/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eathquake hits England

'Abd al-Baari
02-27-2008, 08:17 AM
The biggest earthquake in the UK for nearly 25 years has shaken homes across large parts of England.
People in Newcastle, Yorkshire, London, Manchester, the Midlands and Norfolk and also parts of Wales, felt the tremor just before 0100 GMT.

A man suffered leg injuries when a chimney collapsed in South Yorkshire.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) said the epicentre of the 5.3 magnitude quake was near Market Rasen, Lincolnshire.

Bev Finnegan, who lives in the town, said: "I was terrified to be honest. The noise was really, really terrifying... it was so deep and rumbling.

"It felt like the roof was going to fall in. There were people coming out in their dressing gowns wondering what it was. It was quite an experience."

It's the third earthquake I have felt and by far the strongest

Adam Wilson
Cotgrave, Nottingham

'Biggest quake of my life'

A Lincolnshire police spokeswoman said the force had received dozens of calls from residents but there were no reports of anyone in the county being injured.

"There is slight structural damage, cracks and a couple of chimneys damaged. There's nothing serious at present.

"Mostly people were distressed by it so there were a large quantity of calls coming in."

Speaking from Gainsborough, Mike Thomas, chief fire officer for Lincolnshire, said crews had been called out to 50 incidents and one fire as a result of the quake.

Speaking on BBC News, Justin Cowell in Gainsborough, said: "It started as a massive shake.

"People had come out into the street. It seemed the whole town had woken up."

Tom Edwards, from Heckington, Lincolnshire, said he heard a noise like "an underground train and an enormous roar".

"I thought I was probably going to get killed."

Dr Brian Baptie of the BGS said: "An earthquake of this size, of magnitude five or thereabouts, will occur roughly every ten to 20 years in the UK," he said.

Full Story

SubhanAllah did anyone feel it, my parents did but i was fast asleep and didn't even wake up :-[

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2008, 08:27 AM
Yeh I felt it too was cool

00:00
02-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeh I felt it too was cool
how can you call something cool that can cause destruction, that caused hundreds of people to die.

I was sleep so did'nt feel anything, jus heard about it after fajr, and news from bbc.

Cabdullahi
02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah i was watching bbc's video reaction from the public and one of them said ' our first instinct was that it was a terrorist attack'
what a plonker:enough!::enough!:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2008, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
How can you call something cool that can cause destruction, that caused hundreds of people to die.

I was sleep so did'nt feel anything, jus heard about it after fajr, and news from bbc.
BECAUSE It's Gods hukam!! (Order)

------
02-27-2008, 08:48 AM
:salamext:

I woke up and found my bed banging against the radiator for like 5 seconds... :ooh: Was freaky :ooh:

00:00
02-27-2008, 08:50 AM
so that makes it cool. :?

Cabdullahi
02-27-2008, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Brother avar do you think there was an intended message from allah with this earthquake. because my friend called me last night and told me one of our friends was smoking outside his house and the ground started to shake so he threw the cigerrette and started to run back home and after that he said thats it! he will quit

AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2008, 08:51 AM
so that makes it cool. :?
To me, YES! - Everything in his comand should be accepted, good or bad!

Cabdullahi
02-27-2008, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

I woke up and found my bed banging against the radiator for like 5 seconds... :ooh: Was freaky :ooh:
i slept like a baby i aint felt or heard the earthquake until my frightened sister woke me up lol:statisfie

AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2008, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Brother avar do you think there was an intended message from allah with this earthquake. because my friend called me last night and told me one of our friends was smoking outside his house and the ground started to shake so he threw the cigerrette and started to run back home and after that he said thats it! he will quit
Allah is always guiding us. It's us who don't acknowledge it. Every little thing (or large) serves a purpose, only Allah alone knows why he does it. It's beyond our understanding. We should never question, just accept! :)

Cabdullahi
02-27-2008, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
To me, YES! - Everything in his comand should be accepted, good or bad!
I know what you mean but the brother is confused because you used the term cool because cool and earthquake dont go along each other but i know u ment cool as in,it happened and thats it im cool with it

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
I woudnt call an eartquake cool, i would just call it Qadr. We know that Allah sent disasters with the likes of these to the people Allah hated. Aad, Thamud. The people of Saleh. 1 Shout and it was silent. SubhanAllaah. Far from cool, even when a rainstorm would come, the prophet (SAW) would go inside out of fear for Allah and supplicate to Him, (Allaah)

I slept through it btw...

Salaam.............

Muezzin
02-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I slept through the whole thing. I didn't even know about it till somebody told me this morning. Is that badass or shameful?

------
02-27-2008, 10:00 AM

^ Shameful!! :ooh: Ur a heavy sleeper lol... Not good!

The_Prince
02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I slept through the whole thing. I didn't even know about it till somebody told me this morning. Is that badass or shameful?
lol.

The_Prince
02-27-2008, 10:09 AM
this is the immigrants fault btw! :) you know they blame everything on immigrants, lol, this will be blamed on them too.

Trumble
02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
how can you call something cool that can cause destruction, that caused hundreds of people to die.
They don't in the UK, though, so far anyway.

It's a good point though. I always feel vaguely guilty when the media make a big fuss of an earthquake in the UK even when the most the happens in the way of chaos and destruction is "man hurts leg as chimney collapses". It's just so trivial compared with recent quakes in China, Iran, Pakistan and Japan... not to mention the one that caused the big tsunami.

Mikayeel
02-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Salam alykum, i did not feel anythig hmmm!, I did wake up with a mark on my forehead though i wonder why!

aamirsaab
02-27-2008, 11:01 AM
:sl:

I'm special - I survived an earthquake.

Now all I need is a T-shirt with that statement printed on the front.

fatima_01
02-27-2008, 12:24 PM
ye i felt it to i was awake when it all started and i tell u summit folks it had to be the scariest thing ever:exhausted

Souljette
02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Well i hope all of u are safe inshallah

AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Heavy sleeper?

I'm a very light sleeper. The smallest of noises wakes me up! - If any light manages to get through the curtains that too keeps me awake. Has to be pitch dark & very very quiet. lol
:D

S_87
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM

i was up but felt nothing at all

*Maysun
02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

إِذَا زُلْزِلَتِ الْأَرْضُ زِلْزَالَهَا

وَأَخْرَجَتِ الْأَرْضُ أَثْقَالَهَا

وَقَالَ الْإِنسَانُ مَا لَهَا

يَوْمَئِذٍ تُحَدِّثُ أَخْبَارَهَا

بِأَنَّ رَبَّكَ أَوْحَى لَهَا

يَوْمَئِذٍ يَصْدُرُ النَّاسُ أَشْتَاتًا لِّيُرَوْا أَعْمَالَهُمْ

فَمَن يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيْرًا يَرَهُ

وَمَن يَعْمَلْ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ شَرًّا يَرَهُ

Subahana Allah i was just talking bout earthquake to my sister.. cuz i felt like too manyy fitnahs r going around these days i was sayin to myself it might happen an earthwake and subahana allah it did ..

my sister did but i neva.

aadil77
02-27-2008, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
Salam alykum, i did not feel anythig hmmm!, I did wake up with a mark on my forehead though i wonder why!
haha! LOl!:D

noorseeker
02-27-2008, 06:12 PM
I was at work , i felt the desk move, i was on my break, i think i was on this forum actually. i straight away thought about the day of judgement, and was thinking if Allah swt wanted to destroy all the buildings, no one could stop him , made me realise that actually humans are not that powerful after all.

Mikayeel
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Oooh thinking about that the day i was in sudan on a holiday!, and the sky became soooo dark!(it was afternoon).

It was a sandstorm so heavy!!

Media Tags are no longer supported
look at it. THe sky became so dark it was like night, and then that moment i thought the day of judgement was due! Because i was caught in the sand storm and I cudnt see my hand if i stuck it out! Then i realised how weak a creation i was compared to the sandstorm!
Media Tags are no longer supported

Aaliyah~
02-27-2008, 07:58 PM
i felt it too!
i live in Leicester so we felts it quite a bit.....
i was really scared , it lasted about 10seconds but seemed longer,

MartyrX
02-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Is it just me or have their been more earthquakes since the beginning of the year? It seems like every few days MSN is reporting about an earthquake somewhere.

Fishman
02-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Yup, I felt it, it was really scary. I was fast asleep, and then I suddenly woke up and everything was banging around and shaking! So I thought that something bad was happeninging, and I lept up out of bed and ran, still half asleep. I thought the room was falling down. Then I saw my parents, and they said that they thought it was an earthquake. Panic over, and I went back to bed.

Soulja Girl
02-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Hope everyones oki. :-\
I was sleeping, then I just woke up suddenly. I thought I had just woken up from a nightmare but only to find my bed shaking, got so scared. :scared:
But this certainly was a warning from Allah and we should learn a lesson from our mistakes. May Allah save us all from his punishment.

chacha_jalebi
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
ooow

whoever felt is lucky (and safe i hope:D)

i wannid to feel it!!

it must been a crappy one

muslima1
02-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I was awake revising when it happened I just ssat still, I was in shock! I think it was a wake up call we all needed that death could come anytime. Allah is soo merciful he agve us another chance even though we didn't deserve it after all the sins we have done. If Allah wanted it could of been the end of us.
Allah makes earthquakes happen when adultery, drinking. interest and music become common unfortunate all these are common even in our fellow muslim brothers and sisters.
May Allah guider us all Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.