/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "...say words but do not do deeds"

seeker_of_ilm
02-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Imaam Abu Bakr Ahmad bin 'Alee Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdaadee (Rahimahullah) reports in his book 'Iqtidaa-ul-’Ilm al-’Amal' saying: Abul-Qaasim 'Abdul-'Azeez bin Muhammad bin Ja'far Al-'Attaar and Al-Hasan bin Abee Bakr bin Shaadhaan both narrated to us: 'Abdul-'Azeez Ad-Dubbee narrated to us, saying: Muslim bin Ibraaheem narrated to us: Sadaqah bin Moosaa and Al-Hasan bin Abee Ja'far both said: Maalik bin Deenar narrated to us from Thamaamah bin 'Abdillah that Anas bin Maalik (Radhi'allahu anhu) said: The Messenger of Allah said:

"On the night that I was ascended up to the heavens, I came upon a (group of) people whose lips were being cut off by pliers made from Fire. Every time their lips were severed, they would be brought back and formed again. So I said: 'O Jibreel, who are these people?' He said: 'They are speakers from your nation, who say words but do not do deeds, and who read the Book of Allah yet do not act (on it)."

Al-Albaanee comments on this hadeeth in his footnote saying: "It's chain of narration is sound (hasan). Al-Mundhiree attributed it to Ibn Abee Ad-Dunyaa, Ibn Hibbaan and Al-Bayhaqee."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslima1
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
:sl:

That is something we all should think about, we all read the quraan but how much of it do we actually practice?
I know hardly practice any of it. May Allah give us all the twafeeq to practice upon whatever we learn ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.