so i dont see why men should do it we'll stick to basketball let them stick to netball every1 is happy

Mikayeel
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
wa alykum alsalaam

netball is boring imo, dancing is out of order!

smile
02-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Netball rocks!!!...except i suck at it :(

------
02-23-2008, 08:21 PM

YO!!! Theres no such thing as womens/mens sport! If I hear one more sexist comment out of anyone, I am officially making a complainT! :muddlehea

I love basketball, football, badminton - doesn't mean they are guy sports!! Sheesh!

The Ruler
02-23-2008, 08:22 PM
:sl:

It would be rather interesting to watch. Though, I can predict that the amount of foot work/obstruction/contact fouls will be much greater than a women's netball match.

:w:

Cabdullahi
02-23-2008, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

YO!!! Theres no such thing as womens/mens sport! If I hear one more sexist comment out of anyone, I am officially making a complainT! :muddlehea

I love basketball, football, badminton - doesn't mean they are guy sports!! Sheesh!
oppss im sorryy

xboxisdead
02-23-2008, 08:37 PM
But you are wrong AhLÄÄM. There are men and women sport, now you are living in a day dream land. Next thing you will say there is no such thing as a woman and man washroom.

------
02-23-2008, 08:39 PM

YOU are the one who's being a sexist .......

xboxisdead
02-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Ask boys not wear Barbie cloth is sexiest? That sport pretty much represents the same concept if you scroll all the way up you notice all the brothers out there don't like this sport. Considered it a female sport. Can you imagine then what it is like at a young age to be forced to take this sort of sport.

The Ruler
02-23-2008, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by foodyt
Ask boys not wear Barbie cloth is sexiest? That sport pretty much represents the same concept if you scroll all the way up you notice all the brothers out there don't like this sport. Considered it a female sport. Can you imagine then what it is like at a young age to be forced to take this sort of sport.
I see... You're coming to grip with the fact that sexism exists. It's a fact of life. Face it.

xboxisdead
02-23-2008, 08:50 PM
**** right it is a fact but I am open to discuss it. There are an entire nation on the world who fight against sexism toward women (and it should) but there are no one for men. Hey after all it is ok to take away from men to give to women, however don't mind me if I am talking about the sexism toward men either. You have your gender to defend and I have mine, thank you very much. If that makes me anti-women or women hater so be it.

The Ruler
02-23-2008, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by foodyt
**** right it is a fact but I am open to discuss it. There are an entire nation on the world who fight against sexism toward women (and it should) but there are no one for men. Hey after all it is ok to take away from men to give to women, however don't mind me if I am talking about the sexism toward men either. You have your gender to defend and I have mine, thank you very much. If that makes me anti-women or women hater so be it.
And BANG! goes the... Sound?

You feel inferior to women, and certain women feel inferior to men. We all feel inferior to each other because we are never satisfied with what we have and what we are. Perhaps it's about time to stop being pessimistic and fill our heads with the hope that the Prophet (saw) left us with. If you are willing to make this world more fair, fine. You have your malist brothers to join you in a malist fight. Go and protest in front of the government building where ever you are.

I once said that you're an annoying person. I think I'll stick with that opinion.

alcurad
02-23-2008, 09:11 PM
easy now, no biting:thankyou:

The Ruler
02-23-2008, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
easy now, no biting:thankyou:
I wasn't biting, it's impossible to do that via the virtual world of the internet.

Besides... when I said this:

I once said that you're an annoying person. I think I'll stick with that opinion.
I said it in a more... Margaret style. Margaret in 'Horrid Henry' in the episode where he is trying to collect the golden gizmo from the cereal pack. In that episode, Margaret monotonously says, "I want it" i.e. the golden gizmo that Henry took from Peter. Refer to the episode titled "Horrid Henry's Hobby".

Where there's sarcasm, there's no space for bites.

Cabdullahi
02-23-2008, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian
I wasn't biting, it's impossible to do that via the virtual world of the internet.

Besides... when I said this:

I said it in a more... Margaret style. Margaret in 'Horrid Henry' in the episode where he is trying to collect the golden gizmo from the cereal pack. In that episode, Margaret monotonously says, "I want it" i.e. the golden gizmo that Henry took from Peter. Refer to the episode titled "Horrid Henry's Hobby".

Where there's sarcasm, there's no space for bites.

Margaret who?? :uuh:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.