/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Filling

-S-
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Had a filling yesterday on ma teeth now its killing me !!! Still pain like throbbing!

Anyone here a dentist or know the cuase of this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-27-2008, 12:07 PM
:salamext:

I don't know the cause, but take Ibuprofen - that should help ease the pain. That's what I took when teeth were paining me. Normally works in half an hour...

-S-
03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
ive taken 4 doses of paracetamol already in past 12 hours this morning had 2 at the same time killed the pain for about the hour but now its back!

------
03-27-2008, 12:11 PM

Paracetamol doesnt work as effectively as Ibuprofen bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
03-27-2008, 12:12 PM
:sl:

What a shame, tooth aches are the worst type of pain..:(

We used to have a dentist on the forums i think, but he passed away..May Allah grant him Jannah and forgive his sins..Ameen!

P.S Try Ibrupofen like Baji^ said or nurofen..Should atleast numb the pain..but you should see your dentist, because a filling dosen't normally cause pain does it:?

WaAlaykumus Salaam

-S-
03-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Ameen

Dont have any ibu will have to get it when ig et home which is another 4 hours away :O

------
03-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Dont u have a shop there or something? or ask one of ur mates at work

Ebtisweetsam
03-27-2008, 12:18 PM
This happened to me once, i think it sometimes takes about a week for the pain to go away, or you might need the root canal taken out.

-S-
03-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeh i may pop out lunchtime then

Root Canal scares me :| is it that painful i hear?

------
03-27-2008, 12:22 PM

^ kinda yeh, but it makes the pain go away in the end lol... also in UK its around £46.00 ...

Ebtisweetsam
03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Yeh i may pop out lunchtime then

Root Canal scares me :| is it that painful i hear?
Its all fine.... until the root of the problem is taken out: excruciating PAIN! And i would know: ive had 2 removed :cry:... but then complete bliss! U never would even know u had a tooth at all!

Tania
03-27-2008, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

^ kinda yeh, but it makes the pain go away in the end lol... also in UK its around £46.00 ...
I would not go for removing because i heard years ago from my dentist (at that time) the tooth will die in around 10 years . :-[
I think you have to go to clean again the place before to fill it.

Woodrow
03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Typically the cause of the pain after a filling is an exposed/swollen nerve that is touching the filling. Normally the nerve will withdraw on it's own after a day or two. Ibuprofen can speed this up as it helps reduce the swelling. If this lasts over a day or two contact the dentist. He may have to redo the filling.

Uthman
03-27-2008, 09:25 PM
:sl:

Inshaa'Allah your pain will go soon, if it hasn't already. :)

What should I do if I have toothache?

If you have toothache, seek immediate advice from your dentist before the problem becomes severe.

Pulpitis is often reversible and, once your dentist has identified and treated the problem (usually with a simple filling), the toothache will disappear. A dental abscess will require extraction of the tooth or a more complicated filling (root canal treatment ) if the tooth is to be saved.

However, the following advice may be helpful until you are able to see your dentist:

• avoid hot, cold or sweet stimuli. This will help prevent pain from pulpitis.

• if the pain is prolonged and severe, painkillers such as ibuprofen (eg Nurofen) may provide some relief. Remember even if the pain goes away, without treatment it will eventually become worse.

• if the pain is caused by exposed root surfaces, toothpaste for sensitive teeth, either used normally or rubbed onto the exposed root, may be helpful.

• a hot saltwater mouthwash (a teaspoon of salt to a cup of water) used to thoroughly rinse the painful area may help if the problem is caused by a tooth erupting.

• a saltwater mouthwash can also prevent infection if you have mouth ulcers.

• visit your dentist as soon as possible. This way any treatment will be simple.
Source

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.