/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Snoring 'linked to heart disease'

FatimaAsSideqah
03-01-2008, 11:37 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

New research suggests there is a strong link between loud snoring and both heart disease and strokes.

Hungarian scientists did interviews with more than 12,000 patients.

They concluded that heavy snorers were significantly more likely to have a heart attack or stroke compared to the rest of the population.

This new data, published in the Journal Sleep, adds weight to existing theories about the link between snoring and cardiovascular disease.

We all snore at some stage in our lives. And while it is more common in people who are overweight it is estimated that about 40% of adult males and 24% of adult females are habitual snorers.

For several years now, scientists have been aware of a relationship between snoring and cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes.

But this new study from Hungary adds more weight to the idea.

Increased risk

More than 12,000 people were interviewed in their homes and questioned about snoring.

Compared to the rest of the population, loud snorers had a 34% increased risk of having a heart attack, and a 67% greater chance of suffering a stroke.

The researchers say that loud snoring with breathing pauses could be used to help identify people at risk from these diseases.

The data highlighted the fact that people who snore quietly had no increase in their risk of cardiovascular illness.

Some good news though - for men, it seems the tendency to snore declines once they get past the age of 70.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7272651.stm

I didn't know that! :?

Did anyone who have problem with snoring??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
03-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Wa alekum alsalaaaaaam wa rahmat allah wabarakatahu!:)

This is new to me!, Hamdulilah I dnt snore, well i might do but i cnt hear it at night and no one is complaining:)

FatimaAsSideqah
03-01-2008, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
Wa alekum alsalaaaaaam wa rahmat allah wabarakatahu!:)

This is new to me!, Hamdulilah I dnt snore, well i might do but i cnt hear it at night and no one is complaining:)
:) I don't snore as well Alhumdulillah. But I think I does snore bit quietly! :X

Science101
03-02-2008, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
:) I don't snore as well Alhumdulillah. But I think I does snore bit quietly! :X
Same here, not much anyway. Still ticking OK. I heard that writing reduces stress, so maybe all here are at least helping ourselves by being connected like this. Good for the heart, and the mind.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
03-02-2008, 12:01 PM
:sl:

Wow, very interesting mashaAllah!

Some good news though - for men, it seems the tendency to snore declines once they get past the age of 70.
lol, that's just so ^o):hiding:

piXie
03-02-2008, 12:30 PM
:sl:

But snoring is the cause of over eating and not having the correct diet

n that is linked to all sorts of diseases, not just heart disease :confused:

Cabdullahi
03-02-2008, 12:32 PM
My snoring sounds like gunshots,nah i dont snore alhamdulilah

Uthman
03-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Somehow I don't think that this is anything to worry about. :)

I certainly won't be losing any sleep over it.

See what I did there? ^^

:D

FatimaAsSideqah
03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Science101
Same here, not much anyway. Still ticking OK. I heard that writing reduces stress, so maybe all here are at least helping ourselves by being connected like this. Good for the heart, and the mind.
Masha'Allah! Jazaak'Allah Khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.