/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I knew him and now his shot

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

i only found out last week, but he got shot last boxing day. I use to spend a LOT of time with this boy in secondary, he use to be in the class next to mine so we use to see each other and joke around quite a bit. He was good at football and use to be like rivals with us (rival classes back in school)... he never seemed like a bad kid, he even had my back a few times...

subhanAllah its amazing how small the world is sometimes....

Victim's body unnoticed for a day

The 20-year-old was killed by a hooded man in a stairwell
The body of a man who was shot in the head lay in a communal garden for over 24 hours before it was discovered, police have revealed.
Dipo Seweje, 20, of Orb Street, Walworth, south-east London, was found in the garden on the Aylesbury estate in Walworth, on Friday.

He is thought to have been shot at about 1600 GMT on Boxing Day while with a friend who ran off.

Police were investigating the shooting when the body was discovered.

The pair had become separated after being shot at by a man in a hooded top in a stairwell at the flats.

Operation Trident

The friend returned home and in the early hours of 27 December he told police he had not seen Mr Seweje since the incident the previous day.

BBC correspondent Matt Prodger said some people in the community had expressed "disappointment" that it had taken police so long to find the body.

The murder is being investigated by officers from the Metropolitan Police's Operation Trident, set up to tackle crime in London's black communities.

Det Insp Andy Barton, who is leading the investigation, appealed for help from members of the public.

"At this early stage we need to establish what happened to the victim, who may have seen him and where did went before he was killed."

A man aged 18 was arrested at his home in Walworth in connection with the inquiry and released on police bail.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7165113.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Was he into drugs...?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Was he into drugs...?
not that i know of, him n his friends use to hand out with us sometimes.

but we lost contact after secondary, so i dont get it?!

it could be anything, he shoulda known better to go messing around in brixton though...

God takes whom he wills when he wills..

AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
not that i know of, him n his friends use to hand out with us sometimes.

but we lost contact after secondary, so i dont get it?!

it could be anything, he shoulda known better to go messing around in brixton though...

God takes whom he wills when he wills..
Yup, When Allah decides, our number is up. We can make any excuse.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
he wasnt muslim...

subhanAllah.

AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 03:54 PM
^ So you can't do Dua for non-muslims?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 03:56 PM
^ you can do dua for them through out their whole life that they die upon islaam worshipping Allaah truelly without associating partners with him. But if they deny it then thats that, Allaah will judge them on the day of judgement and we dont pray for them.

no, we dont pray for non-muslims after they die, we only pray for their guidance while they live...

the prophets uncle died on disbelief and he couldnt pray for him as he was reprimanded by Allah...

AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Though we believe in the concept of 'Sarbat Da Bhalla' Welfare Of All Mankind' Living or dead. Allah knows best! - He's merciful.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Though we believe in the concept of 'Sarbat Da Bhalla' Welfare Of All Mankind' Living or dead. Allah knows best! - He's merciful.
yeah Allah is all-merciful :)
BUT he is all just :D

in other words, you go rape another mans sister, mercy would be to forgive the rapist? naa.. justice would be to punish the rapist :)

AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah Allah is all-merciful :)
BUT he is all just :D

In other words, you go rape another mans sister, mercy would be to forgive the rapist? naa.. justice would be to punish the rapist :)
Defintion of punishment varies from person to person.

Though these do not compare. A person who may follow another Religion does not equate a rapist!
. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 04:28 PM
^ whoah im really sorry if it appeared that i was trying to say that :| seriously did it seem that way :O??

nah what i meant is say even if a muslim is a serial killing rapist

you gotta realise Allah is ALL merciful so he would have mercy according to how much he in his WISDOM (as he is also ALL-WISE) knows to have and dish out the punishment (as he is all JUST) as is required.

i hope you dont take me the wrong wway avar :)

AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 04:33 PM
^ Whoah im really sorry if it appeared that i was trying to say that :| seriously did it seem that way :O??

Nah what i meant is say even if a muslim is a serial killing rapist

You gotta realise Allah is ALL merciful so he would have mercy according to how much he in his WISDOM (as he is also ALL-WISE) knows to have and dish out the punishment (as he is all JUST) as is required.

I hope you dont take me the wrong wway avar :)
I get you dude. - Oh well, sadly shooting and stabbing are too common these days here in the UK! :cry:

AmarFaisal
03-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Assalamoalaikum Brother,

This is so much like what happened to me around 15 years back.

I was In college when I found out that my class fellow for the past 3-4 years in school was murdered. It was horrible. I saw his dead body in the newspaper. My friends were crying.

He was someone I had grown up with, listening to, and being so inspired by his " above average thoughts".

That incident helped me renew my Iman.

Na7lah
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
subhanallah that's sad :(

Mr. Baldy
03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
one of my best friends was shot in front of me.

its sad that everything comes down to violence, no peaceful solutions when you have a poverty stricken mind state, failed by the education system.

Subhanallah.

Umar001
03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Yea, imagine that your friend is the murderer in a scenario, thats just as scary you know.

Ebtisweetsam
03-28-2008, 09:35 PM
A friend of my brother's killed himself because everyone used to tease him and tell him he looked like Harry Potter... so he couldnt take it. It was only then that the kids at his school woke up to themselves. Then about a few weeks later, it is back to teasing a new kid, which goes to show not enough is being done these days in schools....
Hope i wasnt too off-topic here :hiding:

FatimaAsSideqah
03-28-2008, 10:10 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

So truly sad!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
i call my nephew harry potter sometimes.. but he just laughs it off

lol what happened with that kid lol

Ebtisweetsam
03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
He hung himself, and no-one knew, then they did this candle ritual thing at his school. He was into books and stuff, very very smart kid, so sad! :cry:

Na7lah
03-28-2008, 11:03 PM
^^ *shocked* he hung himself!!!

Intisar
03-28-2008, 11:03 PM
:w: Subhan Allaah, two weeks ago a brother that was very close to my dear friends, died due to being shot, and for no apparent reason at all subhan Allaah. The weirdest thing was, that he apparently went to pre-school and madrasa with me. Subhan Allaah, over 2000 people went to his janazah and it was more than emotional. You can see the video of him and his friends getting shot repeatedly by a man (which can be viewed on youtube), and they were just standing outside of their apartment complex. :cry: This is just another reminder that everyone will die! The fact of the matter is, we must remain taqwa-filled so that we die in a manner that Allaah subhana wa ta'ala will be pleased with (inshaa Allaah).

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 11:06 PM
subhanAllaah....

i dont kno what to say..

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 11:06 PM
the other day in masjid the imaam said two youths from my local area had commited suicide.....

the youth are failing...

FatimaAsSideqah
03-28-2008, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: Subhan Allaah, two weeks ago a brother that was very close to my dear friends, died due to being shot, and for no apparent reason at all subhan Allaah. The weirdest thing was, that he apparently went to pre-school and madrasa with me. Subhan Allaah, over 2000 people went to his janazah and it was more than emotional. You can see the video of him and his friends getting shot repeatedly by a man (which can be viewed on youtube), and they were just standing outside of their apartment complex. :cry: This is just another reminder that everyone will die! The fact of the matter is, we must remain taqwa-filled so that we die in a manner that Allaah subhana wa ta'ala will be pleased with (inshaa Allaah).
Subhan'Allah, so truly sad! Insha'Allah!

Ebtisweetsam
03-28-2008, 11:10 PM
the other day in masjid the imaam said two youths from my local area had commited suicide.....

the youth are failing...
People are thinking its the easy way out these days

AvarAllahNoor
03-28-2008, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
He hung himself, and no-one knew, then they did this candle ritual thing at his school. He was into books and stuff, very very smart kid, so sad! :cry:
Waheguru Waheguru!!

Nowt wrong with HP! - Thousands of kids look like him. Plenty of worse people to be compared too than HP. God rest his soul!

Ebtisweetsam
03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
My brother said, he was so smart, he was getting the best grades. Its horrible how mean kids can be!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-28-2008, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
My brother said, he was so smart, he was getting the best grades. Its horrible how mean kids can be!
you cant blame the kids.

im sure there were other factors, i mean we've all been through the teasing... and so much more.

Allah knows best

Ebtisweetsam
03-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Cops concluded reason of death was 'died due to severe teasing' lol, sounds funny put like that

Ninth_Scribe
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

i only found out last week, but he got shot last boxing day. I use to spend a LOT of time with this boy in secondary, he use to be in the class next to mine so we use to see each other and joke around quite a bit. He was good at football and use to be like rivals with us (rival classes back in school)... he never seemed like a bad kid, he even had my back a few times.
I know how this feels. I had lots of friends when I was a teen and there was this two-year sweep in time where half of them were killed by the time I reached my early 20s. Then again, in 2006 I lost many friends (from BOTH sides) because of the war in Iraq. Death has just become so close to me lately that I sometimes wonder why I have to be the one to stay on.

In the end, it doesn't matter what they didn't do right. You only remember what they did do.

The Ninth Scribe

------
03-31-2008, 07:22 PM
:salamext:

the youth are failing...
Astagfirullaah.... I think this is because nowadays there not many religious youngsters, they prefer the gangster/druggie lifestyle coz its easier without any sacrifices - but they dont think what will happen in the long run....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.