/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dutch ex-Muslim producing The Life of Muhammad

Uthman
03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Former Dutch Labour Party politician Ehsan Jami, the founder of the Committee of ex-Muslims, has announced that he is producing an anti-Islamic cartoon called The Life of Muhammad which will be released on the 20th of April. The film will show a sexually aroused Prophet Muhammad with his nine-year-old wife Aisha.

Members of the Muslims and government contact organisation, CMO, who have viewed a section of the film, say they will go to court in an attempt to have The Life of Muhammad banned. The organisation has described the The Life of Muhammad as totally unacceptable and extremely offensive.

Mr Jami announced last year that he was planning to make a movie. He said the film would be shocking and even more controversial than the Danish Muhammad cartoons.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
03-29-2008, 10:32 PM
:sl:
This is disgusting and should be banned as hate speech. It serves no other purpose than to offend. The line must be drawn here. Now that the Wilders film is out, every anti-Islamic crackpot in the far-right's fascist pocket is out to see what piece of the action they can get!

If this film was produced about Jesus (peace be upon him) it would be banned (remember 'Life of Brian', which wasn't even that bad?). If this film was produced about Jews, it would be banned (or at least completely reviled and thrown away like the Protocols were). Now, I hope that the governement follows suite with this as well, or I will completely change my opinion on boycotts.

Free speech has limits. This vile publication completely and utterly crosses them.
:w:

FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 10:36 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

The film will show a sexually aroused Prophet Muhammad with his nine-year-old wife Aisha.

Oh not again! Soooo sickening! ASTAGFIRULLAH! :raging:

islamirama
03-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Looks like every fricken half brain moron who wants a little fame and money comes to attack islam.

May Allah destroy them all with severest punishment and set an example to other nazi hate mongers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Looks like every fricken half brain moron who wants a little fame and money comes to attack islam.

May Allah destroy them all with severest punishment and set an example to other nazi hate mongers.
Ameen on that!!!!

AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Islam sadly seems to be the only target currently. - Pray to Allah.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 11:09 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

"O Allah send upon them that which descends from the skies, And that which exudes from the lands, O Allah disintegrate their country"

Whatsthepoint
03-29-2008, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Islam sadly seems to be the only target currently. - Pray to Allah.
No, no, Islam is by no means the only target, it's just that an attack against Islam will very likely make it into news.

aadil77
03-29-2008, 11:25 PM

If this film goes ahead, all hell will break loose

the dutch better be advised to draw the line here, enough is enough

rabarbara2008
04-04-2008, 04:31 PM
He is now saying the cartoon will not be broadcasted as he can't pay 4 his security.

Izyan
04-04-2008, 04:38 PM
What do you find offensive? That it's a cartoon of Muhammed? That it shoes him with Aisha? Or is it that he's aroused?

Uthman
04-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Greetings Izyan,

format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
What do you find offensive? That it's a cartoon of Muhammed? That it shoes him with Aisha? Or is it that he's aroused?
I find offensive that:

a) He is depicted in the first place. There is evidence in the form of hadith to suggest that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed.

b) That it depicts him in a sexually aroused state which I deem to be disrespectful to him.

------
04-04-2008, 05:11 PM
:salamext:

He said the film would be shocking and even more controversial than the Danish Muhammad cartoons.
Oh this should be good. *sarcasm*

EDIT:

Uthman
04-04-2008, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
He said the film would be shocking and even more controversial than the Danish Muhammad cartoons.

Izyan
04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Greetings Izyan,

I find offensive that:

a) He is depicted in the first place. There is evidence in the form of hadith to suggest that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed.

b) That it depicts him in a sexually aroused state which I deem to be disrespectful to him.
Isn't Muhammed depicted in ancient Persian art? I would show you but I'm positive that isn't allowed. Muhammed was still just a man, he was not Allah.

------
04-04-2008, 05:24 PM

:salamext:

Couldn't portray it better myself.

Fishman
04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Isn't Muhammed depicted in ancient Persian art? I would show you but I'm positive that isn't allowed. Muhammed was still just a man, he was not Allah. I'm pretty sure he was aroused around all of his wives.
The Prophet (peace be upon him) was not 'just a man', he was a Prophet, a very special man! Making images of the Prophets is certainly not right! In fact many Muslims believe (to varying extents) that making images of any being with a soul is forbidden.

As for being aroused with his wives, isn't what people do alone with their wives a private thing? It is very rude to go around making films about people (I mean real people, not fictional ones like characters in comedies) being aroused, or even spreading rumours about these things by talking. If society hasn't taught you this then I am very worried about you...
And as the Prophet (peace be upon him) is a holy man that makes it even worse.

Uthman
04-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Greetings Izyan,

Thank you for your post. :)

Isn't Muhammed depicted in ancient Persian art?
Yes, it probably is. There is a difference of opinion between the scholars on the issue. Notably though, other forms of Islamic art depict him with his face veiled or some represent him symbolically.

Muhammed was still just a man, he was not Allah.
Sure, he is not Allah, although I would argue that he is more than 'just a man'. It is still arguable that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed as there is a chance of it potentially encouraging idolatry. Of course, depictions of Muhammad are more likely to encourage idolatry than depictions of other people, however slight the chance is. This goes to show what a grave sin Shirk is in Islam, as there is only a very small chance of idolatry occuring as a result.

I must make it clear that I am no expert on this issue, so I don't know what the correct ruling is. I do believe that it is at least discouraged by the majority of scholars though.

I'm pretty sure he was aroused around all of his wives.
Perhaps, but I still deem it disrespectful to depict him in this state in a cartoon, regardless.

Regards

Izyan
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
The Prophet (peace be upon him) was not 'just a man', he was a Prophet, a very special man! Making images of the Prophets is certainly not right! In fact many Muslims believe (to varying extents) that making images of any being with a soul is forbidden.

As for being aroused with his wives, isn't what people do alone with their wives a private thing? It is very rude to go around making films about people (I mean real people, not fictional ones like characters in comedies) being aroused, or even spreading rumours about these things by talking. If society hasn't taught you this then I am very worried about you...
And as the Prophet (peace be upon him) is a holy man that makes it even worse.
Muhammed was born in this world and he died in this world. He bled, he cried, he felt. He was just a man. He might have been special but in the end he was still just a man same as all the prophets. Aren't we all children of Allah? Do you think Allah would show more favor over a prophet than he would you? His walk with Allah might have been magnificent but that doesn't make him any better than you. We are all created in Allahs image. As the bible says "All men have fallen short of the glory of God". All men, ALL.

Izyan
04-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Greetings Izyan,

Thank you for your post. :)

Yes, it probably is. There is a difference of opinion between the scholars on the issue. Notably though, other forms of Islamic art depict him with his face veiled or some represent him symbolically.

Sure, he is not Allah, although I would argue that he is more than 'just a man'. It is still arguable that depictions of Muhammad are not allowed as there is a chance of it potentially encouraging idolatry. Of course, depictions of Muhammad are more likely to encourage idolatry than depictions of other people, however slight the chance is. This goes to show what a grave sin Shirk is in Islam, as there is only a very small chance of idolatry occuring as a result.

I must make it clear that I am no expert on this issue, so I don't know what the correct ruling is. I do believe that it is at least discouraged by the majority of scholars though.

Perhaps, but I still deem it disrespectful to depict him in this state in a cartoon, regardless.

Regards
Thank You for your reply Osman and I agree with all of your points.

aadil77
04-04-2008, 05:51 PM
His walk with Allah might have been magnificent but that doesn't make him any better than you.
mate, just stop here! When did he ever walk with Allah, Prophet Muhammad was the greatest creation of Allah, don't insult him by saying he was no better that us, he spread the message of islam thats more than enough to make him better than anyone ever created

Izyan
04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
mate, just stop here! When did he ever walk with Allah, Prophet Muhammad was the greatest creation of Allah, don't insult him by saying he was no better that us, he spread the message of islam thats more than enough to make him better than anyone ever created
When I say walk I mean his devotion, faith, steadfastness to the tenets of Allah. His discipline and unflenching dedication. Saying that Muhammed was Allah's greatest creation is bordering on idoltry in my eyes. Was Isa and Musa lesser prophets? Didn't they also spread the message of Islam to great heights before the holy books were "corrupted"?

Fishman
04-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Muhammed was born in this world and he died in this world. He bled, he cried, he felt. He was just a man. He might have been special but in the end he was still just a man same as all the prophets. Aren't we all children of Allah? Do you think Allah would show more favor over a prophet than he would you? His walk with Allah might have been magnificent but that doesn't make him any better than you. We are all created in Allahs image. As the bible says "All men have fallen short of the glory of God". All men, ALL.
Of couse all men fall short of the glory of God, God is infinitely greater than anybody, prophet or not. But the Prophet (peace be upon him) was not just any man as you said before. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was (according to Islamic belief, I'm not sure whether you are a Muslim as in another post I recall you claiming to be a christian) the final messenger, the final nabi, the best of Creation. As that famous English naat goes, he was Muhammad (peace be upon him), mercy for all mankind!

As for 'children of God', this is not a Muslim belief, and I don't think 'created in God's image' is either. Humans are not God's children, they are (or should be) his loving servants.

Izyan
04-04-2008, 06:04 PM
I wasborn a muslim, raised a muslim and was a practising muslim until my 20s. I then became a Christian.

aadil77
04-04-2008, 06:07 PM
When I say walk I mean his devotion, faith, steadfastness to the tenets of Allah. His discipline and unflenching dedication. Saying that Muhammed was Allah's greatest creation is bordering on idoltry in my eyes. Was Isa and Musa lesser prophets? Didn't they also spread the message of Islam to great heights before the holy books were "corrupted"?
Hold on, hold on , idolatry? No other prophet went through more hardships than our prophet Muhammad,
no other prophet did more for the muslim Ummah than our prophet Muhammad.

The Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) was the best creation of all, its a known fact

Yes prophets before did spread islam and go through hardships, they will be held high for that on the day of judgement, but not as high as the Prophet Muhammad

Izyan
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Hold on, hold on , idolatry? No other prophet went through more hardships than our prophet Muhammad,

The Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him) was the best creation of all, its a known fact

Yes prophets before did spread islam and go through hardships, they will be held high for that on the day of judgement, but not as high as the Prophet Muhammad
This is one of the reasons why I left Islam. I could not reconcile in myself how it seemed like most muslims exalted Muhammed to diety level almost on par with Allah himself. I see a lot of muslim give muhammed more praise than Allah and it didn't sit well with me.

Fishman
04-04-2008, 06:13 PM

EDIT: the other guy posted before me! Do'h! Just change that to 'the guy's post I quoted= truth.

aadil77
04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
This is one of the reasons why I left Islam. I could not reconcile in myself how it seemed like most muslims exalted Muhammed to diety level almost on par with Allah himself. I see a lot of muslim give muhammed more praise than Allah and it didn't sit well with me.
I could say the exact same about christians worshipping a prophet in churchs across the world, whilst not even mentioning the Creator himself who created him

aadil77
04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
We keep the Prophet is high esteem, but will never fall as low as you, by saying he was no better than any other person

Fishman
04-04-2008, 06:23 PM
I too feel that sometimes people don't talk about Allah enough in masjids, but I don't think that they overrate the Prophet (peace be upon him). And remember, when people read zikr, that is about remembering Allah (Allah hu!). And Salah. And dua. And a whole load of other things. And the entire basis of Islam.

Anyway, why Christianity? If the activities of Muslims got you irritated, then why go to a community which has a ton of other 'social' problems of its own? I suppose why you left is more than that for you though, am I right?

Fishman
04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
but will never fall as low as you, by saying he was no better than any other person
Unfortunately some Muslims do, astagfirullah...

Izyan
04-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I think if we continue as we are we will all be in trouble. So I say peace unto you my brother and no hard feelings.

aadil77
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I think if we continue as we are we will all be in trouble. So I say peace unto you my brother and no hard feelings.
^same here :thumbs_up

Izyan
04-04-2008, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I too feel that sometimes people don't talk about Allah enough in masjids, but I don't think that they overrate the Prophet (peace be upon him). And remember, when people read zikr, that is about remembering Allah (Allah hu!). And Salah. And dua. And a whole load of other things. And the entire basis of Islam.

Anyway, why Christianity? If the activities of Muslims got you irritated, then why go to a community which has a ton of other 'social' problems of its own? I suppose why you left is more than that for you though, am I right?
You are correct. What "social" problems do christianity have?

Fishman
04-04-2008, 06:48 PM
You are correct. What "social" problems do christianity have?
These are not problems with Christianity, but Christians:
Christians living 'unchristian' lifestyles, rampant secularism and apostacy (at least in the west) to atheism and repeated attempts to water down and liberalise Christianity to suit the needs of modern society.

To defuse allegations of bias:
In my opinion, the main problems that Muslims have are being obsessed with external enemies, the adoption of western gangsta rap culture by young people, a very prevelant victim complex and a general lack of organisation. Again, these are problems that Muslims have and not Islam as a Religion.

lyesh
04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
May Allah give them what they deserve! ameen!

No matter how hard they try... insha Allah they can never make our beliefs change!

KAding
04-04-2008, 11:21 PM
He has apparently canceled this movie after a plea from the Justice minister to not inflame emotions any further. He now says he doesn't want to drive a wedge between different communities.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-04-2008, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
He has apparently canceled this movie after a plea from the Justice minister to not inflame emotions any further. He now says he doesn't want to drive a wedge between different communities.
Alhamdulillah! Where did you heard that from?

barney
04-04-2008, 11:41 PM
I was reading a nationally sold comic called Viz recently.
I'd rather not repeat on this site what the cartoon showed Jesus doing, but it was far less respectful than Life of Brian, and much more insulting than the actions of mohammed apparently portrayed in this book.

Over 70000 people read Viz each month. They mentioned Islam once in all the years Ive read it.
One of the characters who each week visits a church and takes the micky out of christianity, decides to go to the mosque instead to "poke gentle fun at Islam".
Theres a Mosque with a smiling Imam and a woman in Hijab.
Halfway across the road, he spins around and says "on second thoughts, i'll just go to the Christian church again, I beleive there holding a Alterboy auction this week"

KAding
04-05-2008, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
Alhamdulillah! Where did you heard that from?
It was on Dutch TV and in the newspapers a couple of days ago.

Here is an English link:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...6949e0036c1729

Of course, looking at the date of the articles, the cancellation might also have been an April Fools joke :P.

barney
04-05-2008, 01:27 AM
I notice that someone posted "no other prophet suffered like Mohammed"

I know mohammed had a lot of people call him mad and reject him and laugh at him, i know that he had some assassination attempts, none of which injured him.
I know he died peacefully in his bed, the ruler of a powerful and expanding empire adored and revered by hundreds of thousands.

Jesus got laughed at, called mad, rejected, then was flogged and nailed to a cross where he hung till he died.

Just my twopenneth, but I know who's sandals i would have chosen.

Malaikah
04-05-2008, 02:02 AM
That film is just ridiculous, how low people will go!

This bothered you, and so to make things better for your self, you join a religion that makes it no secret that they worship a human being as the Son of God??

... right then.

format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I know mohammed had a lot of people call him mad and reject him and laugh at him, i know that he had some assassination attempts, none of which injured him.
I know he died peacefully in his bed, the ruler of a powerful and expanding empire adored and revered by hundreds of thousands.
This is so untrue. He was injured heaps of times! What about when he visited Taif, they chased him out of the city throwing stones at him! He was injured in battles, for 13 years him and his followers were oppressed in Makkah. He had to see his followers being tortured to death. He had camels guts thrown at him only because he prayed at the Kabba.For three years he and his people were exiled and boycotted, they had such little food that they had to eat the leaves of trees! And even when things got better and he was a powerful ruler, his household was still poor, to the extent that they would go months with nothing to eat but date and water! He went on six expeditions during which he and his followers had nothing to eat other than locusts!

Jee, talk about selective history. :exhausted

Jesus got laughed at, called mad, rejected, then was flogged and nailed to a cross where he hung till he died.
Except that he was not crucified at all.

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Right, then why plan the film in the first place? +o(

barney
04-05-2008, 02:36 AM
I read a biography of the prophet called "The Messenger", written by a muslim. It skipped the injurys from stones and also diddnt mention getting wounded in battle. Was he ever wounded? Where abouts?

I admit i havnt read up on all the battles of the prophet, but in the ones i have read, Badar, the trench etc, he was sitting in a command post away from the fighting. (I dont have a problem with that, i think it's a militarily wise move.)

I know about the intestine incident. The perpertraters were cursed by him and they ended up down a well.

I know that at times he was at times low on food and support, especially in the just post-meccan phase. I know he was exiled. I know that he preached for years without much support until after Badar.

Jesus went into the desert for 40 days and nights. Christians would argue he did die on a cross, and one roman historian writing some decades later agree he did.

If Jesus was crucified to death, then that , in my opinion only, is worse than going hungry and being laughed at.
Still your perfectly entitled to your opinion.

Malaikah
04-05-2008, 02:46 AM
I read a biography of the prophet called "The Messenger", written by a muslim. It skipped the injurys from stones and also diddnt mention getting wounded in battle. Was he ever wounded? Where abouts?
Fair enough. It was during Uhud (which happened between Badr and the Trench), his face was stuck and his teeth were injured. If I remember correctly, it was his cheek.

If Jesus was crucified to death, then that , in my opinion only, is worse than going hungry and being laughed at.
Still your perfectly entitled to your opinion.
It's a very subjective thing, of course. Anyway, I'm not here to argue which prophet suffered more - based on my limited understanding, neither of them would come first. Ayyoub (Job) suffered heaps, so did many other Prophets like Moses and Ya'qoub (Jacob/Israel). As Muslim I don't involve myselfs in arguments about Prophet X was better than Prophet Y. They are all Prophets and they all have my respect.

barney
04-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Yipes! Yeah, I totally forgot about that one! he was indeed hit by a slingshot and got a cut on his lip just after the Muslim lines collapsed and the meccan cavelry enveloped them and charged in their rear.

I agree its a bit pointless really speculating on the suffering of prophets. I agree Job was certainly put through the mill, and Daniel being chucked into a pit of lions was pretty rough.

Uthman
04-05-2008, 08:22 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
What about when he visited Taif, they chased him out of the city throwing stones at him!
He bled so much that his feet became clotted to his shoes. :cry: If only more Muslims would look at how he responded!

AvarAllahNoor
04-05-2008, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
I notice that someone posted "no other prophet suffered like Mohammed"

Just my twopenneth, but I know who's sandals i would have chosen.
That's untrue! (Jesus was one as you state)

Guru Arjan, 1563-1606

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Ji was the fifth Sikh Guru and the first Sikh martyr: he gave up his life for the Sikh Religion.

Martyrdom

Guru Arjan Dev included the compositions of both Hindu and Muslim saints which he considered consistent with the teachings of Sikhism and the Gurus.

In 1606, the Muslim Emperor Jahangir ordered that he be tortured and sentenced to death after he refused to remove all Islamic and Hindu references from the Holy book.

He was made to sit on a burning hot sheet while boiling hot sand was poured over his burnt body. After enduring five days of unrelenting torture Guru Arjan Dev was taken for a bath in the river. As thousands watched he entered the river never to be seen again. :cry:

During the torture Guru Ji, did notutter a word of pain, he sat there praying, but felt no pain, just uttered 'Tera Bana Lage Mitta' (Your Will Is Sweet To Me Lord, God) :cry:

The way in which he died changed the course of Sikhism forever.

Guru Tegh Bahadur, 1621-1675

During the reign of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb, Islam was imposed on the people. Hindu temples were demolished and turned into mosques, higher taxes were charged to non-Muslims and the Emperor persecuted those who would not conform to Islamic law.

Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur Mahraaj Sahib JI spoke out amid this persecution. He refused to convert to Islam and in 1675, he was beheaded in Delhi. :cry: The site of his execution was later turned into an important Gurdwara.

rabarbara2008
04-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Aren´t we losing the original subject here?
Discussions are nice, but what's the use of arguing who suffered more?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.