/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it me? Or does.....

------
02-27-2008, 02:23 PM
:salamext:

Is it only me, or does LI seem different than to 2006/2007? All the active members have left....and you know....It's just not the same anymore!!!

Does anyone else feel the same way?!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
-S-
02-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Salams

i think in a forum lifecycle people come and go - forums goes through stages.........thats how i see it.....same with ummah aswell you get a batch of people who get active for a while t hen they all go and you get a new batch of people!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
^ lol sounds like a factory.

hmm

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
:sl:
i really like this forum and have learnt so much from here,
But why are all the girls leaving? :cry: :?
I was just starting to get to know the regular posters,
i guess im still counted as a Newbie having joined in Dec 2007... :X
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
-S-
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
yeh well i see where u coming from not that i was here in that year i know full well cos it hapepns at ummah you think where is everyone gone

but i mean if there is anything that you need me to do from admin side i .e send a mass email out to everyone etc etc remove something add something then let me know

i've removed those Social networking stuff from the forum i.e friends.albums etc etc cos of peopel t hinking it will go down the social netowkring route so ive taken that out

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
^ may Allah reward you :)

aamirsaab
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Most of the members that signed up at around same time as me have left. I wouldn't say LI has lost it's touch though - it's been around for 3 years and we've had lots of members, though about 100 ish proper active ones throughout the 3 years.

One thing is for sure, it has gotten quiter but maybe that's because people are busier with school/college/uni etc.

Woodrow
02-27-2008, 03:16 PM
A forum is made up of living people. As living people our views, opinions and likes change. Members come and go. It is always in a constant state of change. It is this continuous changing that leads to growth and keeps a forum in tune with the memberships desires.

AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm still here....

unfortunately you say...?
:angry:

------
02-27-2008, 06:57 PM

So this is normal?

MartyrX
02-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Every forum I've ever been on has this cycle. You've got people who come and go all of the time. Some people may stay longer while others are here for a short visit.

cihad
02-27-2008, 08:08 PM
yeah, i'm totally busy that i just don't have time anymore:(
but this forum has kind of slowed down.

muslima1
02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I joined in 2005 just used read posts because I was too busy to reply only started posting myself now. I have definitely seen a change it was more lively before but I guess people get busy and opinions change.

Fishman
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Fishman is still here...

snakelegs
02-28-2008, 02:52 AM
this is the main forum i have experience with. i have noticed, over time, that it goes through different phases. it wiggles in one direction and then in another.

Intisar
02-28-2008, 03:10 AM
:w: People come and go, people are busy. They will all come back inshaa Allaah.

syilla
02-28-2008, 04:56 AM

i'm still here... :D

I'm pregnant...so looking at the computer all day doesn't help with my nauseas... :X

I keep checking LI, i just don't feel i have anything to post thats all.

Wassallam

muslimah_786
02-28-2008, 12:31 PM
oh sorry brother and sisters iv been away so haven't been on LI much, sory its lost its touch because of me! :P

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 12:31 PM
i went into deep comtemplation mode yesterday but today LI seems really live and active.

mashaAllaah i can feel the barakah in it :)

Assalamu Alaikum

S_87
02-28-2008, 01:08 PM

well i was here back in 2006 and im still here and havent left. so no it hasnt lost its touch so long as im here! when i leave you can say its lost its touch :p

Ibn Al Aqwa
02-28-2008, 01:21 PM
when i first signed up, i wasnt that active, when i started being a little active, about 5 months ago, i didnt feel anything from it.

Now i have started discovering the Dawah, and Biography section, and have actually started learning. For me, i feel LI is at its best now. If you come here for general chat, you wont feel anything, come here to benefit, you will benefit Inshaa'Allaah.

Salaamz............................

------
03-25-2008, 12:53 PM

yeh well its definitely not the same now

Ali.
03-25-2008, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

yeh well its definitely not the same now

Are there people in particular your missing? Or just in general you feel lots of people have left?

------
03-25-2008, 01:38 PM

Bro you wouldn't understand. Its not just the people :mmokay: khayr... :-\

Ali.
03-25-2008, 01:43 PM

Bro you wouldn't understand. Its not just the people :mmokay: khayr... :-\

Why wouldn't 'I' understand?

Have I not been on this forum long enough or something

------
03-25-2008, 01:43 PM

You werent here in 2006, you don't know how nice it was then.

Uthman
03-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I miss Ansar Al 'Adl.

Without him, this place isn't half the place it used to be.

------
03-25-2008, 01:46 PM

^ And kadafi bein in charge of the forum, it used to run so smoothly.

And some other members as well..

Ali.
03-25-2008, 01:46 PM

You werent here in 2006, you don't know how nice it was then.

Okay, sis.

Do you think it is that much worse?

------
03-25-2008, 01:49 PM

^ Yup. Am not saying new members aren't nice, but the old style of the forum and members are a really big loss.

Ebtisweetsam
03-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Im a newbie, but i just want to say, sometimes you get emails to ur posts, and if you just delete them, then u dont get any mail from that particular forum or place, it makes you forget it.... unless u saved it under favourites.

Na7lah
03-26-2008, 01:45 AM

i remember in 06-07 i couldnt get off the computer. it was so cool back den but i still love LI. it's like it's become a part of me right now :)
alot of members have left adn that is sad but there are still other nice ones left
one member leaves adn three more register lol

Mikayeel
06-12-2008, 05:51 PM

Ye it seems that at any given time, not alot of people are online! A shame really:(

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 05:54 PM
^ yeh especially at ... the 'time' ... (a.k.a. 12:30AM in U.S)

This forum is dyin extra during the day too! why? Like before it used to be post one post, log off, come back in 5 minutes and its off the top 5 stats, now, its stays! even if u leave for HALF AN HOUR!

i fink dis forum is done...:(

Oh well. life is done ...close...anyway! :D

m102313
06-12-2008, 05:56 PM

Yeah, thats true the forum is not like how it used to be in 2006. Well i guess that's how it is on all forum's, people have to move on in life.

btw hate zAk, he hit the top posters list and made a runner :raging:

Mikayeel
06-12-2008, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker

Yeah, thats true the forum is not like how it used to be in 2006. Well i guess that's how it is on all forum's, people have to move on in life.

btw hate zAk, he hit the top posters list and made a runner :raging:

lol, well i can't recall these times. However i will try to tell alot of my friends to come and sign up, so we can relive that 2006 feeling ay! :D

Güven
06-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Dont worry It will be alive again inshallah Just Wait ,this is my goin easy mode(lOl with my 690 Posts in 3 months ) btw, and then Targeting First hit poster And dont worry I wont go nowhere Cause I have nowhere to go :D

Skillganon
06-12-2008, 06:32 PM
hmmm....I don'tvisit this forum as much as I use to. Infact I hardly post here now, but I do pop my head to see how it's doing and say "hi".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!