/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Procrastinating

Uthman
03-26-2008, 06:12 PM
:sl:

I suspect that I'm not the only member around here who procrastinates a lot when I should be doing homework. I'm doing it right now. :)

Does anybody else want to own up to doing it? It is a serious thing at the end of the day because it could ultimately mean the difference between several grades when it comes to our exams.

So what can be done about it?

:w:

P.S. Definitions of procrastination on the Web:

• to put off intentionally and habitually.

• the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time
  • dilatoriness: slowness as a consequence of not getting around to it

• Procrastination is the deferment or avoidance of an action or task to a later time and is often linked to perfectionism. ...

• "Procrastination" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season two.

:X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
-Elle-
03-27-2008, 01:35 AM
I was wondering if someone would ever create a thread about procrastination...
mwah ha ha ha ha.

lol.

I am the QUEEN of procrastination...haha.(not that im proud of that or anything...*cough*cough*.)

No in all honesty(and seriousness:)) I don't think that procrastinating can truly affect your grades....we all need a break sometimes,I mean,maybe some people can work work work non-stop...then relax;but I think for the most part,people(like me),need to take breaks(not endless ones) between tasks,just to get refreshed a bit.

amille40
03-27-2008, 02:55 AM
I feel like there is a difference between people who call themselves procrastinators (like myself), and people who truly have a problem with it.

All of us who know we are putting something off end up getting it done in the end because we are aware of what we are doing.

I think someone who truly procrastinated wouldnt be aware that they are constantly putting an action off, and risking never getting it done or to their satisfaction.

Just my 2 cents.

Uthman
03-27-2008, 07:58 AM

Thanks for the replies. I would say that for me, it is a problem. Since my Easter holidays started (last Thursday), I have only done three quarters of an essay. And I have got looooads of other homework to do. But I just find myself on LI; because that's where I want to be.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
03-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Wa'alaykum Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
I don't think that procrastinating can truly affect your grades....we all need a break sometimes,I mean,maybe some people can work work work non-stop...then relax;but I think for the most part,people(like me),need to take breaks(not endless ones) between tasks,just to get refreshed a bit.
Yeah but that just sounds like taking a break from studies, and we all need that. Procrastination is well different from taking the odd break here and there - which everyone is advised to do when studying. If we check the definitions the Brother gave, one of them is: "putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time" ... and therefore when handing in some work, it might not be the best we could've done! Or when it comes to revision, someone might revise the night before the exam! :omg: And that surely does affect grades, bigtime!

And by the way Bro, I am a bigggg procrastinator! I actually done last and this years A-Level English literature coursework on the actual day it was due in!!! :skeleton: I paid for it last year, though this year the grade was much better lol.

As to what you can do about it??? There's no way other than to just sit down and do the work! No matter how boring it may be... :exhausted+o( You want those grades, you work! :D:p

And check this site out, I found it really helpful, you might too (though it's mainly on the topic of revision): http://www.videojug.com/interview/revision-planning-2

------
03-27-2008, 10:34 AM
:salamext:

2 things:

1) think about ur grades, and ur future, surely u want to get a decent paid job?

2) get ur account disabled on LI for a certain period of time (not that i'm encouraging you) :X, that way u wont be able to post, and will get on with your homework?

no? yes? right then. thats sorted :D

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
assalamu alaikum

i once heard the biggest cause of the people entering jahannam is procrastination :| so it doesnt only affect exams akhee :-#

Nájlá
03-27-2008, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Thanks for the replies. I would say that for me, it is a problem. Since my Easter holidays started (last Thursday), I have only done three quarters of an essay. And I have got looooads of other homework to do. But I just find myself on LI; because that's where I want to be.

at least you got something done not like me. i have got textile, art and r.e and i havnt even opend them and my easter holidays is nearly finshed i bet got and do my work

Ummu Sufyaan
03-27-2008, 11:04 AM
buckle down and get back to work people!!! not that i can talk

Al-Zaara
03-27-2008, 06:18 PM

Selam aleykum brother,

I for one have a big problem with it too, and not 'cause I'm on LI, but I do other things, anything else than what I'm suppoused to do! And then, I gotta hurry. Though I have sometimes experienced that I do better in projects and essays when I am in hurry, weirdly enough. I guess it's 'cause I have no toher choice than to get by brain online and do it, otherwise I'm doomed! There's my motivation. 'Life or death' - like. lol

I guess at the end of the day, it all comes down to how good you can motivate yourself, or 'psych out'. Maybe you think you've got so much to do and it feels overwhelming.. Yet there will come a moment you cannot do anything else than simply get things done, you'll come to the end-stop. Fast or slowly, it's up to you and your time-table.

After one has gone through this kind of difficult situation, he/she will pull oneself together and for a period of time do things on time and accurately.. But again, it will be easy to fall into the same trap again, 'cause we're just such easy victims and lazy/weak.

You gotta make school your priority, study regulary and organization.

Time management skills boil down to awareness, organization and commitment. You need to become aware of and record everything you're doing so that important things get done on time and nothing has a chance to sneak up on you. You also need to commit to keeping your schedule, and not wandering off when something more momentarily interesting occurs.

Why do Students Procrastinate?

• Poor Time Management.
  • Difficulty Concentrating.
  • Fear and Anxiety.
  • Negative Beliefs.
  • Personal problems.
  • Finding the Task Boring.
  • Unrealistic Expectations and Perfectionism.
  • Fear of Failure.
How to Overcome Procrastination

• Recognize self-defeating problems.
  • Identify your own goals, strengths and weaknesses, values and priorities.
  • Compare your actions with the values you feel you have. Are your values consistent with your actions?
  • Discipline yourself to use time wisely: Set priorities.
  • Study in small blocks instead of long time periods.
  • Motivate yourself to study: Dwell on success, not on failure.
  • Set realistic goals.
  • Modify your environment.
Source

Uthman
03-27-2008, 06:37 PM

Thank you sister Al-Zaara. That helps a lot.

crayon
03-27-2008, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
I was wondering if someone would ever create a thread about procrastination...
I was going to, but kept putting it off... ;)

Uthman
03-27-2008, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I was going to, but kept putting it off... ;)

snakelegs
03-27-2008, 08:19 PM
long ago i bought a book on overcoming procrastination, but i never got around to reading it! (no joke - true!)
seriously, i think when you're in the midst of depression, you tend to procrastinate more - at least i did. sometimes i would procrastinate doing some necessary work so long that i would be more exhausted than if i had just done it then and there.

aminahjaan
03-27-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm a proud procrastinator lol

Uthman
03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks for your posts.

I think I'll give a proper reply tomorrow.

Shut up Osman. That's so lame now.

Woodrow
03-27-2008, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
long ago i bought a book on overcoming procrastination, but i never got around to reading it! (no joke - true!)
seriously, i think when you're in the midst of depression, you tend to procrastinate more - at least i did. sometimes i would procrastinate doing some necessary work so long that i would be more exhausted than if i had just done it then and there.
It is true procrastination is often caused by depression. A depressed person has absolutely no incentive to complete anything. They become totaly eshausted before even starting. the intent to do is there and the plans are there. It is just too exhausting to take the first step to complete a task.

when procrastination is caused by depression, the first step needs to be to eliminate the depression. this may often require medical help.

-Elle-
03-27-2008, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Wa'alaykum Salaam

Yeah but that just sounds like taking a break from studies, and we all need that.
woups,I guess my post did sort of sound like that,but

If we check the definitions the Brother gave, one of them is: "putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time" ... and therefore when handing in some work, it might not be the best we could've done!
this is what I meant:).What I meant by"taking breaks here and there" is when you have a certain amount of work,you some of it(ex:you do your sciences..)but put off your,let's say,an english essay,until the last second(until the day before it's due).

Anyway,
I really try sometimes to do the work the day it's assigned...but a few things here...and a couple of things there...and I realise that the work has not been touched.Time flies by these days.I remember reading that that's a sign of the approaching day of Judgement.
:?

------
03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks for your posts.

I think I'll give a proper reply tomorrow.

Shut up Osman. That's so lame now.

:lol: ROFL haha....

'Abd al-Baari
03-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah,

You know procrastinating can be a good thing, i usually tend to find that work that is done last minute is better than work that you spend ages doing...What do you think? :D

Uthman
03-28-2008, 06:37 PM

That's interesting. Alhamdulillah, I somehow manage to get pleasing grades with a minimal amount of work and revision. But, I know for a fact that I am capable of much more. And procrastination is the issue.

It also means that I have to stay up until really late at night doing last minute work, which knocks my sleep patterns completely out of balance. Getting a decent amount of sleep is important, from a health perspective.

Also, I love my beauty sleep.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-28-2008, 06:39 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Stop Procrastinating

• Recognize that procrastination stems from habit. New habits will be needed, and these take time and commitment to develop.
  • Harold Taylor defines procrastination as the intentional and habitual postponement of an important task that should be done now.
  • Understand the cause for procrastination, then develop strategies to fix it.
  • Recognize the difference between an appropriate decision to delay, and an irrational postponement without justification.
  • Fix procrastination by working on a) tasks and b) your environment:

TASK STRATEGIES

Unpleasant tasks

• Unpleasant tasks rarely turn out to be as bad as you think.
  • Complete these tasks first. Schedule them for early in the day. Give yourself a reward for doing them.

Complex Projects
  • Something looms ahead of you: starting a small business, getting a job, preparing the annual budget. The job is too big or will take too long to do now, so you put it off.
  • Break large jobs into smaller, more manageable tasks. Plan and complete a start-up task, no matter how small.
  • Indecision
  • People delay because they can't make up their minds.
  • Determine a time for making a decision and the criteria for making it. Share your deadline with someone else.

Fear of failure (lack of self confidence)
  • People don't want to face the consequences of failure, so they delay. (Some people suffer from fear of success too!)
  • Develop a clear mental picture of the completed task and how you will feel at that time. Maintain a focus on the end result, not just the process. Remind yourself how good you'll feel when you're finished.

Lack of interest
  • You are tired or lazy. You're just not very interested in the task.
  • Reward yourself for accomplishments. Go out for special lunches when major projects are completed. If you don't earn the reward, don't take it.
  • Schedule the task for when you will be at your peak.

Perfectionism
  • People delay because they want to get the project perfect.
  • Set deadlines for yourself. Tell other people your deadlines and encourage them to check up on you.
  • Maintain your high standards, but recognize that sometimes 80% for you may well be 100% for someone else. Don't spend hours conducting a detailed cost breakdown when a rough estimate would suffice.

Hostility towards a boss
  • People delay because they don't like the person who assigned the task.
  • Review with your boss what exactly is needed. Clarify the expectations.
  • Make a game out of unpleasant tasks. Give yourself points, or do a running commentary on yourself as you do the task.

Distraction, lack of focus
  • Sometimes losing concentration causes delays.
  • Create a to-do list with priorities.
  • Block your time for projects.
  • As you get distracted from a work project, make a rule that you are not allowed to move out of your chair, make a call, surf the net, pick up a book etc. until you return to your task.
  • Complete something. Make a very small task for yourself and finish it. Very small. Then, make another one.

ENVIRONMENT STRATEGIES
  • Tailor your environment for work. Close your door, clean up the clutter on your desk.
  • Remove distractions such as water coolers, snacks, in-boxes, coffee machines and magazine racks.
  • If you work at home, treat your office as an office. Don't go out to lunch before lunchtime or watch television before the end of the day.
  • Tell your family that you are not to be disturbed in your home office.

http://www.getmoredone.com/tips2.html

'Abd al-Baari
03-28-2008, 07:05 PM

I somehow manage to get pleasing grades with a minimal amount of work and revision. But, I know for a fact that I am capable of much more. And procrastination is the issue.
I could say the exact same thing! lol

JizakAllah Khayr for the tips ukhtee!^

Uthman
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
JazakAllaah Khayr sister RighteousLady. That's a really good article!

DAWUD_adnan
03-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Man, this was troubling me for so long, I haven't been on Islamicboard for like 7/9 months, and the moment I log back in, the answer is here.

Its been troubeling me to point that I promised myself I would go Rambo on ALL of my course work, Uni is just so hard ( negativity something ubiquous). Long nights of No sleep, took their toll on me.

I was once so motivated and hard working, but now I feel like I am the lowest of all creation, subhanAllah the tests are everywhere and get harder as we grow. I figured though that I can only go up from where I am now.

Plus the pressures of getting a car, well that's another one lol.

SubhanAllah though, I got my mind around finally today, and I made myself a promise of making tommorow, a day of Only Allah. Only doing things benefiting me, see how that goes, and if it works out, everyday will be like that.

May Allah Bless you Brothers and Sisters for always saying the right thing, May Allah Save us from Procrastination, Wallahi it is not the way of the Sahabah. RasulAllah salAllahu Aleyhi Wa Salam would not be proud of us if he saw us today.

We are the muslims, the angels were made to prostrate in front of Adam, The Honour Allah has given us Muslims. To throw that away is like blowing our blessings away like dust in the palm of our hands..Once gone, there can be no getting back.

Muslims are the best of creatures, let us make the world realize that. Let them see that when we muslims actually work, we are the best. Whether that be on academic grounds or etiquettes (?). Show your whole class that you are better then any one of them. Allah gave you 24 hours a day, so you can achieve 24 different things every day, and you still got a week and 2 days, my maths is crap but that's like 240 hours, 240 different chances.

Remember, never will Allah change a peoples condition, until they change what is within themselves. Lets win from shaitaan, there is nothing to fear, only gain. Once you realize that, then you have defeated your enemy/procrastination( for now lol).

I pray we all get rid of this evil, may Allah accept it from you and me.

JazakAllah Khair to each and everyone of you.

And I'm glad to be back :)

Ummu Sufyaan
03-29-2008, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Umayr
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah,

You know procrastinating can be a good thing, i usually tend to find that work that is done last minute is better than work that you spend ages doing...What do you think? :D

I think your being way too confident
I go through phases of procastinating. sometimes i can be bad, but then ill go through this phase were ill get so fed up with getting nothing accomplished, that would be my motivation to kill the habit...

Woodrow
03-29-2008, 02:47 PM
some procrastination is normal, we all try to delay doing what is unpleasant and have an desire that if we can avoid doing it, the need to do it will go away. However, procrastinating becomes a problem when it is interfers with our duties and or quality of life.

There have been some excellent suggestions on how to get out of the procrastination cycle. but, none of them will work until we make the concious effort to apply them to our own lives.

Uthman
03-31-2008, 12:20 PM
I like totally added a poll.

Al-Zaara
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
I like totally added a poll.
That's like so teeny.

------
03-31-2008, 06:46 PM

Bro u need to get ur work done ! GO!

Uthman
03-31-2008, 07:05 PM
It's ok, I'm doing it!

Ali.
03-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Hmm... Probably not. I don't find LI that interesting, not interesting enough to evade an essay anyway. Sometimes I do essays while signed onto MSN, though it's easy to lose concentration that way so I do try and avoid it. The best way to do something is do it, then have all your entertainment afterwards.

Your easter started last thursday? :shocked: Same! I also have an essay to write, I'm saving it 'till wednesday because the teacher insisted on this being a short essay; 2 pages max. Man was I glad to hear that.

Do you go to high school bro'?

------
03-31-2008, 07:14 PM

And the answer to your poll, YES << had to be capitalised!!

Uthman
03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
the teacher insisted on this being a short essay; 2 pages max. Man was I glad to hear that.
Probably because they don't want to do too much marking. :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Do you go to high school bro'?
College. :)

------
03-31-2008, 07:24 PM

YES << had to be capitalised!!
and its not my fault!! it happens!! :(... :D

Ali.
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Probably because they don't want to do too much marking. :D

College. :)
True..

Ah, ok :)

BlackMamba
04-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Ima procrastinator and its not hurting me too badly. I think my work is better quality when I do it at the last minute cuz then I know that I have to give it all I got. But if I do stuff ahead of time, then I dont go all out cuz I know that ill have more time later. Im happy with the grades Im getting, but I kno if I didnt cram all the time, Id have a better understanding of science math vocab etc. Because when I cram for a test, I forget 95% of the info the day after the test.

Uthman
04-02-2008, 07:36 AM
The poll isn't looking great, is it. :X

Ummu Sufyaan
04-02-2008, 07:44 AM
maybe people are just too proud to admit it...
ps what does TM mean :?

------
04-02-2008, 08:21 AM

^ TM = Trademark

------
04-02-2008, 08:22 AM
The poll isn't looking great, is it. :X

LI has so much barakah in it, people just don't want to leave... Alhamdulillaah :)

Woodrow
04-02-2008, 08:26 AM
I voted yes, because I just realized I've been procrastinating about being a procrastinator.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-02-2008, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

^ TM = Trademark
o, i thought so....well, can i delete my vote, 'cos im a procrastinator,but definatley not a TM one...

Al-Zaara
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
He has disabled his account now, inshaAllah, let's make dua for our young brother Osman.

Selam aleykum.

muslimah_online
04-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Did Osman disable his account bcoz of his problem in procrastination?

Ummu Sufyaan
04-09-2008, 08:09 AM
^ lol.. i wsa thinking the same thing

snakelegs
04-09-2008, 08:14 AM
yes:

i hope it is just temporary.

------
04-09-2008, 08:16 AM

Brother Osman will be back in June inshaaAllaah. He disabled his account so he could get on with revising for his exams. Please pray that his exams go ok. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

muslimah_online
04-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Ameen.. i hope so for him. He's actually helping himself.. Good for him.. Alhamdulillah

Ummu Sufyaan
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Brother Osman will be back in June inshaaAllaah. He disabled his account so he could get on with revising for his exams. Please pray that his exams go ok. Jazaak Allaah Khayr.
it takes two months to study for exams :?

------
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM

^ He has coursework as well...and I remember him saying he was behind in some work. Allaahu Aalim, just make dua for him inshaaAllaah.

Firefly Baraka
04-09-2008, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah

it takes two months to study for exams :?

and i have only two weeks left :skeleton:

TrueStranger
04-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I have a math homework to do, yet I am here, I have a test coming up yet I am here, and I have a paper due, and I am still here, and on top of that I have the audacity to get a job.

But then again I am a person who works under pressure. It is like an addiction. You work so hard, concentrate only on one thing, everything disappears, time is ticking…ticking…ticking, your pupils get dilated, you’re multitasking, you head starts to hurt, your arm starts to hurt, you gather al your energy, and then you are finished, you let out a deep breathe, your shoulders feel light, and you feel a deep sense of relief and you go to sleep knowing you have finished everything.

That my friends is a feeling I am used. :-[

.: Jannati :.
04-21-2008, 10:55 PM
at this moment nd time, i soo am procrastinatin oh my Allah! time just zooms by u aint got a clue when the next minutes jus gone! :blind::exhausted soo stressed!!! but i dont like gettin worked up, only makes things worse :phew

Al-Zaara
05-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Not a procrastinator anymore, elhamdulillah. :D

I do now my schoolworks about 2 weeks before the deadlines and I have studied daily over 8 hrs straight for the exams in 2 months time (execluding the normal 2-3 hrs daily study 4 months before) and I have elhamdulillah already succeeded in 3 of them with straight A's. 5 more to go, lol.

:statisfie

Intisar
05-25-2008, 06:53 PM
:sl: I don't really ''procrastinate'' perse, but I'm one of those people that gets things done better when they're under pressure. Now at school, I have like a ''spare'' period where I have no class (in the States it's probably called study hall) and that's where I get a lot of my work done. I have a test tomorrow, but I'm going to study a little bit today and the rest tomorrow. It's not really that hard, it's more straight forward and easy and you can make up an answer.

Mikayeel
05-30-2008, 12:36 AM
ahhhh am in the revision of exams!! They are next week.... I haven't started on time!

If i started 3 weeks earlia, i wud of had a flying A.... I guess a B will do :(

medlink student
05-30-2008, 12:49 AM
nice thread. i voted yes :statisfie

medlink student
05-30-2008, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar
ahhhh am in the revision of exams!! They are next week.... I haven't started on time!

If i started 3 weeks earlia, i wud of had a flying A.... I guess a B will do :(

“If anything befalls you, do not say, ‘If only I had done such and such.’ Rather say, ‘Qadar Allaah wa maa sha’a kaan (the decree of Allaah and what He wills happened),’ for saying ‘if only’ opens the door for the Shaytaan.” (Saheeh Muslim, and the first part of this hadeeth was mentioned above).

“Verily, Allaah loves those who put their trust in Him.” [Surah Aali ‘Imraan: 159]
:statisfie :w:

Mikayeel
05-30-2008, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by o.elmais
“If anything befalls you, do not say, ‘If only I had done such and such.’ Rather say, ‘Qadar Allaah wa maa sha’a kaan (the decree of Allaah and what He wills happened),’ for saying ‘if only’ opens the door for the Shaytaan.” (Saheeh Muslim, and the first part of this hadeeth was mentioned above).

“Verily, Allaah loves those who put their trust in Him.” [Surah Aali ‘Imraan: 159]
:statisfie :w:
jazaakAllah khair bro for dis very much needed reminder:)

.: Jannati :.
05-30-2008, 11:27 AM
I can ditto that, my exams are next week..started revising..todayish properly :/

------
05-30-2008, 11:47 AM

YES - 21
NO - 0

Hmmmm..... :mmokay:

Woodrow
05-30-2008, 04:36 PM
I will reply to this thread as soon as I get around to it,

Al-Zaara
05-30-2008, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

YES - 21
NO - 0

Hmmmm..... :mmokay:
NO - 1 :D

Uthman
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM

I'm back now. Thanks for everybody who prayed for me. Alhamdulillah. I am confident that I did my best in my exams and could not have done any better - except by Allah's grace.

I'm just eagerly awaiting the results now in August. Wow...I just read some replies to this thread...and I was actually missed! There's another result!

------
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM

Welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk broooooooooooo!

Missed you in the World Affairs section :D

Hope exams went good inshaaAllaah? [sik avvy btw]

Uthman
06-09-2008, 09:50 PM

Thank you very much sister for all your support. Have you changed your username or does my mind deceive me?

[sik avvy btw]
Well I'm a sik bro. What more do you expect?

Intisar
06-09-2008, 10:05 PM

I'm back now. Thanks for everybody who prayed for me. Alhamdulillah. I am confident that I did my best in my exams and could not have done any better - except by Allah's grace.

I'm just eagerly awaiting the results now in August. Wow...I just read some replies to this thread...and I was actually missed! There's another result!

:w: MashaaAllaah, inshaaAllaah you did really well on your exams. You're from Britain right? Never really understood their system of education.

As for me, exams start next week (Tuesday to be exact) and I should be studying but I can't be bothered to seeing as how I still have some assignments to do. Some teachers don't know what a moratorium is, but I'm not complaining. :D

Anyway, I can't wait until June 23rd when my exams are finally over and I'm a high school graduate inshaaAllaah. So far procrastinating has sort of paid off because I'm one of those people who works best under pressure, but I would never recommend it. You become very stressed, sleep deprived, and disoriented. Always prepare for things early.

BintAmjad
06-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Man this is sooooo me I procrastinate big tym. Ur so lucky bro urs are over I can't even think beyond exam period yet!!! Mine begin this thursday 'GROAN' 9killer A-level exams and I can't afford to mess up :enough!:

BintAmjad
06-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm the same sister Ameenah thing is with me it's not one of those things that i like to work under pressure its just that i keep procrastinating... cum exam tym i haven't really got a choice but i suppose it pays off in the end eh! May Allah make all of our exams easy for us Aameen

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Assalamualaykum

I'm a bit geeky to put off my Homework :D LOL

^ Ameen to the dua Brother BintAmjad and look how geeky and swotty I am, I put a capital H on homework LOL ;D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

truthforpeace
06-12-2008, 07:23 PM
yes :( insha allah I will get my studies done!

*KB*
06-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Assalamualaykum

Insha'Allah everyone with exams will do really well and get great grades :) Make dua for all.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Musaafirah
07-25-2008, 07:10 PM

That's interesting. Alhamdulillah, I somehow manage to get pleasing grades with a minimal amount of work and revision. But, I know for a fact that I am capable of much more. And procrastination is the issue.

It also means that I have to stay up until really late at night doing last minute work, which knocks my sleep patterns completely out of balance. Getting a decent amount of sleep is important, from a health perspective.

Also, I love my beauty sleep.

^^THAT'S EXACTLY LIKE ME!
Sorry, didn't mean to capitalise the whole sentence, but it seems to fit my description..I know I'm capable of more and even though I get by on better than average marks..I know in my heart of hearts I can do better..
But I get distracted easily..or sleep alot..or eat alot..
Don't get me wrong I DO pray..I just won't focus on the immediate tasks at hand..

Uthman
07-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Some great advice has been posted on this thread about how to deal with procrastination. We should take heed of this advice InshaAllah. Maybe I need to heed my own advice as well. :-[

Patience7
07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm a procastinator too:-[...i don't know, just can't do things on time and have to wait till the very last moment

inshallah i'll overcome it some day

roohani.doctor
08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
^ same, i keep tryin to overcome it but it doesn't seem to be working at all, i usually start procrastinating right before exams, but like you said inshallah we'll work it out hehe

BlackMamba
08-01-2008, 11:33 PM
I hate it but that's how I am. Like I have two summer reading books that got assigned in May and I had 3 months to read it and write essays on them. The essays are due next week and I still haven't started. I don't know why I do this

Uthman
08-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one leaving my homework for the summer holidays a bit lastminute.com.

Al-Zaara
08-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one leaving my homework for the summer holidays a bit lastminute.com.
Glad!? My friend, you should be sad.

I'd understand if one is really busy everyday during the summer, but if you really just do nothing, then this is sad. It just shows how awful we are at organizing our time and benefitting from it.

Uthman
08-02-2008, 11:32 AM
You see, I'm doing my homework at the moment. But I'm not actually "doing" it, if you know what I mean.

Al-Zaara
08-02-2008, 03:46 PM
edit :D

Woodrow
08-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Looks like nobody is getting around to posting on this thread. I'll close it when I find time to.

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!