/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forcing Prayer? and more+

milkisgood
03-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Hello, I am a new member and I have just a few questions:

1 - Is it right or wrong for a man to physically and/or verbally force a women to pray and then claim it was for the sake of allah and herself?

2 - Is it right or wrong for a man to tell a female to pray? What are etiquettes for this situation?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rabarbara2008
03-30-2008, 02:33 PM
1. I wonder what's the use if someone is forced to pray... In my opinion, this is not for the sake of Allah.. but who am I?
2. I think a man call tell a woman to pray, as a reminder. Normally a man is the head of a household and he is responsable for the people in his house. But whether or not the woman responds to this and does pray, is her own responsibility.

However, this is just my own opinion and I would gladly gain some advice from brothers and sisters with more knowledge.

Intisar
04-02-2008, 03:00 AM
:sl: For the first situation, if you force a woman to pray and she does not want to, then it isn't for Allaah's sake but for yours. She's most likely only praying so that you will leave her alone, or to satisfy you to..yet, again, just leave her alone. You can't claim that it was for the sake of Allaah because it is he who guides and misguides, you can make du'a for her, try to veer her towards the right path, and tell her about the benefits of prayer but other than that there's not much that you can really do. We humans have free will, so it's her will to disobey Allaah Ta'ala (as haram as it is).

It is not wrong for a man to encourage a woman to pray. If you're married, then you should try praying with one another, and as I said before show her the benefits of prayer, why we have to pray, and the punishments of Yomul Qiyamah for it. Show her some books, tell her how much it's helped you and how much praying can increase someone's imaan and bring good into their life.

Do not force her to pray, because she will end up resenting you and she will not be doing it for the sake of Allaah. In order for 'ibadah to be accepted, it has to be for the sake of Allaah and following the sunnah, but if she's not doing it for Allaah's sake then what is she really getting out of it?

I hope that I've helped inshaa Allaah. May Allah keep us on the straight path inshaa Allaah!

mayza
04-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I was forced to pray when I was a kid. It didn't do the trick and made me not want to pray even more. That was a long time ago, and now I can't wait till I hear the adzan and prayer. Forcing someone to prayer can back fire. Plus, isn't praying not for allah a sin? Like doing ryah (sp?)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
04-05-2008, 04:27 PM
:w: Not praying fisabililah (for the sake of Allaah) can be ''shirk''. If you're not praying for your own creator and subsequently worshipping your own creator..then who are you trying to worship or please? Your husband, your wife, your mother, etc. I could go on. The fact of the matter is, there is no benefit in not praying for Allaah alone. You can encourage someone to pray, but you can't force them.

Nájlá
04-05-2008, 04:32 PM
i agree with sister ameena

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.