/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am alone?

seeker_of_ilm
02-28-2008, 03:00 PM
:sl:

It is reported from Nu’aym bin Hammaad:

‘Abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak used to often stay at home, so he was asked, “Don’t you get lonely?” He replied, “How could I get lonely when I am with the Prophet – Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him (i.e. I read his hadeeth)?”

Also on the authority of Nu’aym bin Hammaad:

It was once said to ‘Abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak, “O Abu ‘Abd Al-Rahmaan, you often sit alone at home.” He said, “I am alone? I am with the Prophet - Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him – and his Companions.” Meaning: reading hadeeth.

Ibn ‘Asaakir, Taareekh Dimashq 32/458.

Shaqeeq bin Ibraaheem reports:

It was once said to ‘Abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak, “After you have prayed with us you don’t sit with us?” He replied, “I go and sit with the Sahaabah and the Taabi’een.” We said, “And how can you sit with the Sahaabah and Taabi’een (when they have all passed away)?” He replied, “I go and read the knowledge I have collected, I find their narrations and deeds. What would I do with you? You sit around backbiting people.”

Adh-Dhahabee, Siyar A’laam Al-Nubalaa' in his biography of ‘Abdullah bin Al-Mubaarak.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
02-28-2008, 03:02 PM
:salamext:

Subhaan Allaah I like the last one Mashaa Allaah really nice...

IbnAbdulHakim
02-28-2008, 03:09 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah

if im always reading about the sahabi's, does that mean im with them?! :ooh:

it had to be asked !

Assalamu Alaikum

muslima1
02-28-2008, 03:13 PM
:sl:

Subhanallah! This really gave me something to think and reflect on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!