/* */

PDA

View Full Version : God's Righteousness

john316
02-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey All

Been a while but I am back.

Now let's first start off with a question to all except athiests on what do you believe is God's righteosness, and what goes against it, and also how to overcome things that go against His righteousness. In other words are we righteuos in God's eyes from the beginning. I have had discussion before with fellow Christians. who say that sin/unrighteuosness just happen. the world doesnt want to sin but it happens. I am at loggerheads with this kind of statement. Because sin is a choice it is nothing you can fall into or just happen. You can fall into temptation but that is not a sin. Tepmtation is when you are given a choice to sin or not to. sin is something that is done by choice. Does God sin? No. So what do you believe it takes be be as Righteuos as God is righteuos?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
To be Righteous as God is Righteous.

In my humble opinion I do not think any Muslim will tell you that they can be righteous as God is. For there is nothing like unto Him.

His attributes and names are different to ours. check 42:11.

Out of curiosity, do you differentiate between sin and mistakes, like for example you said:

sin is something that is done by choice

what if someone breaks a rule of God by mistake.

Keltoi
02-27-2008, 11:13 PM
From a Christian perspective, if it were possible for human beings to be sinless there would be no need for Christ's sacrifice on the cross. So I'm a little confused as to why you would ask this question.

Abdul Fattah
03-01-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking about, could you be more specific in your question? I think this might have something to do with what you're looking for:
In Islam there is no "original sin" And no sin of Adam and Eve carried over to their children. Each person is born as a white piece of paper and only responsible for his/her own actions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.