/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which One Are You?

FatimaAsSideqah
03-26-2008, 12:04 AM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

The Prophet salAllahu 'alayhi wassalam said:

“There are only four kinds of people in this world:

• (The first is) a slave whom Allah has blessed with wealth and knowledge, and he fears Allah with regard to them, and uses them to uphold family ties, and acknowledges the rights that Allah has over them. He has the highest status.
  • (The second is) a slave to whom Allah has given knowledge, but not wealth. His intention is sincere, and he says, ‘If only I had wealth, I would do (good deeds) like so-and-so (the first slave).’ He will be rewarded according to his intention, so their reward will be equal.
  • (The third is) a slave to whom Allah has given wealth, but not knowledge. He spends his money aimlessly, neither fearing Allah with regard to it nor using it to uphold family ties nor acknowledging the rights that Allah has over it. He has the lowest status.
  • (The fourth is) a slave to whom Allah has given neither wealth nor money. He says, ‘If only I had wealth, I would do (bad deeds) like so-and-so (the third slave). He will be punished according to his intention, so their burden of sin will be equal.”

(Reported by Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi, and classed as sahih in Al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/9).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 09:39 PM
*bump*

Na7lah
03-29-2008, 09:54 PM
(The second is) a slave to whom Allah has given knowledge, but not wealth. His intention is sincere, and he says, ‘If only I had wealth, I would do (good deeds) like so-and-so (the first slave).’ He will be rewarded according to his intention, so their reward will be equal.

i think i'm more of this one :)

FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 10:00 PM
The second one is which I am now, but I will trying to do to follow the first one, Insha'Allah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
(The first is) a slave whom Allah has blessed with wealth and knowledge, and he fears Allah with regard to them, and uses them to uphold family ties, and acknowledges the rights that Allah has over them. He has the highest status

~ Sabr ~
05-08-2012, 08:06 AM
:bump:

AhlaamBella
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah
(The second is) a slave to whom Allah has given knowledge, but not wealth. His intention is sincere, and he says, ‘If only I had wealth, I would do (good deeds) like so-and-so (the first slave).’ He will be rewarded according to his intention, so their reward will be equal.
Makes me feel guilty for pining over the Galaxy Note.... :hiding:

JazakAllah for this; it's made me re-assess a few things :)

Periwinkle18
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM
i guess im a mixture of the first and second one...

True-blue
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
:bism:

I have neither wealth nor money, but I am not the fourth one!

IslamicRevival
05-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Hard to say, Allah knows best.

Ramadan90
05-08-2012, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by True-blue
:bism:

I have neither wealth nor money, but I am not the fourth one!

Who Am I?
05-08-2012, 05:35 PM
I think maybe I am a hybrid mixture of all of those at various times in my life.

Of COURSE I have to be the one who doesn't fit into any category... :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!