/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of the Du'aa to alleviate Grief, Distress and Anxiety

'Abd al-Baari
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuh,

Imam Ahmed, Musnad (1/391), and others reported upon the authority of Ibn Mas’ood that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alahi wa sallam) said: “No slave is afflicted with anxiety and grief, and then says:

‘O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your male slave, son of Your female slave. My forehead is in Your hand. Your judgement upon me is assured and whatever you have decreed for me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, revealed in Your Book, taught one of Your creation or which You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You that You make the Qur’aan the spring of my heart and the light of my chest, a banisher for my grief and a reliever for my anxiety.’ Except that Allaah will replace his distress and grief with joy.”

He was asked, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, should we not learn it?’ He said, “Ofcourse, whoever hears it should learn it.”

Authenticated by Shaykh Albaani in ‘as-Silsilatul Ahadeeth as-Saheehah (1/198)’ with a slightly different wording. And this wording was delcared hasan (sound) by Shaykh Ali in his checking of ‘Fawaa’id al-Fawaa’id pg. 49.

Explanation of the Du'aa to alleviate Grief, Distress and Anxiety By Abu 'Abdullaah Hasan as-Sumaalee

Download MP3 [Right-click & Save Target As]

Source: www.troid.org

WaAlaykumus Salaam Warahmatulahi Wabarakaatuh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
03-28-2008, 09:16 PM
If this is the same talk I heard, then mashaAllah it is good, had to be saved!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.