/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I commited blasphemy against Allah - can I every be forgiven for this sin?

AnonymousPoster
03-29-2008, 04:59 PM
It was a few days back that on an accident, where my expensive bicycle was nearly broken when I fell over accidently, that I let loose the most foul-mouthed words in reference to Allah (swt), at the very heat of my anger. I had never said things so blasphemous before in my whole life, and I can't believe it happened.

Now in hindsight, I am really, really struck by grief and regret that I had said that, and I have been searching books on the matter, and the internet over, of whether I can hope to seek forgiveness, or whether I am doomed in the afterlife for commiting what could posibly be the worst of sins.

Please could someone answer, and put an end to my anxiety and fear, before it becomes too much.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
03-30-2008, 06:48 AM
keep in mind that i am not a muslim.
as you know, the qur'an starts right off talking about god's mercy. this is the 1st of his attributes mentioned.
as far as i know, if you turn to him and sincerely repent, you will be forgiven.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-30-2008, 07:44 AM
:sl:
hope these links help
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=91580&ln=eng

Here we have a man who tells us that he cursed Islam whilst in a state of anger. We say to him: If your anger was so intense that you did not know what you were saying, and at that point you did not know if you were in heaven or on earth, and you said words without thinking or knowing what they were, then these words are not subject to any ruling, and you cannot be judged to be an apostate, because these words were not spoken intentionally.
If this person who spoke words of kufr in a moment of intense anger did not know what he was saying, then there is no ruling on his words, and he cannot be judged to be an apostate in this case. As he is not judged to be an apostate, his marriage to his wife is not annulled, rather she is still married to him.
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&QR=42505

barney
03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
I think its one of those, it's in the hands of allah questions matey.
It has to be a case of what do you know of your God? Is allah forgiving?
What do you feel in your heart about what you said and based on what you know of Allah, (who as mentioned above ) is described as all merciful, do you think your forgiven?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
03-30-2008, 09:07 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

The subject of repentance is one which concerns all people who believe in Allah, and is vital one for the Muslims to understand because our salvation in the hereafter is dependent on our repentance to Allah, as is shown by Allah's order: "And turn you all together in repentence to Allah O Believers, that you may be successful." [Qur'an, Chapter 24: Verse 31]

In the Noble Qur'an, Allah also tells us: "Surely Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentence and loves those who purify themselves." [Qur'an, Chapter 2: Verse 222]

This shows how pleasing our repenting is to Allah. Also, the Prophet (PBUH) gave us an example of just how pleasing to Allah our repenting is. In an authentic hadith (saying of the Prophet) he said: “"Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His servant than one of you would be, who suddenly finds his camel laden with supplies after losing it in a barren land"

Therefore, we should never lose hope or stop asking for Allah's forgiveness. Its importance is shown to us in a hadeeth in which the Prophet (PBUH)said:
"O people! Turn to Allaah in repentance and seek His forgiveness, for surely I make repentance a hundred times every day."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.