PDA

View Full Version : Sikh ''Extremists'' Linked With Al-Qaeda. [BBC Radio 4]



AvarAllahNoor
02-29-2008, 05:14 PM
BRITAIN has been warned of a new terror threat from Sikh extremists linked with al-Qaeda.

Experts in the US and India have told authorities they are watching a handful of British-based Sikhs who they say have trained at terror camps in Pakistan which have connections to Islamic extremists.

They tell tonight’s File on Four on Radio Four that they fear the radicals may be planning terrorist acts in their fight for an independent Sikh homeland.

BBC Radio 4 is a UK national radio station.

BBC Radio 4

Sikh extremism: Tuesday 26 February 2008, 2000 GMT, repeated Sunday 2 March 2008, 1700 GMT.

With attention focussed on Islamist extremism, Armadeep Bassey asks whether the authorities are doing enough to counter the activities of UK-based Sikh groups supporting the violent campaign for an independent homeland in the Punjab. Producer: David Lewis. Editor: David Ross
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme..._4/default.stm
Reply

aamirsaab
02-29-2008, 06:07 PM
:sl:
Perhaps people will now understand the political reasons carry more weight than religious reasons, especially since in this case the alleged extremists seek an independant homeland (Khalistan).
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
02-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:
Perhaps people will now understand the political reasons carry more weight than religious reasons, especially since in this case the alleged extremists seek an independant homeland (Khalistan).
Yes Sikhs campaign for a homeland. But we'd never kill innocent people. It's against our ethics. No Sikh group however radical would ever justify it.

This is another ploy by indian government to pollute the Sikh name once again. Sikhs are trying to ban RSS a terrorist hindu group who preach and gather in the uk. This smear attempt is instigating by them. It'll make no difference.

IRA - Nelson Mandela - Gerry Adams - They all were terrorists,, now they are respected leaders worldwde.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Heera Singh
02-29-2008, 06:55 PM
hahaha this has got to be among the biggest sack of c**p i've heard in a while... INDIA out of all places talkin about terrorism? maybe the world shud ask why International Human Rights rates India as one of the most worst countries in regards to human rights... why amnesty international has several article written against india indicating rape, torture, fake encounters, and merciless killings...

the main reason for this story is that the independant movement in india is now getting stronger... and you'd all be surprised, its not only Sikhs that want independance... there's probably close to between half a dozen and a dozen independant movements in India right now...

India is nothing but a democratic version of Iraq (back when they murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent kurds)... but, India and their bed-buddies (the USA and England) try to keep that quiet... because India's the "worlds biggest democracy"... HA!
Reply

Muezzin
02-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Great, another reason for insane xenophobes to bear ill will towards anybody with more pigmentation than a ball of cotton wool.

Originally Posted by Heera Singh
hahaha this has got to be among the biggest sack of c**p i've heard in a while... INDIA out of all places talkin about terrorism? maybe the world shud ask why International Human Rights rates India as one of the most worst countries in regards to human rights... why amnesty international has several article written against india indicating rape, torture, fake encounters, and merciless killings...
Not to mention the call centres.
Reply

snakelegs
02-29-2008, 10:29 PM
well, OBL does have himself a mighty fine beard, and he do indeed wear a turban.... ah, yes - sure, it's clear as mud. i wonder if his pal GWB knows?
Reply

Fishman
02-29-2008, 10:35 PM
:sl:
But Sikh extremists (not regular sikhs) don't like Muslims either, what with Aurangzeb and all that. Why would they side with Al-Qaeda?
:w:
Reply

Cabdullahi
02-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Yes Sikhs campaign for a homeland. But we'd never kill innocent people. It's against our ethics. No Sikh group however radical would ever justify it.

This is another ploy by indian government to pollute the Sikh name once again. Sikhs are trying to ban RSS a terrorist hindu group who preach and gather in the uk. This smear attempt is instigating by them. It'll make no difference.

IRA - Nelson Mandela - Gerry Adams - They all were terrorists,, now they are respected leaders worldwde.
This is what muslims have been suffering nowadays.terrorism by what they call "extreme muslims" is only carried out by out of anger because of what is happening in palestine,iraq,chechnya and afghanistan.The american and british goverment do not understand that to end all of this grieve is just simply to leave the countries they occupy and i swear that there will be peace on earth. but who wants peace when theres oil and money to be made:-\
Reply

Heera Singh
02-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
But Sikh extremists (not regular sikhs) don't like Muslims either, what with Aurangzeb and all that. Why would they side with Al-Qaeda?
:w:
they wouldn't, and they aren't... i's all a bunch of made up nonsense...
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
But Sikh extremists (not regular sikhs) don't like Muslims either, what with Aurangzeb and all that. Why would they side with Al-Qaeda?
:w:
Not the whole truth. After Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maahraaj was martyred. His Son the Tenth Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maahraaj still had affiliations with Muslims. It's not like a few 'muslims' killed Guru Ji, that all Muslims were labled the same.

Sikh 'Extremists' have ties with Pakistani freedom fighter groups. This does not make any of them terrorists. India government begin to have kittens because Sikhs have to go to Pakistan for pilgrimage to the birth place of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Mahaaraj. They wonder what Sikhs and Muslims have conspired against the state lol -

Anways. Sikhs & Muslims can fathom, because they are the two worst groups that are persecuted by indian government. So they are collaborating (not saying with Al - Queeda)
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
03-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
This is what muslims have been suffering nowadays.terrorism by what they call "extreme muslims" is only carried out by out of anger because of what is happening in palestine,iraq,chechnya and afghanistan.The american and british goverment do not understand that to end all of this grieve is just simply to leave the countries they occupy and i swear that there will be peace on earth. but who wants peace when theres oil and money to be made:-\
Oh I know that. But the only thing I would object to is the killing of innocent people. These suicide bombers kill anybody. That should not be allowed to happen.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 10:14 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM
  3. Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 07:09 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 03:40 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!