/* */

PDA

View Full Version : letters

noorseeker
02-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Assalamalikum brothers and sisters , sorry i feel like i am writing a silly post here. I was shredding all my letters, and i found a bag full of those letters i get from charities, islamic relief etc , and receipts of money i have given.

I try and never look at these letters , because i dont wanna remind my self i gave sadaqah, i dont want pride to enter my heart or become arrogant , or to think im really good.

Question is shall i destroy all those letters, because some of these letters have things like salams on them, the name of allah swt and his messenger pbuh, ayats of the quran written on them, i know its not the quran , but does it make bad to throw a piece of paper, with those things written on them. I always asssumed if something has arabic written on it , you should try be careful with it as so it doesnt fall on the floor
jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
02-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Disposing of papers in which Allaah’s name is mentioned
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=5390&ln=eng

Question:
Sometimes we have reading materials in Islam that we need to dispose. Some of them contain verses of the Qur'an in English. Some of them also has the word "Allah" in english. Please advise me on how to dispose them. JAzak Allahu Khairan

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

These papers can be put to good use by giving them to people who can benefit from them, or placing them in a library for that purpose.

If that is not possible, or the papers are not suitable for that purpose, then they may be destroyed by burning or by cutting them up so that the verses of the Qur’aan and the name of Allaah disappear, or they may be buried. If a few words remain there is no harm in that. There are machines that cut paper into long, thin strips (i.e., shredders), which may be used for this purpose. May Allaah help us and you to do all that is good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.