/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Animals

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
02-26-2008, 08:22 AM

Gallagher the cat returns
Gallagher the cat vanished from his home and turned up four weeks later, 350 miles away after apparently hitching a lift. This crafty Burmese cat has a history of wandering off, and was found on Teesside almost a month after leaving owner Rachel Pedley's home in Hampshire.

Rabies immune rabbit

Jeanna Giese kisses her pet rabbit at her home in Fond du Lac, Wis. Giese is a medical marvel who has been studied as a one-of-a-kind case: She survived rabies without vaccination.

Giant rabbit
Roberto the 2-year-old Continental Giant rabbit is 3.5ft long and weighs 2.5 stone, his enormous proportions may well make him the world's largest rabbit.

Earless rabbit befriends duckling
Dixie, pictured here at three-weeks, was born without any ears while week-old CJ the duckling surprised farm workers by cracking out of his shell to cuddle up to the lugless bunny.

Hen crows like cockerel
Miss Millie, a four-year-old rare Frizzled Polish hen, crows at dawn and struts around the farmyard like a proud male. This was after her mate and all the other females in the yard were killed by a fox.

The owl and the dog
Unlikely friends, 'Wol' the Tawny owl and 'Juno' a Bull Mastiff dog stare each other out at the Briitish Small Animals Veterinary Association's congress.

Mouse meets rabbit
Waiting around to be judged at the Rabbit and Mouse Championships, Minnie Mouse found Dooley a 19 pound British Giant Rabbit a comfortable resting place at the start of the two day title event at Doncaster Racecourse.

Mice besiege friendly cat
In Cagliari on the resort island Sardinia, Italy. The owner, who has trained his cat to not eat mice, makes money by presenting the cat in a pedestrian area.

Kangaroo dog
A five month old dog is pictured resembling a kangaroo. According to the owner, the dog was born without forepaws yet it's mother and brother own perfectly healthy bodies like normal dogs. The dog can eat and jump like a kangaroo.

Glow in the dark cats

South Korean scientists have cloned cats that glow red when exposed to ultraviolet rays, an achievement that could help develop cures for human genetic diseases, the Science and Technology Ministry said.

Four legged duckling
This is Stumpy, a four-legged duckling as photographed back in February 2007 at Warrawee Duck Farm in Hampshire.

Feline beauty contest
This is a picture of a Sphynx cat being held before a referee while being evaluated at an international cat beauty contest in Bucharest Romania. Rare breed cats sell for prices ranging from 300 to over 1,000 euros. The average monthly income in Romania is around 200 euros.

Fidget the fat cat
Fidget, weighing 18 lbs, and lives with owner Wendy at a pet food shop in North Shields, North Tyneside.

Miracle cat survives crossbow
'Miracle' cat Tig with Daniel and Shanna Lynne. Fourteen-month-old Tig, owned by the Lynne family of Fazely, West Midlands, was missing from home for 11 days before returning with a six inch crossbow bolt lodged two inches deep under his left eye.

Who says cats and dogs aren't friends?
A puppy and cat walk together in a voting station in the village of Sintesti, Romania.

Two-nosed bull
A bull with three horns and two noses eats grass at Wanzhou Xishan Park in Chongqing, China. According to the park's worker the two-year-old leads a normal life.

Norfolk black-necked swan cygnet
A rare black-necked swan carries its two-week-old cygnet on its back at Pensthorpe Waterfowl Park, Fakenham, Norfolk. Native to Argentina and Chile, the rare bird is the only species of swan that carries its young on it's back.

Two-legged cat
This special cat was discovered by Jiang Zhen, a man in Mudanjiang, Heilongjiang province in China. The cat has two normal legs. The other two legs just have half length compared with normal legs

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Souljette
02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
WOWWW Subhannalllah dere soooo cuteee mashallah

Camomilla
02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Subhanallah! :)
thanx for the share sister, Jazakallah Khair!

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
:sl:
i really like those glow in the dark kitties

It certainly would help me a great deal when a visit to the vet is due and they hide :giggling: they always seem to `know` when its VET time.

I just hope that the kitties were not harmed in any way.. *against harmfull animal testing*
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM
they are so cute subhanallah i love kittens

Whatsthepoint
02-26-2008, 10:35 PM
blobfish

blob..

snakelegs
02-27-2008, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
blobfish
blob..
lovely!

Malaikah
02-27-2008, 05:28 AM

I love that first cat!! talk about attitude, lol.

I really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing!

Asper
02-27-2008, 06:18 AM

Subhan'Allah I've always found the platypus to be the strangest animal in existence

Asper
02-27-2008, 06:24 AM
whoops! i forgot to add to my last post (can't edit =p)

Did you know:
Monotremes (mammals who lay eggs) are the only mammals known to have a sense of electroreception: they locate their prey in part by detecting electric fields generated by muscular contractions. The Platypus' electroreception is the most sensitive of any monotreme.

Themale Platypus has ankle spurs which produce a cocktail of venom. Although powerful enough to kill smaller animals, the venom is not lethal to humans, but is so excruciating that the victim may be incapacitated

Such bizarre creatures subhan'Allah!

Khayal
02-27-2008, 07:34 AM

All animals are beautiful, Alhamdulilah, but I like the most is..

Norfolk black-necked swan cygnet
A rare black-necked swan carries its two-week-old cygnet on its back at Pensthorpe Waterfowl Park, Fakenham, Norfolk. Native to Argentina and Chile, the rare bird is the only species of swan that carries its young on it's back.

wildkat
02-28-2008, 11:50 PM
subhnallah, some amazing animals!! love the blobfish lol

Mikayeel
02-29-2008, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§hå‹&# 16 8;¯)
i really like those glow in the dark kitties

It certainly would help me a great deal when a visit to the vet is due and they hide :giggling: they always seem to `know` when its VET time.

I just hope that the kitties were not harmed in any way.. *against harmfull animal testing*
Thanks for sharing:)

Salam alykum sis ayesha, r u for real?? do they really hide when u takin dem to the vet?? Cats r amazing i love dem!

Mikayeel
02-29-2008, 12:09 AM
http://www.eitangrunwald.com/TX5-04/...nedLizard2.jpg these lizzards squirt blood from der eyes!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.