/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friendly girl with questions

CuriousKatja
03-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Hello!

My name is Katja and I am here because I would like to learn more about Islam, especially about the lives of Muslims living in the West. Currently I am taking a cultural diversity class at my college and I've chosen to present information about Islam for my final project. I'd love to learn anything you want to share in order to more accurately present my final at school, and just so I have more understanding of Islam. Thank you so much!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
03-27-2008, 03:45 AM
hi there...welcome to the forums..feel free to ask ay questions, and i hope you get what your after :sunny:

Mikayeel
03-27-2008, 03:50 AM
Hello Katja(nice name) :)

I am sure u will furfill your goal here!

Welcome to LI/

Nájlá
03-27-2008, 08:49 AM
:welcome:

n feel free to ask questions

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
03-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Hello there, feel free to ask anything comes to your mind, hope you will get what you wanna know ^_^

Danah
03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Hello there, feel free to ask anything comes to your mind, hope you will get what you wanna know ^_^

barney
03-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Hai 2 U!

Welcome to teh boards!

Ebtisweetsam
03-27-2008, 09:40 AM
:welcome: to the forum. I hope you will enjoy ur stay even after you have finished your studies... Im sure you will find us a really cool bunch :hiding: LOL:D

MustafaMc
03-27-2008, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousKatja
Hello!

My name is Katja and I am here because I would like to learn more about Islam, especially about the lives of Muslims living in the West. Currently I am taking a cultural diversity class at my college and I've chosen to present information about Islam for my final project. I'd love to learn anything you want to share in order to more accurately present my final at school, and just so I have more understanding of Islam. Thank you so much!
This is a vague request. It may be helpful if you make your request more specific.

I am a revert to Islam from Christianity over 26 years ago, but did not regularly practice the religion until almost 7 years ago. I have always believed in God and the Hereafter, but my beliefs about Jesus and how to achieve salvation from the Hellfire are different from all of my family (except my wife), all of my coworkers and most of my acquaintances. The only Muslims that I see within a week are the 5 or 6 that meet for Friday prayer.

The main reasons that I did not practice Islam consistently before 2001 are 1) Islam being associated with terrorism in the media, 2) strong opposition from my Baptist family, 3) difficulty adjusting to the rigors of Islam with 5 daily prayers in Arabic and month of fasting, and 4) lack of people of a similar background (professional Caucasian American). When I hit 40 years of age, I realized my own mortality and decided that my fear of being punished for eternity was greater than the reasons stated above. I presently have a closer relationship with the few people that share my beliefs even though they are from a completely different background.

I believe in One God, Allah, who is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe and who has no parents, offspring, partner, equal, or anything comparable. I believe that it is inconceivable for Allah to become a man or to be born of a woman. I believe that Muhammad, Jesus, David, Moses, Noah, Jonah, Joseph are among the chosen Prophets of Allah. I believe that the Quran is the literal and uncorrupted Word of Allah. I believe that the books revealed by Allah to Moses, David, and Jesus have been corrupted by man. I believe in angels, including Jibrail (Gabriel) who conveyed the Quran to Muhammad. I believe that Satan is not a fallen angel (created from light), but rather a jinn (created from smokeless fire). I believe in resurrection from the dead, Judgment Day, and eternity spent in Heaven or Hell. I believe that salvation is achieved by proper belief and by obeying the Will of Allah as revealed through Prophet Muhammad. I believe in the preordainment of all that happens, including all good and all bad, is according to the Will of Allah.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-27-2008, 02:20 PM
hi

welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay! hope you benefit.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Hello Katja,

Welcome to LI Islamic Forum. You can feel free to ask anything!

Na7lah
03-28-2008, 01:20 AM
Welcome :D hope u like your stay here adn dont hesitate to ask questions :)

anatolian
03-29-2008, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I am a revert to Islam from Christianity...
salam brother.You really have a commendable story...:thumbs_up

MustafaMc
03-29-2008, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
salam brother.You really have a commendable story...:thumbs_up
Masha'Allah, brother, all praise and thanks are due to Allah who guided us to the Straight Way.

Strzelecki
03-29-2008, 07:24 AM
^ Subhan'Allah. :D

Welcome, Katja. I do hope you benefit immensely from your stay here. =]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.