02-25-2008, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
:sl:

Just thought I'd share this with ya'll.
http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/

^Tell me what you think...

:w:
It breaks Godwin's law almost straight away with that Nazi-comparison. But apart from that it seems like an Us vs. Them kind of movie, trying desperately to compare the war on terror with other wars. Islamist terrorism is not made by an ideology, like the Nazi threat was, it is created rather by the anger and hate of desperate people. The world war is incomparible to the war on terror, and the cold war is only comparible because the USA is trying to use the same tactics.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM

I really dislike the title of this thread...sorry but Islam isn't "radical..." Just thought I'd mention that.

Soulja Girl
02-26-2008, 07:27 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
I really dislike the title of this thread...sorry but Islam isn't "radical..." Just thought I'd mention that.
^Neither do I, reason why I put it in "inverted commas"
But I gta say this video portrays a very bad image of Islam and its also biased.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
02-26-2008, 10:50 AM
I agree with Fishman. When you think the world is against you, you try to rectify that (not the right way) so this is considered to be Radical version of Islam as portrayed by these select few.

MTAFFI
02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
I think that the video is obviously created for one reason, which is to drive home the fear factor. On the other hand a documentary of this nature couldnt be made unless there are those people out there to make it out of... I think that the video doesnt show the Islamic faith, but I do think that it shows the very real threat that exists in the middle east today. A threat that for some reason or another has decided to include religion in its arsenal of tactics.

Good post you crazy lady, thanks for sharing.

Keltoi
02-27-2008, 06:53 PM
The only threat these organizations pose to the American people is large terrorist acts committed with weapons of mass destruction. Flying planes full of jet fuel into crowded buildings is one way, but the main concern now is bombs containing nuclear and/or radioactive material. That is the main fear of just about every country, be they Western or not.

guyabano
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
its also biased.
What is biased then? It's a video.

I can see little girls yelling 'I'll turn into a suicide worrior'. and also paroles 'Death to america'. So what is so biased in this video?
The message in this video was rather clear. 'Radical Islam' might be the wrong word. 'Radical Muslims' would be more appropriate. But then again, are these people really Muslims?

Just curious

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.