/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to answer to the Krishnas question - Why cat is so much simillar to the owner ?

AFDAL
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
On 26 / 02 /08 - I was waiting just out side the metro train in Kyiv - Ukraine . Actually it was nearly about 14:30 , and I was waiting for my Palestanian friend who was in the Majid to do his As'ar sallah - and than he will meet me out side the metro, so that we wanted to meet and eat together in the muslim cafe just not far from the metro in the University campus. So some how he was late and I was standing in the street , suddenly a person came to my notice - he was carrying some books and was approching to the passer by in the street to buy his books, as soon as I saw him - in my mind struck that he is the follower of krishna ( he is white fellow ) , and so he was , he approch towards me and ask me to buy his books, I repplyed that I will does not like to buy his books, after that he ask me to give some charity towards his place of worship and he said me that if I give little amount towards his place of worship - God will ruturn me million times more than the amount and also he said that he is a monk . I said that I am from India and I do not belive on his system and his books. He was so supprised to heare that how can I be an Indian - do not respect Indian culture and Indian holly books " Bagawat Gita " . I just said that I do not belive in these books or as he said the Indian culture. Suddenlly I ask him do he belive that if I or he have did bad work in these life than we will born in the next life as a cockroch, his repply was yes if we do bad work in this life than we will born as cockroch in the next life.

So it was a ducussion of nearly 10 minute - suddenly his next question was ----

Ok say me Why a cat is so much simillar towards his owner ?
So - I started to answer , but he stoped me than tried to answer but I ask him - look you have put me this question so let me answer - and if I could not than you will answer --- so I started to answer than that - God have made every thing in this universe - the sky and the earth Man and also Animal . Suddenly he started to look towards me my face and he said again with out hearing my answer - to buy his books or give some amount of money towards his place of worship. I said that I will not buy his books or pay any amount towards his place of worship. Than with out hearing my answer he said Good Bye.

In between our conversation he said that where his place of worship is situated and also to give a visit. The place of his worship incidently happens to be near my place where I live.

My - question to some learned persons over in the forum - What and how should I give him the answer ? Because again I will find this person and will try to give him a fitting repply - and this time I will not let him go , Inshah Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AFDAL
02-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Please give me some nice explaination , I am waiting for it - so that Inshah Allah I can give this Krishna following guy a fitting answer.

Trumble
02-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I think the answer, or the start of answer, that you gave is reasonable enough from your, and indeed his perspective. From what you describe, though, he wasn't really interested in whatever answer you happened to give anyway, so what is the point of preparing one in case you bump into him again?

Muezzin
02-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Wait a minute. What exactly is he asking? 'Why is a cat so similar to his owner'? Similar in what way? Behaviour? Looks?

I'm probably just being extremely slow, but I honestly don't know what he's suggesting by asking such a (seemingly) rhetorical question.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
02-29-2008, 10:26 PM
you're not the only one who didn't get it!
from what i've heard, some of the krishna people are every bit as aggressive as some of the christian missionaries.
personally, i don't bother answering these people - just walk away.

MartyrX
02-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah I'm a bit lost myself. I think it would be best to just move on from this person and not worry about it. In all honesty I don't think he would accept any answer you gave him.

czgibson
02-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Greetings,

One of my good friends has two cats, and you wouldn't believe the amount of time he spends cleaning himself and coughing up furballs.

Peace

Abdul Fattah
03-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Selam aleykum
My - question to some learned persons over in the forum - What and how should I give him the answer ? Because again I will find this person and will try to give him a fitting reply - and this time I will not let him go , Inshah Allah.
I'm not a "learned person" but I'll answer your question nonetheless...
1. I would discourage going there. Giving dawah is great, on the metro, at work, whenever you have the opportunity. But be sure to know what those opportunities are. An opportunity is when somebody is listening. People that try to convert you to their faith are usually not listening. I would leave the wet works (=going to a place of worship of a different faith to be thrown in front of the lions) for the scholars.
2. Some questions are traps. Try to read between the lines. When someone who's promoting his/her faith asks an "out of the blue" question like that, it's usually not because they are genuinely looking for an answer. So the safest approach here is to reply by questioning motives:
"Are you genuinely asking me because you are looking for the answer or are you just asking me because you want me to consider?"
In most cases, the reason for such a question is that the other party has a nice text-book answer they want to share with you. Questioning motives will force them to either lie, in which case you can catch them on their lies, or be honest in which case you can simply reply:
"I'm pondering the question you wanted me to consider, and I find a perfectly logical answer to it without having to question my own beliefs or without becoming intrigued in whatever answer you're trying to pitch me."
This "diffusion" could save both sides from a lot of frustration over an argument that is irrelevant either way.
Other then that I'd like to point out the danger of answering a question to which the answer is unknown. Consider the following three questions:

1. What are the 5 pillars of Islam?
2. What are the 4 forces in Physics?
3. What does a soul look like?

If I answer question #2, everybody will know I'm not getting my answer from the Qur'an. The answer to question 1 on the other hand, will be straightforward text-book answer. But what about 3? Always make sure, that the person you're talking to knows where your answer comes from when answering a question like number 3. Good dawah is not: "answering as many questions as possible" but rather: "spreading as much information that is both correct and relevant as possible, ".

Good luck :)

AvarAllahNoor
03-01-2008, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

One of my good friends has two cats, and you wouldn't believe the amount of time he spends cleaning himself and coughing up furballs.

Peace
LOL! - This had me chuckling.

I like others on here have no idea what the post is about.

I usually like a banter with Hare Krishnas, Mormons, Muslims, Christians, Jehovahs Witnesses. But those that start to argue with me, I walk away.

Mikayeel
03-01-2008, 12:40 PM
I have never seen a cat that looks like his owner.. maybe it corresponds to the behaviour of the owner, but that is pretty much it??

What about all those cats who don't look like their owner?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.