/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [Discovery] The Deadly Huashan Hiking Trail

guyabano
02-28-2008, 02:45 PM
You are about to view pictures of what has to be the most dangerous Tourist Hiking Trail in the world. After you see the pictures, I have little doubt you will agree.

Click here to see all

Don't miss to see this one too:

The Bolivian Road of Death!

The North Yungas Road, also known as El Camino de la Muerte (Spanish for "Road of Death"), is a 43 mile road that leads from La Paz to Coroico, 35 miles (56 km) northeast of La Paz in the Yungas region of Bolivia.

Click here to see all

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Hana*
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Not a hope would I even attempt either one. The road of death?? Why, why, why would someone even think they MIGHT want to drive on that?!? :?

Crazy

Hana

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
whooah thanks!

i definitly want to check them out now :D

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Not a hope would I even attempt either one. The road of death?? Why, why, why would someone even think they MIGHT want to drive on that?!? :?

Crazy

Hana
yeah its true driving there might be dangerous, but im sure walking is fine inshaAllaah.

but you must admit, the scenery looks so beautiful! mashaAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Hana*
02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yeah its true driving there might be dangerous, but im sure walking is fine inshaAllaah.

but you must admit, the scenery looks so beautiful! mashaAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum
Yes, the scenery is breath-taking!! So beautiful, mashallah. So, I will admire it from all the pictures you crazy people take when you attempt it. :okay:

Hana

------
02-28-2008, 03:02 PM
:salamext:

You are just asking for trouble if u go there!!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
i definitly want to see the hiking trail, but the road doesnt look so fun.

its not that dangerous, look at all the safety rails and gear and stuff.

mashaAllah its very safe

ASsalamu Alaikum

*Hana*
02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
i definitly want to see the hiking trail, but the road doesnt look so fun.

its not that dangerous, look at all the safety rails and gear and stuff.

mashaAllah its very safe

ASsalamu Alaikum
Hmmm, the hiking trail might be ok, but I'm terrified of heights so unless I had a safety harness all the way, I don't know if I'd be brave enough to make it through all of it. lol Then again, if there were a large spider behind me, I'd be up the trail so fast I'd leave a trail of fire in my path. Just depends on which fear is greater. lol :okay:

Wasalam,
Hana

muslima1
02-28-2008, 03:10 PM
:sl:

mashallah the scenery is beautiful but it definitely looks dangerous to me

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Hmmm, the hiking trail might be ok, but I'm terrified of heights so unless I had a safety harness all the way, I don't know if I'd be brave enough to make it through all of it. lol Then again, if there were a large spider behind me, I'd be up the trail so fast I'd leave a trail of fire in my path. Just depends on which fear is greater. lol :okay:

Wasalam,
Hana
you sister, one thing ive noticed is stuff like fear of spiders is just due to the absence of them in the places we live in.

for example take that beautiful trail, once you stay in the cabin for a few days you wouldnt care if 20 spiders crawled all over you, and the trail might be veeery high but its safe, fear of heights only kicks in when theres no safety - ie when your in constant fear that you'll fall to your bloody death right?

ive been on a cliff like that before, even now when i think of the scenery my head goes woozy...

:|

Assalamu Alaikum

itsme
02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
simply fabulous. wish i can go there and try that some day insha allah.

*Hana*
02-28-2008, 05:44 PM
you sister, one thing ive noticed is stuff like fear of spiders is just due to the absence of them in the places we live in.
Assalamu Alaikum
Absence of them??? :uuh: No, no, no brother in spring and summer, they're everywhere here!! I'm absolutely terrified of them and June Bugs. That's why I don't mind winter so much. :muddlehea

I would take the heights over the spiders and/or June bugs any day, but wouldn't go out of my way to see either. lol

Wasalam,
Hana

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Absence of them??? :uuh: No, no, no brother in spring and summer, they're everywhere here!! I'm absolutely terrified of them and June Bugs. That's why I don't mind winter so much. :muddlehea
Hana
exactly sister but its only in spring, three seasons without them makes you feel the absence lol.

btw what happened to brother akulion? i do wonder where he went?

assalamu alaikum

*Hana*
02-28-2008, 11:01 PM
exactly sister but its only in spring, three seasons without them makes you feel the absence lol.

btw what happened to brother akulion? i do wonder where he went?

assalamu alaikum
Salam Alaikum:

Jazak Allah Khair for asking about Aku. He is doing very well, mashallah. He's just been extremely busy and now he is back working on our site which hadn't been updated for awhile.

I'm sure he'll pop in for a visit soon. :)

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

Muezzin
02-29-2008, 10:22 AM

Crazy

Hana
A friend of mine has been on it. He says it's the only way to get to the capital from the jungle - and because of the geographical location of some other cities and towns in the country, you must travel through the jungle and across that road to get to the city. But yeah, it's still insanely dangerous.

*Hana*
02-29-2008, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
A friend of mine has been on it. He says it's the only way to get to the capital from the jungle - and because of the geographical location of some other cities and towns in the country, you must travel through the jungle and across that road to get to the city. But yeah, it's still insanely dangerous.
Then, you know, I'm thinking....if it gets used that often maybe make it wider, add a guardrail or 2....something. :muddlehea

We have mountain roads here, and maybe not as high, but falling off will kill you just the same...you just have less time to think about it before you hit. :okay: BUT, they are 2 lanes! Some of the sections are so steep that you can literally smell your brakes burning and when you stop at the bottom, you can't even put your hand near the disk brake. The first time I went down this particular mountain I was riding a motorcycle and it was SCARY!!! I can't even begin to imagine a narrow, one lane, rock road, not wide enough for 2 vehicles.:uuh:

So, I guess they just made a pass down the mountain at some point and it became the roadway with large vehicles never intended to use it. And now, due to cost, etc., they can't make it safer??

I think I would have to remain in the jungle. lol

Wasalam,
Hana

Nájlá
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
all of these places are dangerous but i am a mad girl who likes to try anything so i dont mind trying to go on any of these places but if i go on the road one i would defenitly going to be scared.

guyabano
02-29-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't know, if somebody took the time to click also the 2 other links on this website, but they are also very interesting:

the precarious Guoliang Tunnel

The Russian Highway from Hell

Specially this pic is hillarous:

What is this woman doing with a sportscar in a muddy swampstreet and then also wearing highheels... oh boy

Peace

muslima1
02-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't know I would do if was in that position, maybe scream.

guyabano
02-29-2008, 02:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima1
I don't know I would do if was in that position, maybe scream.
yeah, that will certainly help, specially all other people are in the same situation, hahaha

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.