/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotton Concepts Of Quran

onegodforall
02-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Wishing to reach Allah

The most important concept of Islam that is forgotten today is wishing to reach Allah. In other words, willing to deliver the spirit back to Allah before death. Yet, this important concept is not being taught by any Islamic source in spite of its existence in the Noble Qur'ân.

Forgetting such a crucial fact within 14 centuries after Prophet Muhammad (SAV) caused the only concept that would grant human beings the happiness in this world and happiness in the hereafter to be lost from religion as well.

But, why is it so important to wish to reach Allah? Because as Allahu Teala indicates 'a person who does not wish to reach Allah remains in dalalet-astray.'

39/Az-Zumar – 54:
Turn to Allah (wish to render your spirit to Allah) and submit yourself to Allah before the torment (in the grave and/or in the hereafter) comes on you. Or, after that you will not be helped.

In this verse, Allahu Teala is ordering us to submit ourselves to Allah before the torment is upon us. This torment could be in grave or in hell. In short, Allahu Teala is commanding us to turning to Allah before death, other wise we will not be saved from Hell. This is clearly a very important message because it is a matter of ending up in Heaven or Hell. Then, a mindful person will realize that it is necessary to turn to Allah in order to save himself from Hell and will seek the ways to turning to Allah. The explanations of these are again in the Noble Qur'ân.

42/Ash-Shûra – 13:
Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides (takes) unto Himself those who turn to Him.

In this verse, Allahu Teala indicates that if we turn to Him, only then He will guide us to Himself. Therefore, turning to Allah is nothing else but making the wish to reach Allah. Through such a wish, we will have fulfilled all commands that are mentioned in Az Zumar 54, since the result of wishing to reach Allah is submitting to Him.

Only after then, our religious services, such as the prayers we offer can be valid. It is very easy to explain this as well. The purpose of religion is clearly not performing prayers or fulfilling other religious services. Religious services are only the means/instruments in religion, but not the purpose! The purpose on the other hand is reaching Allah spiritually using these means/instruments. Now, let's consider the religious services as our feet for a moment! If we do not have a purpose, does not matter where our feet take us, we cannot get to any point! Our feet to take us to a certain place do not mean that we are at the place we have to be or want to be! Only if we have a purpose, than the feet will get us to that very place. An individual who is not willing to reach Allah spiritually certainly gets to a certain point as s/he prays and fasts regularly. Yet, because of not having a purpose (not wishing to reach Allah), this individual cannot get to the point s/he is supposed to get. Since the individual cannot get to any point this way, s/he is also in dalalet-astray.

Therefore, religious services without the wish to reach Allah cannot save the individual from being astray. One can end being astray only with a purpose, which is making the wish to reach Allah before death, and can step into hidayet. On the other hand, wishing to reach Allah alone cannot get us to the point either without the fulfillment of religious services. In such a case, even though we have a purpose, we do not have the means to get us to that purpose. The teaching of the Quran itself is a whole, and we can only have salvation if we fulfill it in its entirety!

If wishing to reach Allah is very important, and only through this wish we can have salvation from dalalet/astray then what is the way of wishing to reach Allah? This is one of the hardest concepts to understand. Let's give an example;

Most Muslims think and say‚ 'I perform prayers and fast, in short I fulfill all pillars of Islam and of course I do these things to reach Allah.' But Allahu Teala indicates in the Noble Qur'ân that there is a different way to reach Allah:

8th Verse of Muzzammil Surah:
"Repeat the name of Allah and reach Him, dedicating yourself to Him utterly"

In this verse, Allahu Teala indicates that the only way to reach Allah is by doing dhikir which is repeating the name of Allah, saying "Allah Allah Allah Allah… " one after another. Dhikir also cleanses our soul hence we can say that thorough dhikir we can discipline and tame our soul

Therefore, wishing to reach Allah is wishing to cleanse the soul to be able to render the spirit back to Allahu Teala before death. Simply because, the spirit can only reach Allah if the souls' heart is cleansed. In order to do that, it is important to do dhikir. No one can claim that the individual is wishing to reach Allah if s/he is not willing to cleanse the soul and therefore not doing dhikir to cleanse the soul either, even if the individual is performing prayers and fulfilling all other religious services. In such a case the soul's heart will never be cleansed and the spirit will never be able return back to Allah. Consequently, wishing to reach Allah is starting to do dhikir to cleans the soul to be able to render the spirit back to Allah before death. As soon as we genuinely make such a statement, we become the owner of taqwa/piety.

Turn to Allah (wish to reach Allah) and be the owner of taqwa/piety, and perform prayer and do not become a Mushriq one/unbeliever.

If we pay attention to this verse, we realize that the condition to becoming the owner of taqwa is turning to Allah (wishing to reach Allah). No Islamic source today unfortunately teaches that wishing to reach Allah is an obligation, aside from the holy Quran. Such an important fact of Quran is totally forgotten. The reason to forget such a fact is nothing but deserting the Quran. In other words, trying to teach religion from hand written books rather than the Quran itself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MartyrX
02-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Great post. We all should ponder on these words.

cute123
02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Wonderful Explanation , would like to hear more. Jazaikhar.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
mashaAllaah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
onegodforall
02-28-2008, 09:14 PM
May Allah be razi from you all. JezakALLAH..

Turn on the water faucet and let the water run. Think that the water is a blessing of Allah (SWT) as you are listening to the sound of running water. Devoutly think of Allah (SWT) as you wet your face and hair with water. Go right in front of the window and look outside towards the skies, glazing through the clouds. Keep thinking of Allah (SWT), feeling how much He loves you. Breath in and out with His compassion and love. Try to give your heart to Him and offer Him your tender love from your heart. Feel in the depths of your heart that He is with you and loves you so much. Tell Him what you want using your heart as it opens to the skies, opens to Allah (SWT). Keep telling what you want over and over again…

"Almighty Allah, it is you who created me! You are my Lord! You are my Owner, and I am all yours! I am willing to return back to You! I am willing to render my Spirit to You as it belongs to you in the first place. I wish to render the Spirit back to You that you have blown into me at the time of my birth! I wish to reach You!"

Ask this until Allah (SWT) manifests in your heart! When that happens, you will know very well! You will be saying "is everything so wonderful, or is it only me feeling this way?" too!..

onegodforall
03-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Are you trying to find the true joy and happiness? Are you ready to live with joy and happiness on a daily basis? Would you like to upgrade your relationship with GOD? How about having joy and happiness in this world as well as in the Hereafter as a full package? Then just make one single wish! Wish to become like any Saint of God ever existed! Still do not know how? Just say "Almighty, You always have Saints at all times. However the way they became your Saints, however the way they 'sent' their spirits to You, my Lord, I am willing to render my spirit back to you before death as well!" Making such a wish from the deepest of your heart is enough to become friends with God. God is all hearing and all knowing! You will only make the wish to render your spirit back to God as you are still living the life of this world, and the rest will be done by God Himself. He will get you to the peak of joy and happiness!

rabarbara2008
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
SubhanAllah what a great and beneficial read, very good posting and a nice reminder!

Nájlá
04-04-2008, 04:21 PM
thank u

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.