/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Holocaust Memorial Museum

Muslim Woman
03-25-2008, 09:16 AM
:sl:

Palestinian Holocaust Memorial Museum

"… they [ the Palestinians] will bring upon themselves a bigger 'shoah' [a Hebrew word for catastrophe and a synonym for the Nazi Holocaust] because we will use all our might to defend ourselves." Israel's deputy defense minister Matan Vilnai told Army Radio on Friday, February 29, 2008

The Palestinian Holocaust Memorial Museum (PHMM) will feature the photos, names and stories of Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces in the context of a new Holocaust. PHMM will highlight the elements of the new Holocaust; the locations, weapons and impacts. Testimonies of the survivors will also be published..

To Help Us Build the Museum, Click Here

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...um/index.shtml

PHMM@iolteam.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-26-2008, 10:32 AM
The biggest value of it will be that even while in the planning stages it will show that there are 2 sides to Palestine/Israel and that for the most part the world has been only seeing one side.

Izyan
03-26-2008, 01:45 PM
This whole thing diminishes the current plight of the Palestinians. Because this is being dubbed a Palestinian "Holocaust" Museum it won't be taken serious. Not because it's Palestinans but because what is going on in Palestine is not a holocaust in any definition of the word.

Muslim Woman
03-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Salaam/peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
... what is going on in Palestine is not a holocaust ...
what it is ???

Child Victims

Amira

20 days

Mohammad Naser Al-Bura'i

5 months

Kindly send us any information of the Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces in the context of the new Holocaust.

PHMM@iolteam.com

Preferred form of information

- Name (of the child)

- Date of Death

- Place of Death

- Weapon Type

- Details of the last hours

- His/her Hobbies

- His /her Dreams

- Belongings (photos, videos, diaries …)

Save Form

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...01/index.shtml

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Karina
03-26-2008, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
what it is ???
From the Greek: "holos" (completely) and "kaustos" (burned sacrificial offering).

Hello,

Just for info:

Holocaust can mean:

The Holocaust, or Shoah, the systematic killing mainly of six million Jews, but also of Gypsies, Slavs, homosexuals and other "undesirable" groups in Europe during World War II. Since 1978, this has been the main meaning of the English term.

holocaust (sacrifice), a burnt offering, from Greek holo-kauston "all burnt". The original sense, referring to a completely-burnt sacrifice
By extension the word was used in English to refer to other acts of obliteration by burning (or massacres in general).

source

Fishman
03-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree with some of the posters above, although what is happening in Palestine is bad, it is not a Holocaust. A holocaust implies the systematic extermination of an entire people. The Nazis didn't just drop a few bombs or demolish a few homes, they sorted people out by name, put all them in train wagons and then killed the lot. The Palestinians are being persecuted and in many cases killed, but it is by no means an extermination.

Perhaps the memorial should be called the 'Palestinian Memorial'.

A Bosnia memorial would also be a good idea as well, as that was a holocaust. everybody seemed to have forgotten what happened in Kosovo and Bosnia until Kosovo got independence.
:w:

Muslim Woman
03-27-2008, 12:02 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
.... A holocaust implies the systematic extermination of an entire people.
so we will wait for Holocaust museum till Zionists murder All the Palestine people ?

Amadeus85
03-27-2008, 12:06 AM

so we will wait for Holocaust museum till Zionists murder All the Palestine people ?
Not but how you wanna call a mass murder of Palestinians if it really happen (God forbids) in future. Fishman meants that Holocaust is a word for specific event in history and related only to this event.

snakelegs
03-27-2008, 12:15 AM
not sure where they are planning to build it?
i agree - it would be better to call it a memorial.
however, when the deputy defense minister used the word...........maybe the rules changed.

Muslim Woman
03-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
.. Fishman meants that Holocaust is a word for specific event in history and related only to this event.
word meaning changes from time to time.

So if still holocaust means only to a past event , it should have a new meaning now.

How victims of holocaust are creating another holocaust i.e in Palestine.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...za/index.shtml

Woodrow
03-27-2008, 01:30 AM
From the common vernacular usage the meaning of holocaust seems to be changing. In common usage of todays media I see it being used more in terms of mass killings or persecution under the direction of a nations policy.

Fishman
03-27-2008, 10:08 AM

Yes, because at the moment it is not a Holocaust. It is persecution. Probably even mass persecution. But it is not a Holocaust or a genocide, certainly not a 'greater holocaust'. When Palestinians are being herded into gas chambers or being shot in warehouses then yes, call that a Holocaust all you like. But since that fortunately is not and has not happened, it is not a Holocaust.

The word 'Holocaust' has not changed its meaning. It is just politicians and fanatics who spin it up and call anything a 'Holocaust' just to make their cause seem more worthy or their suffering much worse.

Have a memorial for Palestinians, certainly, but just don't call it a Holocaust.

Whatsthepoint
03-27-2008, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
From the common vernacular usage the meaning of holocaust seems to be changing. In common usage of todays media I see it being used more in terms of mass killings or persecution under the direction of a nations policy.
It's the same with Mecca. The word refers to a specific place in the KSA, as well as to any point of attraction.

Trumble
03-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I agree with previous posters... hijacking the word 'holocaust' (I disagree with Woodrow that there has been any change in its generally understood meaning) will do what is otherwise a very worthwhile project no good at all. The same applies to use of language such as "testimonies of the survivors will also be published". Terrible as the conflict is there are far more 'survivors' than victims, which was most certainly not the case for those sent to the Nazi extermination camps.

To be honest I find the attempt to ape memorials of the holocaust blatantly political, rather pathetic and indeed insulting to the dead of both conflicts. 'Memorial' is both dignified, and sufficient.

Izyan
03-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Salaam/peace;

So if still holocaust means only to a past event , it should have a new meaning now.

How victims of holocaust are creating another holocaust i.e in Palestine.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...za/index.shtml
Not this word. 5000 people in 10 years might be a tragedy but it is not a holocaust. Also this General is an idiot and was reprimanded by Olmert.

Muslim Woman
03-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Salaam/peace;

5000 people in 10 years might be a tragedy but it is not a holocaust. .
lol how many should die to make it a holocaust ?

your source pl. for the number of the dead people. How many kids were murdered in Palestine in last 10 yrs ?

A Palestinian Child's Message

A child explains her sufferings with shooting all around. Her words touch the hearts deeply. Don't be shocked by her words.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...ic_03/01.shtml

Muslim Woman
03-28-2008, 12:56 AM

Weapons

Negev Commando

Sniper Rifle SR-99

Air-to-Ground Missile

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...02/index.shtml

SATalha
03-28-2008, 01:44 AM
You cannot deny that since the occupation there has been a policy not only to remove Palestinians, but also exterminate them from their homes and villiges. Its been happning the past decades, so its not a "holocaust" now. Its more of a slow and painful extermination. One thing is for certain the Zionist are no better then the Nazis! Infact they are same.

Izyan
03-28-2008, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
You cannot deny that since the occupation there has been a policy not only to remove Palestinians, but also exterminate them from their homes and villiges. Its been happning the past decades, so its not a "holocaust" now. Its more of a slow and painful extermination. One thing is for certain the Zionist are no better then the Nazis! Infact they are same.
You do realize hyperbole like this undermines your argument right?

Izyan
03-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Salaam/peace;

your source pl. for the number of the dead people. How many kids were murdered in Palestine in last 10 yrs ?

A Palestinian Child's Message

A child explains her sufferings with shooting all around. Her words touch the hearts deeply. Don't be shocked by her words.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...ic_03/01.shtml
4,604 palestinians and 1,033 Isreali deaths since 2000

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html

Keltoi
03-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I have to agree with those that believe a "memorial" would have been more productive, accurate, and respectful. If someone wants to be concerned with a real genocide, look at Darfur. The Palestinians are a refugee people, many by their own design, some not. While I don't wish to downplay the suffering of innocent Palestinians, coining the situation a "holocaust" is simply dramatic license, and does more harm than good.

Fishman
03-28-2008, 10:37 PM
When there are more dead than survivors.

anatolian
03-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Good question but has no answer.The UN's 'official discribtion' says "a group of people" or somethink like that...

Holocaust is the special name of the Jewish genocide..but it's all up to us to decide whether the alestinian one is a genocide or 'simply' a persecution...I call it state terrorism

Trumble
03-29-2008, 06:27 AM
No 'how many' is involved. The dictionary definition of the word 'holocaust' is "complete destruction, usually by fire". In this context it has another meaning; the attempted extermination of the Jews by the Nazis. There are no "a" holocausts, just the holocaust. The Palestinian conflict is not "a holocaust". Neither is that in Darfur. Nor were Rwanda or Cambodia, just to name two. That makes no judgement on how 'bad' those events were.. all were (are) terrible events and appalling human tragedies.

The problem is not just sloppy use of language. It is a deliberate distortion of that language to make a political (not a humanitarian) point (can you provide a link to the "Darfur holocaust memorial museum" please?). It is using dead children for that purpose. Use of the word 'holocaust' turns the museum from a memorial into propaganda. As I said, it insults the dead of both conflicts.

Muslim Woman
03-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

(May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

The Israeli Holocaust Against the Palestinians

Researched and curated by Michael Hoffman

Photo Gallery: Israeli Child Murder Documented

The world perpetually mourns the death of one Jewish child at the hands of the Nazis, Anne Frank.

She is commemorated in several books, eight separate movies and documentaries (including one now in production by Steven Spielberg) and countless shrines and museums.

Will the thousands of Arab children who have been slaughtered by the Israelis since 1948 be remembered by the West with a single memorial, or will the memory of the atrocities against these "un-Chosen" people be extinguished?

Let this webpage stand in testimony until such time as the conscience of the West can be awakened from its Jewish supremacist slumber, and commemorate all the victims of all the holocausts, including those perpetrated by Jews.

Michael Hoffman, October 2000

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/palestine29.html

Trumble
03-30-2008, 07:37 AM
That would be the same Michael Hoffman who believes there were no gas chambers and that 6 million or so Jews died of typhus, or similar, would it? :rollseyes

Let this webpage stand in testimony until such time as the conscience of the West can be awakened from its Jewish supremacist slumber
I rest my case.

Sanctus Paganis
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
You can call it "holocaust" if only Israel exterminate palestinians. But then palestinians kills each other how you can say that Israel doing extermination?

TheAtheist
03-30-2008, 02:04 PM
It's shame what you Muslims are doing, later you claim you are being chased in Europe for no reason? If you wouldn't act like that (Supporting your Muslims brothers, no matter what they do) you might not be hated and had movies like Fitna released.

From 1968 (Since Palestinians exist) 10,000 Palestinians died, and approximately over 50% of them were terrorist. Now the Palestinians claim only the minority are terrorists, lower than 5%, so if that the Palestinian sources aren't lying (OMG WHY WOULD THEY DO IT?), the Israeli achievement is amazing, considering that the BRAVE Hamas which "Protects" the Palestinians by hiding between them, and shooting Qassams from Kindergartens, Schools and Hospitals. Palestinians propaganda at it's best.

crayon
03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TheAtheist
From 1968 (Since Palestinians exist) 10,000 Palestinians died, and approximately over 50% of them were terrorist..
Dude, what are you smoking?

edit- oh, wait, i know. It's one of those propaganda joints, yeah? They kill brain cells, be careful..

TheAtheist
03-30-2008, 06:17 PM
What am i smoking? The arab league declared the Palestinian people as a Nation as a propaganda, that they could use in the future, it's working, aint it? Don't tell me you didnt know that. Maybe someone put that Propaganda joints in your Nargilas. Anyway, i wont argue about it cuz it's tiring.

But the fact that Hamas is shooting and fighting only from civilized places, is unarguable, proved, and not only proved, they are proud of themselves for doing it. if they were really "brave defenders" they would get away from the "innocent" Palestinians.

Pff. Calling it a holocaust, that's that most degraded thing ive ever heard, even more degradefull than smuggling weapons in Ambulances. What ? you never heard of that too?

The problem with you Muslims is that you are too one sided.

barney
03-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Theatheist:

Hi and welcome to the forums.
The palastinian "Insurgents" fight from built up areas for several reasons.
1)Thats where Israeli forces are concentrated
2)If they were to dress up in uniforms and try to shoot it out with the IDF they would lose. Several Arab armies could explain this to them in detail.

What is the proportion of Civilians to gunmen killed? You dont know. I dont know, Nobody on this board knows. 50% is just a figure pulled from your head. If you said 45.3% then i'd ask for scources, but 50% ....? Nahh, i'll say thats just your feelings rather than fact.

I do know this. If Israel was committing genocide, and trying to kill innocents , they wouldnt fire the occasional guided missile at identified Hamas Leadership targets in cars. They would carpet bomb the palastinian territory to dust in a continual wave of High Explosive using their 700 combat aircraft in twenty four hour raids seven days a week.

Despite the claims of the Palastinians, the IDF hasnt wiped them out and isnt trying to. If it wanted to , it could.

Now on the other hand, how are the palastinian "militia" attacking? Well simply by lobbing rockets at settlements. These are civilian outposts. No soldiers in them. Slaughtering Bar Mitzvas? Check, Shooting up schoolbuses? Check, Firing assault rifles into school classes? Check.

One thing the Jews never managed was a Jewish resistance to the real Holocaust, excepting the Warsaw uprising. In that battle, they wore arm bands and fought the german army in intense FIBUA conflict. They diddnt strap bombs onto their bellies and run into a german civilians wedding in Munich screaming religious devotion as they painted the cake with blood.

Meanwhile of course RAF Bomber command was killing 7000 a night carpet bombing citys. Now THAT is genocide.

Palastine, Isreal is far, far more capable than bomber command ever was. Try shutting off the suicide bombs and stones for a bit. Just a couple of years. Try talking. The wedding bombs dont seem to work very well. Strange really.

Muslim Woman
03-31-2008, 01:14 AM

The Israeli Holocaust Against Arab Children

THE WORLD MUST KNOW!

Children have been shot in other conflicts I have covered--

death squads gunned them down in El Salvador and Guatemala, mothers with infants were lined up and massacred in Algeria, and Serb snipers put children in their sights...in Sarajevo--

but I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport,"

Hedges wrote. His account, coolly factual yet full of passionate intensity, was written not for his own paper but for Harper's Magazine, which sent Hedges to Gaza on his vacation."

The Nation, March 11, 2002

Israeli soldiers shot this eight-year-old Palestinian girl, Sabreen Abu Sneineh, in the head, in Hebron, Aug. 12, 2001

http://www.revisionisthistory.org/palestine46.html

crayon
03-31-2008, 12:18 PM
TheAtheist- Everything you said I could just flip around and apply to you. But like you said, it's too tiring to argue.

Oh, also, I came across this very interesting site yesterday.
http://www.ifamericansknew.org

TheAtheist
03-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Barney, i'll reply to you in few days because i'm in a hurry and because i'm going out of state.

Crayon -
i came across with very interesting site few days ago too -
if you consider your site legitimate, so is this one

crayon
04-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I disagree with the use of the word "holocaust" in the memorial, but it's not only muslims that are using it.

"A senior Israeli politician provoked controversy today when he warned that Palestinians firing rockets from Gaza would be punished with a "bigger holocaust" from Israeli armed forces."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...9/wholo129.xml

Izyan
04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I disagree with the use of the word "holocaust" in the memorial, but it's not only muslims that are using it.

"A senior Israeli politician provoked controversy today when he warned that Palestinians firing rockets from Gaza would be punished with a "bigger holocaust" from Israeli armed forces."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...9/wholo129.xml
That guy is an idiot and should step down immediately

Muslim Woman
04-08-2008, 01:24 AM

I Witnessed the Naksa of 1967

He is telling his story of how he was moved out of his home in Palestine and became a refugee in Lebanon – Listen!

http://www.islamonline.net/english/m...2007/06/01.ram

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...ic_03/02.shtml

Muslim Woman
04-09-2008, 02:03 AM

Israel bars UN envoy after 'holocaust' claim :

Israel has said it will refuse a visa for the new United Nations human rights envoy to the Palestinians after he said it was responsible for a "Holocaust in the making" in Gaza.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/08/wisrael108.xml

===

kirk
04-09-2008, 02:53 AM
My own level of sympathy for the Palestinains has gone up and down over the years.

When they use violence I have no sympathy for them.

-

snakelegs
04-09-2008, 03:47 AM
and when the zionists use violence?

Na7lah
04-09-2008, 03:52 AM
My own level of sympathy for the Palestinains has gone up and down over the years.

When they use violence I have no sympathy for them.

hmmm. it seems like people only notice it wen Palistinains use "violence"
however wen the jews (zionists) are killing people every second that's considered normal???

Izyan
04-09-2008, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah421
hmmm. it seems like people only notice it wen Palistinains use "violence"
however wen the jews (zionists) are killing people every second that's considered normal???
You must live an awful shelterd life because on CNN they spend a lot of time focusing on Israeli actions.

Izyan
04-09-2008, 12:43 PM

Israel bars UN envoy after 'holocaust' claim :

Israel has said it will refuse a visa for the new United Nations human rights envoy to the Palestinians after he said it was responsible for a "Holocaust in the making" in Gaza.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/08/wisrael108.xml

===
Because it's hyperbole and an idiotic statement. 100 people don't make a holocaust.

Muslim Woman
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Salaam/peace;

100 people don't make a holocaust.

how many dead people make it a holocaust ?

Izyan
04-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Salaam/peace;

how many dead people make it a holocaust ?
Let's make it a even 6,000,000. You know what? Let's make it only 1,000,000. When you get to that number we can revisit the whole Holocaust thing.

Muslim Woman
04-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Salaam/peace;

Let's make it a even 6,000,000. You know what? Let's make it only 1,000,000. When you get to that number we can revisit the whole Holocaust thing.

Ok , Don’t worry …Zionists are trying their best to make it a holocaust ….if it's not already. We don't have to wait too long.

Izyan
04-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Salaam/peace;

Ok , Don’t worry …Zionists are trying their best to make it a holocaust ….if it's not already. We don't have to wait too long.
Well they need to get going because at the rate of 4000 every 10 years, the Mahdi will return before they get to that number.

barney
04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Well they need to get going because at the rate of 4000 every 10 years, the Mahdi will return before they get to that number.
At that rate, the population growth is actually going to be astronomically high!

Muslim Woman
04-19-2008, 01:58 AM

Name of martyr: Wasn't named.

Date of murder: November 8, 2006

Place of murder: Beit Hanoun - in the northern Gaza Strip.

Weapon used: A bullet.

Details of the last hours:

During the Israeli shelling of a residential area in Beit Hanoun, in the northern Gaza Strip, this child - who was not yet born - was shot by an anonymous soldier.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...ic_01/14.shtml

arabianprincess
04-19-2008, 04:46 AM
i cant believe ppl cant compare them to the jews back then ... alot of plai ppl died ... i believe even more than jews... come on let not make it sound like only few died .. in a single day like over 100 ppl die............ how sad

arabianprincess
04-19-2008, 04:47 AM
some ppl even said it wasnt true... but hey .. i dont know ................ :D about the whole holocaust thing.. like ppl just exaggerated the numbers alil bit ........ i dont understand since the jews went through the same thing... they should know better... to not treat ppl the same .. how weird

Azy
04-19-2008, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
i cant believe ppl cant compare them to the jews back then ... alot of plai ppl died ... i believe even more than jews... come on let not make it sound like only few died .. in a single day like over 100 ppl die............ how sad
If 100 people died every day it would take 165 years to equal the number of Jews who died in WW2.
I'm not saying the numbers are important, every single death is a tragedy, but what people are saying here is incredibly biased.

Maybe you've seen this before:

Wonder why so many children die? Ask Hamas.

barney
04-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Those kids are Israeli children sneaking up behind a innocent palastinian who has a cold head (hence the balaclava) engaged in some innocent duck hunting with an AKM-FS. See the look of hatred on their faces as they prepare to stab him in the back as he relaxes during his leisure time?

Muslim Woman
04-20-2008, 01:54 AM

NEWS YOU WON'T FIND ON CNN
Our Reign Of Terror

In shocking testimonies that reveal abductions, beatings and torture, Israeli soldiers confess the horror they have visited on Hebron

By Donald Macintyre in Jerusalem

19/04/08 "
The Independent"

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle19773.htm

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1208065155570&ampssbinarytrue -

Abuse of Palestinian children in Al-Khalil has become a daily practice of Israeli soldiers. (Reuters)

Al-Khalil…Israel's Reign of Terror

IslamOnline.net & Newspapers

CAIRO — With trigger-happy soldiers shooting at any moving object, blackmailing to night raids on houses to "choke" helpless Palestinians, the city of Al-Khalil (Hebron) mirrors a reign of Israel's terror in the occupied Palestinian territories.

....The 22-year-old soldier recalls abusing a 10-year-old Palestinian boy by soldiers to locate and punish a 15-year-old stone-thrower.

......Choke Them

Israeli soldiers also speak about storming Palestinian houses at night to "play" with residents.

"We did night activity. Choose a house at random, on the aerial photo," said Iftach Arbel, who served in Hebron.

"Then at midnight you wake someone up and turn his whole house upside down with everyone sleeping on the mattresses and all.

The 23-year-old soldier said the soldiers would put Palestinians against the wall.

"[We would] make like we were checking them, and ask them to spread their legs. Spread, spread, spread, it was a game to see who could do it best. Or we would check who can hold his breath for longest.

"Choke them. One guy would come, make like he was checking them, and suddenly start yelling like they said something and choke them ... Block their airways; you have to press the adams apple. It's not pleasant.

Look at the watch as you're doing it, until he passes out. The one who takes longest to faint wins."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

Muslim Woman
04-25-2008, 02:35 AM

Holocaust it Was

GAZA CITY — Israel promised us a greater Holocaust and that was what it did, Palestinians told IslamOnline.net during a tour of the bombed out Jabaliya refugee camp in northern Gaza.

Rumbling out of the crowded Jabaliya town and refugee camp, Israeli troops and tanks left nothing but flattened homes, streets littered with human remains and heartbroken civilians.

"They targeted the people, the homes and even the farms," said Umm Noaman, an elder woman.

She pointed to her dead chicken and goats, saying the animals "died of fear".

Hundreds of Israeli soldiers, backed by dozens of tanks, had trudged through the streets Jabaliya for days, clashing with Palestinian fighters as aircraft razed homes to the ground.

Israel withdrew its ground troops earlier Monday after killing at least 117 people, including 35 children and ten women, in a devastating five-day onslaught.

Muslim Woman
04-26-2008, 12:40 AM

70,000 Gazans have no drinking water;
UN can't feed 700,000 refugees

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle19804.htm

barney
04-26-2008, 07:40 PM
If 17000 Gazans are without drinking water, why dosnt the Ummah simply band together to help them?
There seems to be a Border with Eygpt which water , fuel, food , medical care etc etc could flood through. The Border is Hamas Controlled.

Why is the Legitimate government relying on Israel, who they wish to destroy, to feed them, clothe them, water them.
Why are they not irrigating the land. Farming it, Building factories, creating wealth? Building infrastructure, hospitals, transport?

The Palastinians are on the lips of evry one of the one billion ummah, but only as a focus of antisemitism, never as a practical help.
Saddam and the Saudi's at least gave aid to the Palastinians. $20000 each to the families of suicide murderers.

Muslim Woman
04-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Salaam/peace

format_quote Originally Posted by barney
....Why is the Legitimate government relying on Israel, who they wish to destroy, to feed them, clothe them, water them.....

huh....we can at least expect/ pray that zionists won't compete with Hitler to beat him in cruelty.

Israel "Orphans" Al-Khalil Kids, Again

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1208063286839&ampssbinarytrue -

The Israeli closure of the two charities leave hundreds of Palestinian orphans live on the street. (IOL photo)

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ws%2FNWELayout

- Qatada -
04-27-2008, 01:27 PM
If 17000 Gazans are without drinking water, why dosnt the Ummah simply band together to help them?
There seems to be a Border with Eygpt which water , fuel, food , medical care etc etc could flood through. The Border is Hamas Controlled.

Why is the Legitimate government relying on Israel, who they wish to destroy, to feed them, clothe them, water them.
Why are they not irrigating the land. Farming it, Building factories, creating wealth? Building infrastructure, hospitals, transport?

The Palastinians are on the lips of evry one of the one billion ummah, but only as a focus of antisemitism, never as a practical help.
Saddam and the Saudi's at least gave aid to the Palastinians. $20000 each to the families of suicide murderers.

If the muslims attempt to support or fund the innocent muslims from different parts of the world, they are branded as 'supporting terrorists'.

What the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said is so true;

On the authority of Thawbaan , the Prophet said:

The People will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their food.” Someone asked, “Will that be because of our small numbers at that time?” He replied, “No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be froth and scum like that carried down by a torrent (of water), and Allah will take the fear of you from the breasts (hearts) of your enemy and cast al-wahn into your hearts.” Someone asked, “O Messenger of Allah, what is al-wahn?” He replied, “Love of the world and dislike of death.”

[An authentic hadith recorded by Abu Dawud and Ahmad]

barney
04-27-2008, 01:27 PM

Thats what Hitler did to Tens of millions. If the Jews are competing then they are doing a really rubbish job of it.

So, why are the Muslims not feeding and educating and building Infrastructure for them?
Why is this left to the people that their government wants to destroy? (Iseral USA, Europe...OK so they dont want to destroy Europe...but Europe is giving the palastinians more aid than all the Ummah combined, unless you count aid as being shipments of ammunition)
Yeah, if you flog them explosive belts and AK's then you could be supporting terrorists. Try feeding them.

barney
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM
http://www.israelipalestinianprocon....3.787719090257

Pledged/ Contributed 05/06
United Kingdom
$28,651,303 $26,455,118
U.S.A.
$108,000,000 $135,000,000
Total Governments
$372,067,547 $329,119,217
European Commission
$123,041,805 $90,484,526
Arab Governments Fund
$150,000 $0

So the most pressing, urgent issue for the muslims. The strife of the people of palastine is shown by each arab nation contributing a cash sum of $1 for every $1230 that the West gives these people.

Where is it spent? Well we know the answers, but they dont fit very well into a picture of a opressive Israel starving a downtrodden population.

- Qatada -
04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
You don't know the state of the ummah in the muslim world, and thats because you've never lived there.

Muslims have gone through much more restrictions in the muslim world in regard to islam than muslims have in the non muslim world - until today in which its kind of balancing out. Why? since the colonialist era, puppet leaders have been placed at the top - they'll do whatever the leaders here tell them. so any muslim who even grows a beard or woman wears the islamic dress - is put under security check by the secret services. i.e. in Egypt, Tunisia, Syria etc.

Similarly, if muslims give money to the poor abroad - they will be kept under scrutiny by the government. many don't want that, and the ones who do - they will be arrested or killed.

Peace.

barney
04-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Sounds like they need a healthy heaping dose of New! Improved DEMOCRACY tm. Gets your corrupt officials whiter than white or your money back.

Muslim Woman
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Salaam/peace;

Thats what Hitler did to Tens of millions. .
New Hitlers are doing this-

Watch Gaza "Terrorists"

Muslim Woman
04-28-2008, 05:32 PM

Another Gaza Kids Massacre

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1208794298699&ampssbinarytrue -

The kids and their mother were hit by the Israeli shell while eating their breakfast. (Photo from Al-Jazeera)

Muslim Woman
04-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Killed in Cradle

The mother put him kindly in his cradle. The father bent over to kiss the chubby cheek of the five-month toddler.

"Come on! Grow up sweat heart," whispered the father Naser tenderly in the ears of Mohammad. "Our baby will grow up, play hide and seek and marry the prettiest of the girls."

"We will always love you and get you he best of clothes and toys," added his wife Eman as they kept looking at the sleeping angel.

With his innocent look and broad smile, Mohammad came to this life after five long years of patience and impotency endured by his parents.

They wanted nothing but a baby who brings joy to a life growing mundane and gives purpose to it under a paralyzing Israeli punishment and a crippling blockade.

Mohammad will not grow up; he will not smile any longer neither will he play hide and seek.

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1204172799756&ampssbinarytrue -

Mohamed was killed in an Israeli raid in Gaza

Muslim Woman
05-01-2008, 12:27 PM

Palestinians Are Like Cactus

Cactus is hard, can survive without water for long periods of time, and has all these thorns on the outside with a complete mushy juicy nature on the inside.

Likewise, Palestinians are survivors who can live long without enough resources.

They look so tough while absolutely absurd and tender as all human beings are. Harder still, they stand out in resilience, totally stranded by a long sorrowful legacy of exile!

I look at Gaza people and get astonished of how they endure what they endure

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1209478135403&ampssbinarytrue -

Do you know Handala, the young boy in Naji Al-Ali's cartoons?

He has hair like cactus thorns as if professing that our children will live in drought.

Their life is simply a quest for survival.

Barefooted as he is and poor, he turns his back on us and on all, looking at something, thinking of something deeply, faceless in accusation. Will he ever look us in the eyes?

Will he ever grow old? Or will he just shrug his shoulders in indifference and walk away from contemplating the Palestinian cause. Entrapment that it is in a static infertile complex surrounding.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...rs%2FMAELayout

Muslim Woman
05-08-2008, 06:16 AM

British Jews: Don't celebrate Israel's 60th

'We cannot celebrate birthday of state founded on terrorism… which engages in ethnic cleansing,' says group of prominent British Jews, saying time has come to recognize 'Naqba' as Palestinian equivalent to Holocaust

Hagit Klaiman

Published: 04.30.08, 20:11 / Israel Jewish Scene

On the eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day and a week before Israel marks its 60th Independence Day, a group of over 100 British Jews comprised of well-known academics, writers, actors and other public figures has launched a scathing attack against the Jewish state.

'We're not celebrating Israel's anniversary,' proclaimed the letter carried by the Guardian newspaper on Wednesday. Among the signatures of those claiming Israel forced 70,000 Palestinians into a Death March in 1948 are Prof.

Haim Bresheeth, a professor at the University of East London who organized the call for an academic boycott against Israel, playwright Harold Pinter, Attorney Daniel Machover, who filed a lawsuit against Maj. Gen. Doron Almog, and Stephen Fry.

"We cannot celebrate the birthday of a state founded on terrorism, massacres and the dispossession of another people from their land," say the letter writers.

"We cannot celebrate the birthday of a state that even now engages in ethnic cleansing, that violates international law, that is inflicting a monstrous collective punishment on the civilian population of Gaza and that continues to deny to Palestinians their human rights and national aspirations.

We will celebrate when Arab and Jew live as equals in a peaceful Middle East."

"In July 1948, 70,000 Palestinians were driven from their homes in Lydda and Ramleh in the heat of the summer with no food or water. Hundreds died. It was known as the Death March. We will not be celebrating," the letter continues.

"In all, 750,000 Palestinians became refugees. Some 400 villages were wiped off the map. That did not end the ethnic cleansing.

Thousands of Palestinians were expelled from the Galilee in 1956. Many thousands more when Israel occupied the West Bank and Gaza. Under international law and sanctioned by UN resolution 194, refugees from war have a right to return or compensation. Israel has never accepted that right. We will not be celebrating."

www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3538020,00.html

Muslim Woman
05-11-2008, 12:56 AM

"Our Dreams!?"

The Art of the Palestinian Children

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1209480770911&ampssbinarytrue -

"The Wall is a snake around our freedom."

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1209480770953&ampssbinarytrue -

"No access to the hospital."

Credit: Palestinian grassroots Anti-Apartheid Wall Campaign.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...re%2FACELayout

Muslim Woman
05-18-2008, 02:14 AM

It waits at the bottom of a trunk

At the bottom of a drawer, it waits.

It grows old, it grows old

Passing from hand to hand

From gnarled hands that unfold

Faded cloth to unveil history

To destined hands of grandchildren,
The generation in between lost...

related links:

May 15th.. Israel's Birthday or Palestine's Nakba?

"We Are All Palestinian"

http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...ne/index.shtml

arabianprincess
05-18-2008, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azy
If 100 people died every day it would take 165 years to equal the number of Jews who died in WW2.
I'm not saying the numbers are important, every single death is a tragedy, but what people are saying here is incredibly biased.

Maybe you've seen this before:

Wonder why so many children die? Ask Hamas.
when i was sayin 100 i was just givin a number... its obvious its alot more than that.... n jews view our blood as nothin.. not us alone but anyone who is not a jew.... since they r the chosen PPL ... for now ... but its kinda weird taken them 60 years... n they still not even close... how sad .. they say they r strongest but they still didnt even take it all .. n the plai dont even have nothin ... n the jews havent even succeed .. i hate when they compare the jews who died in ww2... i mean... 60 years compare to 5 years.. come on now... ( u do feel sorry for em .. but if u think about ... they went through the same thing .. common sense to treat ppl better ) but as i said any non jews blood is worth nothin to em... salamzzzzzzzzzz

arabianprincess
05-18-2008, 02:51 AM
n as for the picture... they r diyin becuasethey want there country .back... and its not right for them to be kicked out ... like they never existed........ imagin someone come to ur country n kick u out.. would u like that... n kill ur ppl ... dont blame hamas .. hamas is the only one defending them when everyone else forget about them.

Muslim Woman
05-21-2008, 01:34 AM

From Nakba Survivor to 1948 Arab

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1210756322328&ampssbinarytrue -
Click here to listen to the interview

http://www.islamonline.net/English/M...08/05/01.shtml

" When the forces approached us … I still remember .. we were sitting — me, my father, my mother, my older brother, my two sisters — in the lower story of our house and my father looked at us and said:

You know guys, just go … go!

Where to go?

He said: just go …

He gave everyone of us 10 Palestinian pounds and he said .. just go ..

Just imagine how parents tell their youngest boy just go .. where to, they didn’t know

It was so terrifying …

My parents didn’t want to see us killed or to see my sisters rapped at the reputation of the Zionist forces that were spreading around.

… and the story starts from there"

Naji Farah tells his story

Click here to listen

Izyan
05-21-2008, 12:50 PM
n as for the picture... they r diyin becuasethey want there country .back... and its not right for them to be kicked out ... like they never existed........ imagin someone come to ur country n kick u out.. would u like that... n kill ur ppl ... dont blame hamas .. hamas is the only one defending them when everyone else forget about them.
No they die because they are stupid enough to get that close to a battlefield. What;s the purpose of the kids being there other than PR?

Izyan
05-21-2008, 12:51 PM
when i was sayin 100 i was just givin a number... its obvious its alot more than that.... n jews view our blood as nothin.. not us alone but anyone who is not a jew.... since they r the chosen PPL ... for now ... but its kinda weird taken them 60 years... n they still not even close... how sad .. they say they r strongest but they still didnt even take it all .. n the plai dont even have nothin ... n the jews havent even succeed .. i hate when they compare the jews who died in ww2... i mean... 60 years compare to 5 years.. come on now... ( u do feel sorry for em .. but if u think about ... they went through the same thing .. common sense to treat ppl better ) but as i said any non jews blood is worth nothin to em... salamzzzzzzzzzz
If Israel wanted to wipe out the Palestinians it would already be done. Who would stop them?

Izyan
05-21-2008, 01:01 PM

From Nakba Survivor to 1948 Arab

Click here to listen to the interview

http://www.islamonline.net/English/M...08/05/01.shtml

" When the forces approached us … I still remember .. we were sitting — me, my father, my mother, my older brother, my two sisters — in the lower story of our house and my father looked at us and said:

You know guys, just go … go!

Where to go?

He said: just go …

He gave everyone of us 10 Palestinian pounds and he said .. just go ..

Just imagine how parents tell their youngest boy just go .. where to, they didn’t know

It was so terrifying …

My parents didn’t want to see us killed or to see my sisters rapped at the reputation of the Zionist forces that were spreading around.

… and the story starts from there"

Naji Farah tells his story

Click here to listen

Former Prime Minister of Syria Khalid al-Azm recalled in his memoirs:

Since 1948 it is we who demanded the return of the refugees to their country, while it is we who made them leave it. […]
We brought disaster upon one million Arab refugees, by inviting them and bringing pressure to bear upon them to leave their land, their homes, their work and their industry. We have rendered them dispossessed, unemployed, whilst every one of them had work or a trade by which he could gain his livelihood.

After the war, a few Arab leaders tried to present the Palestinian exodus as a victory by claiming to have planned it. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Said was later quoted as saying: "We will smash the country with our guns and obliterate every place the Jews shelter in. The Arabs should conduct their wives and children to safe areas until the fighting has died down."

Contemporary Jordanian politician Anwar Nusseibeh believed that the fault for the exodus and military loss was with the Arab commanders:

"the commanders of the local army thought in terms of the revolt against the British in the 1930s. The rebels had often retreated to the mountains, which made sense, as the British had not sought to take control of the country. But the Jews were fighting for complete domination, so the fighters had erred in withdrawing from the villages instead of defending them […]. He blamed himself as well. 'I underestimated the strength of my own people,' he wrote. […] His central thesis, however, was that the Palestinian Arabs could have won the country had their leaders not sabotaged the war effort and known how to cooperate."

The Arab National Committee of Haifa, the Arab leadership in Haifa in 1948, wrote and delivered a report on the flight of roughly 60,000 Arabs from Haifa. The report said, "[T]he removal of the Arab inhabitants from the town was voluntary and carried out at our request."

"Brotherly advice was given to the Arabs of Palestine to leave their land, homes and property and to stay temporarily in neighboring, brotherly states, lest the guns of the invading Arab armies mow them down," wrote Habab Issa of Al-Hoda, the leading newspaper for Lebanese Maronites in the United States. A Muslim weekly newspaper in Beirut similarly reported, "Who brought the Palestinians to Lebanon as refugees, suffering now from the malign attitude of newspapers and communal leaders […]? The Arab States [sp], and Lebanon amongst them, did it!"

Mahmoud Abbas, at the time Prime Minister of the Palestinian Authority, would later recall: "The Arab armies entered Palestine to protect the Palestinians from the Zionist tyranny but, instead, they abandoned them, forced them to emigrate and to leave their homeland, and threw them into prisons similar to the ghettos in which the Jews used to live."

Air Jordan
05-21-2008, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I agree with previous posters... hijacking the word 'holocaust' (I disagree with Woodrow that there has been any change in its generally understood meaning) will do what is otherwise a very worthwhile project no good at all. The same applies to use of language such as "testimonies of the survivors will also be published". Terrible as the conflict is there are far more 'survivors' than victims, which was most certainly not the case for those sent to the Nazi extermination camps.

To be honest I find the attempt to ape memorials of the holocaust blatantly political, rather pathetic and indeed insulting to the dead of both conflicts. 'Memorial' is both dignified, and sufficient.
Spot on. It is blatantly political. It has two purposes. The first is to undercut historical post-WWII sympathy for the Jews after what can only be described as a holocaust. There was a thoroughly documented, industrial scale, effort by the Nazis to literally exterminate every Jew within that portion of Europe under their control. In some places (like Riga or in Poland) they essentially reached their goal. Then there is the symbolism of the cremation of hundreds of thousands or perhaps millions of the bodies of the murdered.

The second purpose is to gain sympathy for the Palestinian cause. That is why pictures of children are to be used in the memorial. I think it is a safe bet that ther won't be any martyrdom tapes on display....you know...with a caption underneath ..."Here is the martyrdom tape of Ibrahim which was made just before he blew up a bunch of grey-haired ladies on a bus..."

Similarly, it seems silly to talk about "survivors" of the occupation when 99.9 % of those who have lived under Israeli occupation are either still alive are died of natural causes.

That the occupation has been a terrible burden for those living through it is certain and there continue to be many injustices, but nobody in the West is going to fall for this analogy. It would be more effective to have a well produced documentary on the villages cut in half by the security wall and how Palestinains are treated at checkpoints or new Israel sttlements...etce, etc.

Of course, if you are just trying to get the locals riled up to continue the Intifada and keep money flowing from foreign agencies to corrupt Palestinian leaders....then this is exactly the right thing to do. It might be a good idea to make some children's cartoons where Jews are portrayed as evil to keep the young kids in line, too.

arabianprincess
05-22-2008, 03:41 AM
If Israel wanted to wipe out the Palestinians it would already be done. Who would stop them?
if they wanted.. lol ... rite i can see that... man they want it.. but they cant do it... talkin all that sh*T 60 years.. i bet u dont know nothin of there so called planns to take over the whole middle east n wipe us out... n when they were in war with lebanon.. compare to them .. they r much stronger than them.. n they still lost......

wth1257
05-22-2008, 03:46 AM
if they wanted.. lol ... rite i can see that... man they want it.. but they cant do it... talkin all that sh*T 60 years.. i bet u dont know nothin of there so called planns to take over the whole middle east n wipe us out... n when they were in war with lebanon.. compare to them .. they r much stronger than them.. n they still lost......

That is a silly claim(responding to the line you quoted) and one often used. Israel coulden't wipe out the Palistinians openly without loosing the support of Americans, and they need our funding.

Israel has no intention of conquoring the middle east, that dosen't mean the arn't doing horrid things in the OT

arabianprincess
05-22-2008, 03:55 AM
[QUOTE=wth1257;947390]That is a silly claim(responding to the line you quoted) and one often used. Israel coulden't wipe out the Palistinians openly without loosing the support of Americans, and they need our funding.

Israel has no intention of conquoring the middle east, that dosen't mean the arn't doing horrid things in the OT[/QUO

it might be silly to u but its the truth ... n how do u know wat intentions they got.. ur problem is that ur not lookin at the whole picture.. n since when american cares about the plai... " since u said losin the support of the americans * why would they lose it.. thats part of the whole plann.. salamz

wth1257
05-22-2008, 04:24 AM
[QUOTE=arabianprincess;947392]
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
That is a silly claim(responding to the line you quoted) and one often used. Israel coulden't wipe out the Palistinians openly without loosing the support of Americans, and they need our funding.

Israel has no intention of conquoring the middle east, that dosen't mean the arn't doing horrid things in the OT[/QUO

it might be silly to u but its the truth ... n how do u know wat intentions they got.. ur problem is that ur not lookin at the whole picture.. n since when american cares about the plai... " since u said losin the support of the americans * why would they lose it.. thats part of the whole plann.. salamz

I wasen't callig anything you wrote as silly, liveing in Michagin I'm sure you know a typical neocon argument aghinst Israeli atrocities in the OT's is to claim that Israel could wipe openly slaughter the Palistinians if the wished to so therefore they must not be doing much that's to bad in the OT's.

While that is probably true militairly, gross military power isin't the final determinate on what a given nation can do.

I can't be sure, however given the tramendous PR work Israel does in the US I'd be willing to bet they care somewhat about their image here?

Izyan
05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
What would stop Israel from wiping out the Pals?

Izyan
05-22-2008, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=wth1257;947400]

I wasen't callig anything you wrote as silly, liveing in Michagin I'm sure you know a typical neocon argument aghinst Israeli atrocities in the OT's is to claim that Israel could wipe openly slaughter the Palistinians if the wished to so therefore they must not be doing much that's to bad in the OT's.

While that is probably true militairly, gross military power isin't the final determinate on what a given nation can do.

I can't be sure, however given the tramendous PR work Israel does in the US I'd be willing to bet they care somewhat about their image here?
You think so? Did we do anything to stop Rwanda? Dafur? How long did the holocaust go on? Serbia?

wth1257
05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Izyan;947543]
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
You think so?
Yes

Did we do anything to stop Rwanda? Dafur? How long did the holocaust go on? Serbia?
Firstly, in most instances the atrocities did not receive due coverage in the American media, but more importantly we were not actively funding any of the regimes commiting the atrocities you mentioned.

The question of weather Americans would be willing to send their forces into a foreign land to forceable stop atrocities in distant lands is entirely different from weather Americans would be willing to stop funding the regime commiting atrocities.

Izyan
05-22-2008, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=wth1257;947561]

Yes

Firstly, in most instances the atrocities did not receive due coverage in the American media, but more importantly we were not actively funding any of the regimes commiting the atrocities you mentioned.

The question of weather Americans would be willing to send their forces into a foreign land to forceable stop atrocities in distant lands is entirely different from weather Americans would be willing to stop funding the regime commiting atrocities.
Ok how long did it take the US to tell Israel to knock it off in Lebanon? They leveled the placce.

Muslim Woman
05-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Salaam/peace;

to wipe out the whole nation , I guess they need to use Nuke ?? But as neighbour , nuke will harm them , too.

By using bullet , bomb ....it will take much time & strength to wipe out a whole nation. Also , as the sis pointed out , the Israel Army is not that powerful as we are told. The Lebanon war is a good example of it.

Keltoi
05-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Israel "could" wipe out the Palestinians, but the end result would be a little more than simply losing U.S. support. Israel only has two concrete allies on the U.N. security council and probably not much more than that in the General Assembly. The result would be Israel being coined a "rogue nation". Rightly so of course. The U.S. isn't dependant upon Israel for much of anything besides intelligence and certain anti-insurgent techniques they have developed over the years. I also think most people would be surprised how many people inside of Israel would oppose any such action on the part of their government.

Muslim Woman
05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
..... most people would be surprised how many people inside of Israel would oppose any such action on the part of their government.
yes , many Jews are against the Zionists...Thanks God.

arabianprincess
05-26-2008, 04:16 AM
hmmmmmm losing n also losin there lives obviously .. compare to the other side.. they dont care,, well thats how i see it.. plus if they do that i believe arab will unite n that wont be a pretty picture for them... they always say never keep arab/ muslims united cuz they will be a threat salamz

Keltoi
05-26-2008, 11:10 AM
hmmmmmm losing n also losin there lives obviously .. compare to the other side.. they dont care,, well thats how i see it.. plus if they do that i believe arab will unite n that wont be a pretty picture for them... they always say never keep arab/ muslims united cuz they will be a threat salamz
There aren't any Arab states that can threaten Israel militarily at this point, and even if they unite it would more than likely be more of a fiasco than the 1967 war.

In any event, Israel has no intention of killing all Palestinians so the subject is pointless.

arabianprincess
05-27-2008, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
There aren't any Arab states that can threaten Israel militarily at this point, and even if they unite it would more than likely be more of a fiasco than the 1967 war.

In any event, Israel has no intention of killing all Palestinians so the subject is pointless.
that wat they make u believe.. anywayz... peace

Muslim Woman
05-30-2008, 10:48 AM

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1211954040966&ampssbinarytrue -

My message to the international community is that our silence and complicity, especially on the situation in Gaza, shames us all," Tutu said. (Reuters Photo)

......Israel has been mounting air strikes on the Strip since last February.

In March, a deadly ground and air offensive killed more than 125 people in a week, including more than 20 children, toddlers and newborn babies.

Muslim Woman
06-02-2008, 05:38 PM

Holocaust in Gaza

Satellite?blobcolurldata&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableMungoBlobs&ampblobwhere1205218673446&ampssbinarytrue -

"I'd like to beg all viewers to spread this image anywhere, as a way to expose Israeli war crimes against Palestinians.

Use it on T-shirts, posters, banners; reproduce it in zines, papers, magazines; and make it visible everywhere.
Thank you in the name of every suffering Palestinian."

Carlos Latuff

To see Latuff's Gaza Holocaust Cartoons, click here.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/M...caust/01.shtml

Izyan
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM

Holocaust in Gaza

"I'd like to beg all viewers to spread this image anywhere, as a way to expose Israeli war crimes against Palestinians.

Use it on T-shirts, posters, banners; reproduce it in zines, papers, magazines; and make it visible everywhere.
Thank you in the name of every suffering Palestinian."

Carlos Latuff

To see Latuff's Gaza Holocaust Cartoons, click here.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/M...caust/01.shtml

This is tastless. If it was a picture of a Pal blowing up a birthday party you'd be up in arms.

Muslim Woman
06-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Even the sea is under siege: Hijacked Gaza Summer

Muslim Woman
06-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Salaam/peace;

This is tastless. If it was a picture of a Pal blowing up a birthday party you'd be up in arms.

....... whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men.....( holy Quran ; chapter 5 , verse 32)

Amadeus85
06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
If this waht is hapenning in Gaza is Holocaust then how we should call this what hapenned in Darfur?

aadil77
06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
If this waht is hapenning in Gaza is Holocaust then how we should call this what hapenned in Darfur?
genocide?

Amadeus85
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
genocide?
Genocide= Holocaust.

Fishman
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Genocide= Holocaust.
Nope.

The Holocaust was indeed a genocide, but not every genocide is a Holocaust. There has only been one genocide which exhibited such detatched, industrial death, and on such a scale.

In Darfur the people are massacred by millitary raids in a medieval fashion, razing villages, pillaging and salting the earth. The anger and carnage of war feed these attrocities.
But in the Holocaust, millions of people were kidnapped, worked to death, gassed and burned in a mechanical, emotionless fashion, like things on a production line. This was not the work of some men who had been driven mad by battle, everything was calculated on paper first, all the logistics, transport, profits made. :cry:

snakelegs
06-02-2008, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Nope.

The Holocaust was indeed a genocide, but not every genocide is a Holocaust. There has only been one genocide which exhibited such detatched, industrial death, and on such a scale.

In Darfur the people are massacred by millitary raids in a medieval fashion, razing villages, pillaging and salting the earth. The anger and carnage of war feed these attrocities.
But in the Holocaust, millions of people were kidnapped, worked to death, gassed and burned in a mechanical, emotionless fashion, like things on a production line. This was not the work of some men who had been driven mad by battle, everything was calculated on paper first, all the logistics, transport, profits made. :cry:
true - and that is why it is so unthinkably horrific.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.