/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Somebody, Everybody, Anybody and Nobody

'Abd al-Baari
03-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

That's Not My Job
Author: Unknown

This is a story told about four people named, Somebody, Everybody, Anybody and Nobody. There was one important job to be done.
Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about it because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it. Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.
It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Something to reflect upon?

WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
03-25-2008, 10:05 AM
hahaha
i got cunfused a bit but i read it again. n i got it

Ummu Sufyaan
03-25-2008, 10:20 AM
:sl:
confusing, but makes sense. if this for the montly newsletter,at your madrassah...

------
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
:salamext:

Right say that again in ENGLISH

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
wow.....I got lost. but it is interesting ^_^

Ummu Sufyaan
03-27-2008, 10:12 AM
theres a good lesson in it, i think. stop reliying on people ot get things going. take matters into your own hands. dosnt mean you can be a control freak though.

Ebtisweetsam
03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Somebody, Everybody, Anybody..... Help! Sheesh, there's Nobody!

'Abd al-Baari
03-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh

stop reliying on people ot get things going. take matters into your own hands.
Yup thats basicly the message of the 'story'

if this for the montly newsletter,at your madrassah...
It could be, but i think it would be too complicated, especially for the kids..

:w:

------
03-27-2008, 11:36 AM

Right say that again in ENGLISH
??

'Abd al-Baari
03-27-2008, 11:41 AM

Ermm basically say that there is a classroom of kids, and the teacher comes in and tells them to do something, anybody can do this job, but they all think that somebody else will do it, that way nobody actually does the job, and so everybody is blamed..

Hope that dosen't complicate things more..

------
03-27-2008, 11:48 AM

^ Now thats the english I'm talking about. JazaakAllaah Khayr lol i get it now!!

Souljette
03-27-2008, 02:41 PM
hahahahaj wowwww i got it :D:D

Ali.
03-27-2008, 02:55 PM

Pretty beneficial message there:thumbs_up

Ali.
03-27-2008, 02:56 PM
EDIT:

^

Gah, double post sorry.

Khayal
03-27-2008, 05:48 PM

So true! thanks.

Al-Zaara
03-27-2008, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Umayr

Ermm basically say that there is a classroom of kids, and the teacher comes in and tells them to do something, anybody can do this job, but they all think that somebody else will do it, that way nobody actually does the job, and so everybody is blamed..

Hope that dosen't complicate things more..

But it said everybody blamed somebody.. That could be understood 1) Every one of them got blamed by someone or 2), the way I thought, everybody blamed one person or a few more (i e there's always someone/some who get all the blame by the majority)... Right?

I love that story. :-[

'Abd al-Baari
03-27-2008, 06:13 PM

Okay, that just confused me^ :-[

Al-Zaara
03-27-2008, 06:25 PM

Okay, that just confused me^ :-[

Aleykum selam,

Haha.. I'm so sorry! I confused myself too. :-[

You said and I quote "and so everybody is blamed.." but I understood it as following, due to the last line in the story;

Everybody blamed somebody, the majority blamed somebody... That there is one person who gets the blame by everybody. As it usually becomes in reality, one weak person gets all the blame.

My thinking is too complicated lol.

'Abd al-Baari
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Okay that kind of makes sense actually :D Jazaakillah Khayr!

My thinking is too complicated lol.
;D lol true, keep your thinking simple, and life will stay simple! Or so someone said to me..

'Abd al-Baari
03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Repeat Post! :(

Al-Zaara
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM

Okay that kind of makes sense actually :D Jazaakillah Khayr!
Aleykum selam,

Oh, thank goodness! ;D Wa iyyak.

;D lol true, keep your thinking simple, and life will stay simple! Or so someone said to me..

lol I have been told the same, but it wasn't about keeping life simple but prevent one's hair from getting grey, 'cuz I had as a child, I was about 12, some silver strings in the hair and they said it's my fault for thinking too much. :skeleton: Heh.

Uthman
03-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Haha...my mother told me that story when I was little. I never understood it fully to be honest. And then in high school, I remembered it and wrote it down in my planner. Somebody else saw it and copied it. And then it became a kind of craze. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!