The following conditions of admission are taken from the application:
1) An applicant must be a holder of the general certificate of secondary education (high school) or its equivalent from any of the kingdoms schools or from abroad. (A G.E.D is also accepted)
2) Not more than 5 years should have passed since the applicant obtained the general certificate of secondary education or its equivalent
3) An applicant should have permission from his employer in case he is working with the government or in the private sector. (this is not generally requested from the applicant, in the case that it is a memo indicating your notice of terminating employment from your employer should be sufficient)
4) An applicant should not have been dismissed from another university on disciplinary or educational grounds.
5) An applicant should not exceed the age of 25
6) An applicant seeking admission to the college of Qur’an should have memorized the entire Qur’an.
Along with these conditions, an applicant must present the following documents with his application:
a) A copy of high school diploma
b) High school transcript for the senior year.
c) A certificate bearing witness to the good character and religious practice of the applicant from a reliable source. ( Known as a tazkiyyah, you may acquire one from the Imam of your local mosque or from most reputable callers to Islam (du’aat) insha Allah)
d) A birth certificate
e) A medical report, more information on this report is listed at the Saudi embassies web page (a physical check up at the doctors)
f) Six passport size photos (4×6)
g) A letter of introduction from an Islamic institution in the applicant’s country of residence or from two persons well known to the Islamic university (this is the same as number three so if you are able to acquire two tazkiyas from imams from the masjids in your area or from a da’ee it will suffice insha Allah).
The period in which to apply is between October 23 till January 20 (however they usually allow people to apply as soon as school starts if you come in person) and the address for those who are not able to make umrah or come to the University for an interview is:
Deanship of Admission and Registration
The Islamic University, P.O Box 170
Madinah Munawwarah, Saudi Arabia