/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do Jews and Christians belive are their LAWS?

AntiKarateKid
02-26-2008, 11:12 PM
In my philosphy class we discussed morals laws and etc and my teacher made an strange claim. He said God did not give humans a complete set of laws to live by. What I mean is that the ten commandments were given to the Jews but their intricacies, such as the exceptions to thou shalt not steal, murder etc were worked out by people.

What laws has God assigned and you and who worked them out?

I believe that there has to be some explaination as to why Allah would give "partial" or "whole" sets of laws to the Jews and Christians. Can any of you explain?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Channah
04-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I dont know if you realise but jews have 613 commandments .. some of which relate to the temple in jerusalem which is now in ruins..

the ten laws your refer to are known as the '' noahide laws'' they are the 10 that are meant to be universal for all peoples no matter what faith .. the other 603 are specifically for the jewish people and not meant to be followed by others ..

hope that makes sense

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.