/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims living with non Muslims

Esther462
03-26-2008, 10:26 PM
As many of you can see, I am a Muslim sister.
I've just moved into a house which I share with loads of non Muslims. I am the only Muslim in the house. I love living there and get on with everyone but I'm finding it hard to practice my faith in the house.
Is it right for me to live in a house with loads of non muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
:salamext:

*BUMP

Someone advise inshaaAllaah...

AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Well, I'm no Muslim, but as long as you can pray in your room, and you're not affected by their non-muslim ways. Don't see how it's a problem. But should you find yourself getting more attached to them, in the sense neglecting your Religion, then would be best to find another place.

Malaikah
03-28-2008, 12:38 PM
:sl:

Sister do you share this house with females only or males too? Also, in which ways do you find it hard to practise your religion?

Obviously it would not be a desirable situation, especially concerning food (halal/haram) and other things.

Perhaps if you clarify in which way you are having difficulty we might be able to help out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umu 'Isa
03-28-2008, 01:22 PM
:salamext:
sister, if it is affecting your deen/eemaan then you should move somewhere where you can practise freely and easily insha Allaah.

Silver
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Actually, I was having the same trouble too...I live in the university dorms and most of the girls here are non-muslims and my roomate is even from another country and doesn't understand much about my faith. If she was lebanese it would've be different even if she wasn't a muslim. Sometimes when i was praying the radio was on and other girls came in and out of the room so it was hard to focus when i was praying. I talked to my roomate about it and she was understanding. I still don't feel comfortable sometimes...i feel like she's staring at me because she is not used to the site of a muslim praying...but that feeling is starting to go away. U'll get used to it...

barney
04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
It dosnt sound as if your getting much flack from them, more like your self concious about it.

Relax and follow your deen. They might be self concious about getting ratted on alcopops around you. Works both ways. Chat with them and ask em if they have any beefs if your that worried.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.