/* */

PDA

View Full Version : There is no wisdom that compares to His

FatimaAsSideqah
02-24-2008, 12:27 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

The revelation of this Book (the Quran) is from Allah, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. [Az-Zamar 39:1]

http://www.metmuseum.org/Works_of_Ar...0&item=42%2E63

That link will take you, as you can tell, to a page at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.

There you will see a page that should seem familiar...

Here is the description that you will see at the Met:

This page once belonged to the largest and among the most majestic Qur'an manuscripts produced in the medieval Maghrib. Qur'anic books and calligraphy in the Maghrib retained archaic features long since abandoned farther east. Such features include the use of parchment instead of polished paper; a square format; and deep, sweeping, rounded letter terminals. While the effect may be somewhat stiff, it is undeniably elegant and the elements of illumination as well as the overall graphic impact are nothing short of superb.

I can't tell your reaction at seeing this page... extracted from a mushaf... "this page once belonged"...

But I know this -- the words are as true today as the day they were revealed.

Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar. La ilaha illAllah.

Allah Hafiz
Sister Fatima

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
02-24-2008, 12:36 AM
wow - that's cool. i've never seen that script before - i can read it but only because i know what it says.

Mikayeel
02-24-2008, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
wow - that's cool. i've never seen that script before - i can read it but only because i know what it says.
May i ask where r u from?

U r an arabic speaker arent you?

snakelegs
02-24-2008, 03:11 AM
no i'm not.
i'm an american. i am teaching myself urdu and can read some arabic, though i only know a few words. i am familiar with al-fatiha.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.