/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Martyr, The Scholar/Reciter and The Generous

Khaldun
02-27-2008, 11:48 AM
:sl:

In his book Ad-Daa’ Wad-Dawaa’, Ibn Al-Qayyim explains the hadith of the first three to be thrown into Hell on the Day of Resurrection. He says:

“From Abu Hurayrah, who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah say, ‘ Verily, the first to be judged on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who had died as a martyr. He will be brought forward. Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?’ The man will reply: `I fought for Your Cause till I was martyred.’ Allah will say: `You have lied. You fought so that people might call you courageous; and they have done so.’ Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.

Next a man who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur’an will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?’ The man will reply: `I acquired knowledge and taught it, and read the Qur’an for Your sake.’ Allah will say to him: `You have lied. You acquired knowledge so that people might call you a learned (man), and you read the Qur’an so that they might call you a reciter, and they have done so.’ Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.

Next a man whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth, will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?’ The man will reply: `I did not neglect any of the ways You liked wealth to be spend liberally for Your sake’. Allah will say to him: `You have lied. You did it so that people might call you generous, and they have done so.’ Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.

And the wording, “So these are the first of Allaah’s creation the Fire will be kindled with on the Day of Resurrection“

Saheeh Muslim, 13/45/1905

Then he says:

“And I heard Shaykh Al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah say, “Just as the best of the people are the Prophets, then the worst of the people is the one who imitates them, giving the false impression that he is from them while he is not from them. The best of people after them are the Ulemaa’ and the Shuhadaa’ and the Siddeeqoon and the Mukhlisoon, and the worst of the people is the one who imitates them while giving the false impression that he is from them, while he is not from them.”

Ad-Daa’ Wad-Dawaa’ pp38-39

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-27-2008, 11:50 AM
:salamext:

And the wording, “So these are the first of Allaah’s creation the Fire will be kindled with on the Day of Resurrection“
:ooh:

Whoah....deep article akhee!! Jazaak Allaah Khayr....

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-27-2008, 09:30 PM
JazakAllaah Khayr, a seriously beneficial post, JazakAllaah for the reminder.

Inshaa'Allaah we have to be careful not to let the Shaytaan use this hadith as a tool against us. The devil may try and remind us of this hadith, when we are trying to do one of these acts, to try and put us off, and decieve us about our own intentions, hence we wont do the deed out of fear we are one of the people mentioned in this hadith. - heard them words in a lecture by Anwar Awlaki (I think)

Salaamz...........................................

future_scholar
02-28-2008, 11:59 AM
masha allah, there are lesssons to be taken from this article

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 12:01 PM
may Allah protect us from nifaaq.

Ameen

Intisar
02-28-2008, 12:22 PM
:sl: Subhan Allaah, just another reminder that everything should be for Allaah's sake only.

Khaldun
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
:sl:

That is true brother Ibn Al Aqwa, doing a deed for the sake of people seeing you is Riy'a and leaving off doing a good deed because of the people is Shirk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.