Khayal
02-28-2008, 06:03 PM
:sl:

From another forum...:embarrass

Enjoy!!!

Dubai in 1990 prior to the craziness

The same street in 2003

Last year

The madness. Dubai is said to currently have 15-25% of all the world's cranes.

The Dubai Waterfront. When completed it will become the largest waterfront development in the world.

All of this was built in the last 5 years, including that island that looks like a palm tree.

The Palm Islands in Dubai. New Dutch dredging technology was used to create these massive man made islands. They are the largest artificial islands in the world and can be seen from space. Three of these Palms will be made with the last one being the largest of them all.

Upon completion, the resort will have 2,000 villas, 40 luxury hotels, shopping centers, movie theaters, and many other facilities. It is expected to support a population of approximately 500,000 people. It is advertised as being visible from the moon.

The World Islands. 300 artificially created islands in the shape of the world. Each island will have an estimated cost of $25-30 million.

The Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai. The worlds tallest hotel. Considered the only '7 star' hotel and the most luxurious hotel in the world. It stands on an artificial island in the sea.

Hydropolis, the world's first underwater hotel. Entirely built in Germany and then assembled in Dubai, it is scheduled to be completed by 2009 after many delays.

The Burj Dubai. Construction began in 2005 and is expected to be complete by 2008. At an estimated height of over 800 meters, it will easily be world's tallest building when finished. It will be almost 40% taller than the the current tallest building, the Taipei 101.

This is what downtown Dubai will look like around 2008-2009. More than 140 stories of the Burj Dubai have already been completed. It is already the worlds tallest man made structure and it is still not scheduled to be completed for at least another year.

The Al Burj. This will be the centerpiece of the Dubai Waterfront. Once completed it will take over the title of the tallest structure in the world from the Burj Dubai.

Recently it was announced that the final height of this tower will be 1200 meters. That would make it more than 30% taller than the Burj Dubai and three times as tall as the Empire State Building.
This is a city on crack.

The Burj al Alam, or The World Tower. Upon completion it will rank as the world's highest hotel. It is expected to be finished by 2009. At 480 meters it will only be 28 meters shorter than the Taipei 101.

The Trump International Hotel & Tower, which will be the centerpiece of one of the palm islands, The Palm Jumeirah.

Dubailand. Currently, the largest amusement park collection in the world is Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, which is also the largest single-site employer in the United states with 58,000 employees. Dubailand will be twice the size.

Dubailand will be built on 3 billion square feet (107 miles^2) at an estimated $20 billion price tag. The site will include a purported 45 mega projects and 200 hundred other smaller projects.

Dubai Sports City. A huge collection of sports arenas located in Dubailand.

Currently, the Walt Disney World Resort is the #1 tourist destination in the world. Once fully completed, Dubailand will easily take over that title since it is expected to attract 200,000 visitors daily.

The Dubai Marina is an entirely man made development that will contain over 200 highrise buildings when finished. It will be home to some of the tallest residential structures in the world. The completed first phase of the project is shown. Most of the other high rise buildings will be finished by 2009-2010.

The Dubai Mall will be the largest shopping mall in the world with over 9 million square feet of shopping and around 1000 stores. It will be completed in 2008.

Ski Dubai, which is already open, is the largest indoor skiing facility in the world. This is a rendered image of another future indoor skiing facility that is being planned.

Some of the tallest buildings in the world, such as Ocean Heights and The Princess Tower, which will be the largest residential building in the world at over a 100 stories, will line the Dubai Marina.

The UAE Spaceport would be the first spaceport in the world if construction ever gets under way. I'm not joking...

Some other other crazy .....
- The Dubai Metro system, once completed, will become the largest fully automated rail system in the world.
- The Dubai World Central International Airport will become the largest airport in size when it is completed. It will also eventually become the busiest airport in the world, based on passenger volume.
- There are more construction workers in Dubai than there are actual citizens.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
02-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Wa alekum alsalaam!

What oil can do to a country pffff mashAllah!:)

MaiCarInMtl
02-28-2008, 06:28 PM
And meanwhile countless people starve to death every day. At least the money that could've saved them went to a much better cause, right?! *sarcastic*

Souljette
02-28-2008, 06:37 PM
B.S.....i keep hatin it..wht are they doin to this country..they jst wanna b the best in evrtyhng..i live in Dubai..their killin the ppl who live here..and mannn cranes everywhere...whtever happened to natural beauty..i mean everywhere buildings nd buildings..it feels so tight..Burj dubai's almst done..Ski dubai is already dere dint go dere..like all tht money culd go sumwhere else bt where are they givin it..to dese buildings ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*~Sofia~*
02-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Salams,

I hate to say it but it all looks soo beautiful!! But like the sister above just said.. the money could save millions of lives and now that would be money well spent! If only eh..

W'salam

crayon
02-28-2008, 06:50 PM
"the highest", "the tallest", "the first".... that's all they care about. Making records. With, as MaiCar said, people all over the world starving. Allah is testing them with this wealth, seeing what they will do with it. I don't think they're passing the test so far.

" Barefooted shepherds will compete in owning tall buildings "
Judgement day is coming closer...

Khayal
02-28-2008, 06:55 PM

I agree with everybody...imsad

*Maysun
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
B.S.....i keep hatin it..wht are they doin to this country..they jst wanna b the best in evrtyhng..i live in Dubai..their killin the ppl who live here..and mannn cranes everywhere...whtever happened to natural beauty..i mean everywhere buildings nd buildings..it feels so tight..Burj dubai's almst done..Ski dubai is already dere dint go dere..like all tht money culd go sumwhere else bt where are they givin it..to dese buildings ...
true!

The_Prince
02-28-2008, 07:28 PM
i dont see why everyone has to be so negative? im not from UAE but i grew up there and you know yes UAE is corrupt and has lots of bad things, i know this my own experiances etc etc.

but now forgetting that, what dubai is doing in terms of building the tallest buildings, man made islands etc etc, there is nothing wrong with this, why everyone has to be so negative on it? its like dubai is in a lose-lose situation no matter what.

when they move forward doing all these amazing projects you have westerners nagging because of their racism they have deep in them, yet if dubai does nothing and instead wants to live in tents these same westerners will be saying look at Muslims! they never want to move forward! dubai is now moving forward in huge ways and their still not happy!

now many Muslims are also complaining about dubai, yes they can give so much money to poor etc etc, well last i checked THEY ARE DOING THAT, i suggest most of you go learn how much charity the UAE has given, how much more you want them to give? you want them to keep giving until their bankrupt themselves? if you wont do that why the HE** do you expect dubai or the UAE to do this?

the fact is this, western attacks of dubai stem from racism, muslim attacks on dubai stem from jelousy, plane and simple, and i repeat im not from UAE or dubai.

bla bla bla dubai mistreats their workers, name me one country that doesnt? bla bla bla dubai has corruption, name me one country that doesnt?

Heera Singh
02-28-2008, 07:36 PM
i don't think anybody is speaking against 'advancement'... but having a place which is in a very comfortable position such as dubai, a country which is EXCEEDINGLY wealthy, people are commenting that the money could be used better to help the poor and the needy... i also agree..

i'm not sayin that it doesn't all look amazing.. because it does... but... is there really a need for all this? the place can be beautiful without spending as much, and also have some of the funds going towards helping those that don't have a means..

there should be balance..

crayon
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't hate the UAE, I lived there (in abu dhabi) for 4 years and I loved it. I'm probably moving to Dubai/Sharjah in a year or so, and I can't wait. It's just all the money spent just to boast about their breaking world records that I find utterly stupid.

The_Prince
02-28-2008, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I don't hate the UAE, I lived there (in abu dhabi) for 4 years and I loved it. I'm probably moving to Dubai/Sharjah in a year or so, and I can't wait. It's just all the money spent just to boast about their breaking world records that I find utterly stupid.
yes, but the reason they boast alot is because they want to show the world that muslims are moving forward, they want to make UAE number one, so that a muslim country will be number one. this is all due to western racism and hate on the Muslim world that pushes dubai to do all this to make sure they have all the best records etc etc.

crayon
02-28-2008, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
yes, but the reason they boast alot is because they want to show the world that muslims are moving forward, they want to make UAE number one, so that a muslim country will be number one. this is all due to western racism and hate on the Muslim world that pushes dubai to do all this to make sure they have all the best records etc etc.
Why do you always feel the need to blame the west for everything? Dubai builds buildings and boasts about them because it wants to be the "best". Not because it wants a muslim country to be number one, and certainly not because there's "western racism and hate". What on earth does that even have to do with anything?

The_Prince
02-28-2008, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Why do you always feel the need to blame the west for everything? Dubai builds buildings and boasts about them because it wants to be the "best". Not because it wants a muslim country to be number one, and certainly not because there's "western racism and hate". What on earth does that even have to do with anything?
well because i know ppl who happen to be involved in these mega projects, and even the ruler of dubai said it himself.

and why i blame the west for everything? because they are responsible for every single bad thing in the mid-east, paranoia? nop, i have the proof to back it up. EVERY SINGLE BAD THING that happened in the mid-east in the last 150 years is thanks to the lovely west. and i repeat, EVERY SINGLE BAD THING is because of them, EVERYTHING.

you name it and you will find the western hand behind it.

but i repeat again, dubai is going for number one for Muslim and Arab pride, and i support them all the way, as sheikh Mohammad said, if new york can have it, why cant we?

Danah
02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
I dont know how far they still can go !!

Aaliyah~
02-28-2008, 08:57 PM
wow!!!
Dubais is definately going places and i agree with the Prince why can't they make the best of everything?

they may or may not be doing it to promote an Islamic state to the west, but promote it does.
i can only think of Dubai (or more broadly the UA)E who the western media do not accuse of something or other because its a pre-dominantly Muslim.
i went there last year and it really is beautiful.
only thing that bugs id the heat!
maybe they can built an artificial climate control thing...!:P

muslima1
02-28-2008, 09:44 PM
I agree it is beautiful but if Allah has given you wealth why use it stuff like this these buildings won't last forever so why not use the money on something that will benefit you aswell as others who are in need of it. So mich money has gone into the making of these buildings imagine if it was to go to the needi instead how better off they would and how much reward the person would get for giving it to them. It will help people in this world and also help the person who gave the wealth the hereafter.

All this competing of tallest buildings is a sign of qiyamah so a muslim country really be taking part in it, it shows how close judgement day is.

Dr.Trax
02-28-2008, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima1
I agree it is beautiful but if Allah has given you wealth why use it stuff like this these buildings won't last forever so why not use the money on something that will benefit you aswell as others who are in need of it. So mich money has gone into the making of these buildings imagine if it was to go to the needi instead how better off they would and how much reward the person would get for giving it to them. It will help people in this world and also help the person who gave the wealth the hereafter.

All this competing of tallest buildings is a sign of qiyamah so a muslim country really be taking part in it, it shows how close judgement day is.

I agree with you!

What are they thinking?They think that those "number one" things that have been build will last forever?One day the westerners will have much better things than Dubai,and..???
And when the oil one day is gone, what will they do?
They will wait for their money from tourism!??? I think NO!
After a few decades it will have no tourism!
And Dubai one day will be an old city that was once before.
The best thing is to build a lots of manufactories,that will produce something valuable,machineries,cars and...............!
Then all people can get works,and everyone will have money.....there will be no poor people!!!

It is ok to build buildings but not so much!!!

Let the world see that Muslims are not just capable for building tourism,but also the ummah that our prophet(SAW) wanted to be!!!

And why you are using this word: EVOLUTION for the topic?This is not evolution!

wasalam!:smile:

The_Prince
02-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Abu Dhabi: President His Highness Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan has ordered the transfer of $50 million to the Palestinian national budget, as pledged by the UAE during the International Donors Conference, held in Paris in December.

Shaikh Khalifa also directed the authorities to allocate $250 million to finance several projects in the Palestinian territories.

http://gulfnews.com/nation/Government/10193689.html

ABWAN
02-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Looking at the pictures, it makes me wonder, how many times do we need to hear about cities like A'd and Thamud before we realize the magnitude of what eventually happened to them (and what would happen to us if we follow the same)!!!

And to see this happen in a muslim land where they recite the same Quran, all I can say is SubhanAllah.

well because i know ppl who happen to be involved in these mega projects, and even the ruler of dubai said it himself.

and why i blame the west for everything? because they are responsible for every single bad thing in the mid-east, paranoia? nop, i have the proof to back it up. EVERY SINGLE BAD THING that happened in the mid-east in the last 150 years is thanks to the lovely west. and i repeat, EVERY SINGLE BAD THING is because of them, EVERYTHING.

you name it and you will find the western hand behind it.

but i repeat again, dubai is going for number one for Muslim and Arab pride, and i support them all the way, as sheikh Mohammad said, if new york can have it, why cant we?
Sorry to burst the bubble, but I dont think the "west" could have done anything without the permission of the wealthy arabs living there. By all means its the sheikhs who are pouring in the money and inviting the westerners to their lands!

And I would disagree with your comment that they are trying to show the muslim pride. How on earth can they use the western technology and expertise and boast of it? While the muslims in the middle east arent even getting enough education, whats the point of boasting about muslim pride? I dont see the point of having a trump building in the middle of a muslim land and call it "muslim pride".

If they indeed wanted to show off muslim advancements, why on earth are they inviting haraam things like alcohol in their lands? Shouldnt *everything* be islamic and halal? Why would they want Beckam to buy a house there, when they could very well invite the suffering muslims from other parts of the world?

Bottom line is UAE (and its rulers) know that they will run out of oil wealth in a matter of 15 years. Once that is gone, UAE is worth nothing. Thats the reason they are building a tourist industry. If that is islamic and something to be proud about for muslims, then I rest my case.

Malaikah
02-29-2008, 03:26 AM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the main reason why Dubia is doing this - they are planning for their future, they can't live on oil money forever, so they by building up their nation they are hoping they will be able to make money via tourism.

At least thats what I always thought...

Edit - oh, ABWAN did mention it. My mistake!

Umu 'Isa
02-29-2008, 04:49 AM
:salamext:
Jazaki Allaah khayr for sharing sis..

I didn't read all the replies so I don't know if anyone mentioned this already but....Those pics remind me of one of the signs of yawm al-qiyamah

"The Hour will not be established—till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings." [Bukhari 9, 88/237]

snakelegs
02-29-2008, 04:51 AM
it's probably a smart move on their part but to me it looks like a nightmare!
(i like natural beauty and quiet)

ranma1/2
02-29-2008, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
And meanwhile countless people starve to death every day. At least the money that could've saved them went to a much better cause, right?! *sarcastic*
i agree, so sell you pc and give the cash to the poor.

Khayal
02-29-2008, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
it's probably a smart move on their part but to me it looks like a nightmare!
(i like natural beauty and quiet)

Same here! :)

guyabano
02-29-2008, 06:37 AM
I don't know, why even the simplest thread about the beauty of architecture must end up again in bashing east-west ? I just admire the skyline and I have no jealousy upon seeing that. Me, I just even think 'poor souls'. They are just after materialism in this case, and 5 threads ago, everybody bash on them because they are no more islamic enough.
Anyway, it is not the West you must fear but the East. China will become in less than 20 years the most powerful country in the world in economics and also architecture. Nobody speaks about Dubai. It's just in TV I see about it sometimes, but 90% of the population don't even know, where Dubai is.

Peace

crayon
02-29-2008, 09:57 AM
"Do you build useless monuments on every mountain (26:128) and raise strong mansions as if you were to live forever? (26:129)"

------
02-29-2008, 10:37 AM
:salamext:

How stupid man @ first post. Why building palaces on a journey?! Uffffff. :-\

ansar.tajudeen
02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
walaikum salaam wa rahamathullahi wa barakathuhu

after all these ...v can look and say alhamdulilah for these wonderfull structures.........:statisfie

But surely one day all these will get destroyed thats (JUDGEMENT DAY)...
so useless creation from man .....since man can create useless creatures like these ..:)
only ALLAH can create WHOLE things Rabbul al'amin..

so increase our quality of our imaan (thats the only thing will help us in the here after)instead increasing the quality of living in this world will not suite well for Here After(Akhira) there(jannath) is the permanent life waiting infront of us so who ever will go into it will be guided by allah to attain right path (inshallah)...

MAY ALLAH GUIDE US THE RIGHT PATH!

AMEEN!!!

Jazak allah hairun

The_Prince
02-29-2008, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
Looking at the pictures, it makes me wonder, how many times do we need to hear about cities like A'd and Thamud before we realize the magnitude of what eventually happened to them (and what would happen to us if we follow the same)!!!

And to see this happen in a muslim land where they recite the same Quran, all I can say is SubhanAllah.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I dont think the "west" could have done anything without the permission of the wealthy arabs living there. By all means its the sheikhs who are pouring in the money and inviting the westerners to their lands!

And I would disagree with your comment that they are trying to show the muslim pride. How on earth can they use the western technology and expertise and boast of it? While the muslims in the middle east arent even getting enough education, whats the point of boasting about muslim pride? I dont see the point of having a trump building in the middle of a muslim land and call it "muslim pride".

If they indeed wanted to show off muslim advancements, why on earth are they inviting haraam things like alcohol in their lands? Shouldnt *everything* be islamic and halal? Why would they want Beckam to buy a house there, when they could very well invite the suffering muslims from other parts of the world?

Bottom line is UAE (and its rulers) know that they will run out of oil wealth in a matter of 15 years. Once that is gone, UAE is worth nothing. Thats the reason they are building a tourist industry. If that is islamic and something to be proud about for muslims, then I rest my case.
actually once the oil runs out dubai will still be dubai, they have moved on away from oil, and all of this is making them get away from oil, but then you have people as yourself nagging about it, whyyyyyyyyyyy dubai makes this! so no, i hate to burst your bubble, once the oil runs out, dubai will not become nothing. they are very smart.

and you bring up some of the bad things, did i ever deny them??? i repeat yes dubai has bad things, but more good things than bad, i never said they are perfect so you bringing up corrupt practices in dubai is only a straw man.

secondly, whats wrong in using western technolagy and then boasting on it? is it haram to use it? want in this blue world are you on about? its not UN ISLAMIC to get help from others and use what they have for your own benefit, the Muslims in the golden age did that!

and last i checked construction is not "western" technolagy. and secondly for construction the MAIN BASICS of construction which you need is GEOMETRY, and ALGEBRA, and hmmmm who made the huge advancements in these 2 fields? THE MUSLIMS, and thanks to our advancements in these 2 fields it helped the west and they used it to make several great things.

so either way even if dubai uses western technolagy, theres nothing bad there, funny how you talking about Islamic when your comments are not Islamic at all, which PROVES what i say, you could care less about dubai being Islamic or not, your just jelous plain and simple.

as for education in the mid-east, who ever made dubai the main helpers of Islam?????? who made them responsible for all the Muslims? i want to know, can you plz show me???? this isnt a caliph, so for you to expect dubai to be helping the whole Muslim world in huge amounts that it makes us all rich a and stable is another straw man, and completly out of reality and based on lala land.

having said that, dubai STILL gives hundreds of millions of dollars for poor and needy Muslims, the amount reaches into the billions with the amount of charity and help they have given. but how much more you want them to give? you want them to keep giving until they themselves have nothing?????????? if so why dont you go and do that.

infact some of you show your not too smart at all, you go on about how dubai has so much money and should give it instead of building these great works in their country, yet if dubai did that they would end up in 15 years HAVING NO MONEY, AND WOULD BECOME POOR THEMSELVES, and on top of this this would also then mean dubai would have no money to give to the poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so if dubai actually went ahead with your plans, in 15 years time the issue of poor and needy Muslims would get worst! so nice oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee REALLY!

what dubai is doing will make sure the Muslims in that area will continue to be stable, and that the country will continue to generate huge amounts of money, which in turn will keep allowing the UAE to help poor and needy Muslims around the world, while also looking after the people in its own country. THATS A VERY VERY VERY SMART IDEA, your ideas would just bankrupt everyone.

but no no im sorry we should follow your 'islamic' way, yes yes, dubai give all your money to the poor, stop all your projects, so in 15 years when you have no oil youll be worthless as abwan said, so dubai and uae you yourselves will become very poor and WORTHLESS as abwan said, and in turn this will mean uae will no longer have money to even give to the poor and needy Muslims around the world, hence causing a double problem. yes yes this is the way i want to go, yes this is the ISLAMIC way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the islamicccccccc way just making us bankrupt and more poor! brilliant! (i hope you see my sarcasm)

thank you.

crayon
02-29-2008, 11:17 AM
"Dubai has grown at a rapid pace....but at what cost? Human rights groups point to Dubai's exploitation of workers who suffer from fatal accidents and low salaries. But now the Wall Street Journal has pointed the finger at Dubai's financial stability. Here's the growth.

The Wall Street Journal reports that international "financial analysts are starting to wonder about the amount of debt the city-state is racking up." The article paints a picture of a city with dwindling oil revenues but a limitless appetite for growth. It places Dubai's debt, relative to gross domestic product, at about 42%. That's pretty high compared to Abu Dhabi's debt of 2.9% of GDP. More from WSJ.
Duabi's debt load is four times the average among other Persian Gulf states. Credit-rating companies are asking for more information to determine how sound the government really is.

In the end, if Dubai gets into financial trouble it would take its neighbours with it. Or perhaps they're counting on a regional bailout."

source

crayon
02-29-2008, 11:18 AM
edit- double post, sorry.

guyabano
02-29-2008, 11:28 AM
once the oil runs out, dubai will not become nothing. they are very smart.
agree on this one. After the oil, it will be the tourism paradise for rich saudis, chinese, russians and westerners

secondly, whats wrong in using western technolagy and then boasting on it? is it haram to use it? want in this blue world are you on about? its not UN ISLAMIC to get help from others and use what they have for your own benefit, the Muslims in the golden age did that!
And I always thought, muslims love to ban/boykott kuffar stuff?

and last i checked construction is not "western" technolagy.

oh boy, nearby everything is german/US technology. The Glass for all the windows mostly made by Pilkington. Steel from MITTAL/ARCELOR even China, water pumps from SIEMENS, etc.. (list is long) Workers are mostly poor filipinos who are able to cope the heat.
Most of the managers in those hotels are Germans. The Arabs love german precision work and these people are never too late on their job.

That is also why, most drive there german luxury cars

and secondly for construction the MAIN BASICS of construction which you need is GEOMETRY, and ALGEBRA, and hmmmm who made the huge advancements in these 2 fields?
Partly agree. But, ermm, Geometrics? Egyptians build already Pyramids 5000 years ago based upon Pytagoras.
Advancements in these fields? What advancements? I agree, Algerbra has origins there, but what would be advancements? Give some examples of muslim hightec from nowsadays , please, so I can widen my horizon

Peace

waji
02-29-2008, 12:43 PM

I have lived in Abu Dhabi and seen Dubai, Sharjah, Fujirah and Alain
Allah has given Sheikh Muhammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum alot of money so Allah will asked
about it on the Day of judgment
but it's not about only Dubai that is investing money in construction
Sheikh Zayed Mosque Abu Dhabi
Emirates Palace Hotel Abu Dhabi

[Sahih Muslim : Book 42 "Kitab Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqa'iq", Number 7064]

Anas b. Malik (Radi Allah Anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (sal-allahu- alleihi-wasallam ) as saying:
"Three things follow the bier of a dead man. two of them come back and one is left with him: the members of his family. wealth and his-good deeds. The members of his family and wealth come back and the deeds alone are left with him."

Souljette
02-29-2008, 02:56 PM
agree with ppl who say that indeed Day of Judgement is coming... and yes Dubai is doing everything so that they can be a tourist attraction ...but everytime i drive by ...the sign of Judgement Day always pops up in my head..and it freaks me out...seeing all these buildings just get to me..and trst me..if you live in Dubai ..you gnna strt hatin it..bcuz of the traffic..you can like read a book in that time..ppl don't even want to come out bcuz of the traffic they hv to face...it's everywhere..jams all over the place..and once ur stuck in traffic no goin bak for hourss...i was born in U.A.E and lived here before..i loved it before..then i left..came bak couple months ago and now..just hate what their doing with all the buildings and all..i like dubai as in listenin to the Adhan which is different frm the west but so much stress as to how high everything is here...they reallyyy want to kick out people i think...and if you were from Dubai bro Prince..you wouldn't like what's Dubai's doin either bcuz local ppl here feel all the money that they own is going to all these buildings.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-25-2008, 08:43 AM
what happened to the beautiful desert...
why on earth would you build builings that high :uuh: and why would you be crazy enough to go in them. i mean right at the top...

Souljette
03-25-2008, 04:27 PM
lol hahaha sis funny ^^^..i dnt knw they like the top view i guess

Danah
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I guess they are in a developing race with the other countries and everyone wanna proof that he is the best

Lateef
03-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Anyone know what the cost of living and how easy it is to get a job in Dubai? I am thinking of relocating there

johan
03-28-2008, 07:48 AM
as for education in the mid-east, who ever made dubai the main helpers of Islam?????? who made them responsible for all the Muslims? i want to know, can you plz show me???? this isnt a caliph, so for you to expect dubai to be helping the whole Muslim world in huge amounts that it makes us all rich a and stable is another straw man, and completly out of reality and based on lala land.
Bismillihairrahmanirri7imi,

This life is about choice, and as far as i can infer and interpret from the sunnah and sunan (past history), it seems that the history is repeating itself.

The stance that the UAE have taken is so similar to the stance the quraishi leaders have taken.

When Rasulullah offered the Quraishi to take out the byzantine empire or the like, they laughed it off. At that time Rasulullah hadn't even moved to Medina to have his own "Nation" to back his words.
Had they took the rasul's words seriously, they would've probably "enjoyed" the ruling of the byzantine empire.

The same thing is reoccurring to UAE's case, had the UAE used the resources to unite the ummah, rather than capitalizing on something so fragile and unclear they would probably be leading the ummah by now.

I hope the fate of Iram wouldn't happen again to UAE.
89:7 [the people of] Iram the many-pillared,

Wallahua3lam
regards,
Johan

Souljette
03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
To bro Lateef..o no..if u hv a high time profession then maybe u can live in Dubai...bt if not dream on bro lol bt i think u do tht's why your askin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.