/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Terms agreed for new £4m mosque

Uthman
03-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Muslim leaders and a Berkshire council have agreed the final terms for a £4m mosque to be built in Reading.

The mosque will be built on the corner of Wokingham Road and Green Road.

The new building will include a prayer house, washing facilities, classrooms for male and female students and more than 100 parking spaces.

Funding is being raised by the Muslim community. When it is built the Alexandra Road mosque will be shut. A report is due before the cabinet.

'Community integration'

The building, classical in design with a silver dome in the centre, will provide a social as well as religious focus for the Muslim community across Reading, the borough council said.

Alexandra Road mosque, which will return to residential use, had inadequate parking facilities - there will be 115 parking spaces at the new building.

David Sutton, Reading Borough Council leader, said: "This partnership between the council and the Muslims of Reading sends a strong message about community integration and social harmony in our town, and I am very proud about that.

"I look forward to the grand opening of another new Reading landmark."

Negotiations between the Muslim community and the local authority have been on-going since the announcement in October 2006 of the establishment of a new and more inclusive body of trustees for the new mosque, overseeing the bringing together of Alexandra Road and South Street Mosque.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-25-2008, 11:10 AM
:salamext:

*breathes in, breathes out* *repeats* [as of advice of Osman bhai]

MashaAllaah thats kool, but £4million? Isn't that a bit tooooo much? :X

Uthman
03-25-2008, 11:12 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM
MashaAllaah thats kool, but £4million? Isn't that a bit tooooo much? :X
You complainin'? :D

:w:

------
03-25-2008, 11:19 AM
:salamext:

Not really but theres a limit to everything bhai right? You know what I mean.... that is a bit too much... I mean people are dying of starvation...etc... :-\

I need to let my gussa out sumwhere

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
:sl:

Not really but theres a limit to everything bhai right? You know what I mean.... that is a bit too much... I mean people are dying of starvation...etc... :-\
Sure, I agree with that.

Inshaa'Allah the investment will be worth it though. Hopefully, a lot of good will come out of this mosque, including raising money to feed those dying of starvation. The Non-Muslims should be able to see that mosques aren't such bad ideas after all then.

I need to let my gussa out sumwhere

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.