/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for..

'Abd al-Baari
02-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

I'm looking for a short story on the Prophet Ibrahim Alayhis Salaam aimed at young children, i've read a few different ones in books and some on the internet but they all seem to be either too long or too complicated unfortunately,

Any help would be greatly appreciated Insha'Allah, JazakAllah Khayr in advance!

:w: :peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 11:10 AM
bro why not try write one yourself? :)

it cant be too hard if its for little children right.

if you want i'll do one myself for you :)

Assalamu Alaikum

*Hana*
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Salam Alaikum:

You can try this link:

Prophet Ibrahim

Wasalam,
Hana

'Abd al-Baari
02-28-2008, 03:53 PM
:sl:

JazakAllah Khayr Akhee wa Ukht

I wanted to do the one from the website but it was too long and i'm limited to 1/2 - 2/3s of a page unfortunately,

akhee IbnAbdulHakim, if you don't mind writing it, it would be fab, only if you have the time though..i'm not much of a writer myself :(

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 03:54 PM
do you want it one page long bro? :)

'Abd al-Baari
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM

Its for a Newsletter/Mini-Magazine type thingy that i'm doin for our Madressah and i'm limited to half an A4 page, or about 2/3s

JazakAllah Khayr akhee!! Really really appreciated!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 04:07 PM
ok bro, you'll have it tomorrow morning inshaAllaah :) assalamu alaikum

'Abd al-Baari
02-28-2008, 04:15 PM

MashaAllah! JazakAllah Khayr akh!

*Hana*
02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Umayr

JazakAllah Khayr Akhee wa Ukht

I wanted to do the one from the website but it was too long and i'm limited to 1/2 - 2/3s of a page unfortunately,

akhee IbnAbdulHakim, if you don't mind writing it, it would be fab, only if you have the time though..i'm not much of a writer myself :(

Awwww sorry brother. Inshallah brother IbnAbdulHakim will help. :)

Wasalam,
Hana

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

bismillaah

Summary of the Beginning of Ibrahims life

There was a time when only three believers existed on Earth.
They were Ibrahim, soon to be the prophet of God,
Sarah who was the wife of Ibrahim and Lut the cousin of Ibrahim.
They grew up in a land where people worshipped the idols and the stars.
Aazar, the father of Ibrahim, also worshipped idols.
With time Ibrahim grew into a young man and realised that worshipping Idols is wrong.
He invited his father to worship Allah, the creator of all things, alone.
Upon hearing the invitation his father got angry and threatened his son, thinking that
Ibrahim plans evil against his Gods when Ibrahim only wanted to show his father the truth.
As time passed Ibrahim observed the stars, the sun, the moon and the likes with his people,
each time realising none is worthy of worship besides Allah.
Ibrahim then told his people to worship Allah alone but his people refused to leave the way
of their forefathers.
Ibrahim then planned to prove that the idols were false.
So when his people went for their yearly festival Ibrahim stayed behind.
He entered upon the place where the worshipping of the idols takes place and
destroyed every small idol and left an axe with the biggest Idol.
When the people returned from the festival they were angry and summoned Ibrahim for questioning.
They then asked him if he had destroyed the idols to which he told them to ask the big Idol
which still had an axe in its hands. The people knew the big one couldnt speak
and became so furious that they created a fire so huge that the likes had never been seen.
It was so huge a catapult was needed to hurl someone into it due to its heat.
The first man who attempted to create the catapult was Hizan and Allah caused the earth to swallow him up and he will continue being swallowed till the day of judgement.
They then took ibrahim far away and launched him from the catapult into the fire.
Ibrahim prayed to Allah and the fire had become coolness for him only burning at the chains
used to tie him up. This was a favour from Allah upon Ibrahim, his servant and messenger.

Bro this is just a rough draft, but it takes up a lot of space and its only the part of his life upto were he was exhiled. I havent done nimrod or the sacrifice of Ismail yet.

By the way its all been authentically taken from Ibn Katheer :), so it is correct.

Bro sorry for not doing the whole thing, but if you want i can still do nimrod and sacrifice of ismail tomorrow :)

Assalamu Alaikum

muslima1
02-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Mashallah akhee its great definitely something my sister would understand.
Do you mind if I use it? just to explain the story to the younger ones in my family.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-29-2008, 12:25 AM
i would be honored if you used it ukhtee muslima. I'll write more if it really is beneficial, Alhamdulillaah.

Assalamu Alaikum

i can guarantee its correct, its adapted from the works of Ibn Kathir, rahmatullahi alayh.

*Hana*
02-29-2008, 02:30 AM
Salam Alaikum:

Brother, you did such a great job, Mashallah!! I'm sure it will be perfect!

May Allah, swt, bless you abundantly for your efforts. Ameen

I wanted to rep you, but have to spread them around first. :hmm:

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

------
02-29-2008, 10:26 AM
:salamext:

Nice one bro IbnAbdulHakim :thumbs_up

'Abd al-Baari
02-29-2008, 04:40 PM

Masha'Allah thats awesome bro JazakAllah Khayr :thumbs_up :) Insha'Allah this will be published in our newsletter and benefit many people!

May Allah, swt, bless you abundantly for your efforts.
Ameen thumma ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!