/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Masterfood products use animal material?

Mikayeel
02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Asalaam alykum

Is it true that masterfood products use animal material? I have read that it has been so for about a year now.

Stuff like snickers, mars etc..

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wildkat
02-29-2008, 12:04 AM
salam,

no they dont use animal products in chocolates.. It was a really big deal a while back cos the Vegetarian Society (or summat like that) announced that Masterfoods was now gonna start using animal material because it was cheaper, so the chocolates were no longer suitable for vegetarians. I tell you when I found out I was sooo upset, I love maltesars and galaxy!!

But alhamdulillah, Masterfoods changed their minds because they received an enormous amount of complaints and said something about valuing customers opinions so they're still halal yay!!!

heres an article I found to back it up.. theres loads more aswell:
http://www.scouseveg.co.uk/?s=mars&paged=2

wassalam

Mikayeel
02-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Wa alykum alsalaam

Thaks alot sister!:) uve cleared my troubled mind! Am gna celebrate it with sum snickers :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.