PDA

View Full Version : Doll Face

FatimaAsSideqah
02-23-2008, 10:03 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Verily, We created man of the best stature (mould), [Al-T'in 95:4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl6hNj1uOkY
Note: Contains music.

This chilling movie reminded me of this verse of Qur'an.

{Verily, We created man of the best stature (mould)}

Many people are so caught up in the pursuit of an ever-changing, often unrealistic image of beauty. We destroy ourselves seeking the unattainable.

Women poison themselves by bleaching their skin with mercury so as to appear fairer. In the news we hear of women suffering debilitating complications from implants. Countless women suffer pain in their feet from fashionable, pointed-toe shoes and endure excruciating back pain from wearing high heels. The worst is bearing the consequences of being cursed due to plucking their eyebrows because they are unhappy with the way Allah created them.

Shaytan is quoted in the Qur'an as saying, "I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah." [4:119]

It's not just women! Some men take growth hormones, dangerous supplements, and even implants to get a hollywood physique.

If we were only content with the way Allah created us, we would finally find some peace in our hearts. That's not to say we shouldn't care about the way we look. The Prophet (salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam) abhorred those who didn't take care of their hair, looks, and health. Yet we must strike a balance between looking good and destroying ourselves (in both this life and the Hereafter) in the pursuit of unrealistic, worldly beauty.

And remember, if you want unbelievable good looks and endless youth, you can get it - in Paradise, Insha'Allah! So work for it!

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
02-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Sister is protein shake for weightlifting come under this???! i mean it ony replenishes my body with proteins after a work out?

FatimaAsSideqah
02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Sister is protein shake for weightlifting come under this???! i mean it ony replenishes my body with proteins after a work out?
Wa Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Do you mean protein shake drink? If so, they are fine, no problem.

If they are halal, then it is fine.

InToTheRain
02-23-2008, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Many people are so caught up in the pursuit of an ever-changing, often unrealistic image of beauty. We destroy ourselves seeking the unattainable. [4:119]
The bolded part is a fact, I saw this years back, I thought it would be good reference, it shows how perception of beauty is distorted:

(Has womans face, hair and music...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knEIM16NuPg

Just goes to show, those who follow the examples of the person on the link above has no perception of reality.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
02-23-2008, 10:28 PM
wa Alaykum alsalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Jazaak allah kair, thnx for the reminder sis:)

FatimaAsSideqah
02-23-2008, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid
The bolded part is a fact, I saw this years back, I thought it would be good reference, it shows how perception of beauty is distorted:

(Has womans face, hair and music...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knEIM16NuPg

Just goes to show, those who follow the examples of the person on the link above has no perception of reality.

:w:
This link does surprised to me. I didn't realised about that.

Jazaak'Allah Khair for the post.

Wa Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.