/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Judgment Day: Didn't beleive vs Refused to obey

Pygoscelis
03-30-2008, 02:49 AM
On judgment day before the God you believe in (Jews and Christians can answer this too), when God asks somebody if they heard the word/truth/etc are these answers equivalent or different? Will they be judged the same or differently?

"I did not hear it."

"I heard it. I did not believe it."

"I heard it. I refused to follow it."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
From a Christian perspective, "I heard it. I refused to follow it" is the worst scenario. It is also called blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Knowing the truth and rejecting it by free will is one of the worst sins.

"I heard it. I did not believe it." is similar, but perhaps not as bad as the former. Depending upon individual circumstances of course.

We had a long discussion of "I did not hear it", but it was erased during the technical mess.

barney
04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I'd go with..."Huh? You mean all that stuff about you wiping out people, sending plagues and slaughtering firstborn is TRUE!!!, Oh Good Greif. And all this time we were concerned about the brutality of man "

My God wouldnt say any of those , he would say, "Phew! Thank me that you diddnt follow all that stuff in books."

crayon
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
The latter two would be judged the same, from my knowledge..

The first is a special case where it depends on the specific circumstance, I guess, and there's a test on the day of judgment for those who did not hear of islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
04-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I think we should all be grateful that we won't be judged on the following statement:

"I smelled it. I dealt it."

Danah
04-01-2008, 07:04 PM
"I did not hear it."
this is for a very special case (like someone live in the desert or in the Mountains and dont conact with others in any means) its somehow rare these days

those two are the same but the the last one is the worse becuase it is insuring the refusion of it

Intisar
04-02-2008, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
On judgment day before the God you believe in (Jews and Christians can answer this too), when God asks somebody if they heard the word/truth/etc are these answers equivalent or different? Will they be judged the same or differently?

"I did not hear it."

Like people before have said, the first case is much more different than the other two. Like, if someone didn't get any revelation of Islam or the Quran whatsoever, then clearly they will judged way differently than someone who didn't but chose not to obey. Someone who chose not to obey Allaah, but still believes in Allaah and tawheed will be in hell for quite some time, but will eventually end up in heaven later on (I remember an article posted on this; hopefully I can find it so it can shed some light on this topic). As for someone who heard and did not believe, then this person will be condemned the worst because: one; they knew about Islam and were aware of it's teachings, principles, and overall religious doctrine and two; they did not believe in it. Allaah states in the Quran that even if you were to have an atom's weight or mustard's seed weight of imaan (faith), then Allaah will open the gates of heaven for you (but other factors also obviously weigh in such as fulfilling the five pillars of Islam).

Hopefully I was clear enough, and if I made any mistakes then please don't hesitate to correct me (and may Allaah forgive me too inshaa Allaah). :)

Pygoscelis
04-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Ameena, did I read that correctly? The person who believes it but refuses it is better off than the person who doesn't believe it?

------
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
:salamext:

^ Yup.

barney
04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Are you sure?
That seems a bit outside what Ive heard and read of Islam , and in contradiction with a lot of hadeeth and surah.

aamirsaab
04-02-2008, 11:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Are you sure?
That seems a bit outside what Ive heard and read of Islam , and in contradiction with a lot of hadeeth and surah.
Could you perhaps put the relevant sura and hadeeth in your next post so that we may analyse it and discuss further?

Thanks.

NoName55
04-02-2008, 04:55 PM
ouch! keltoi (post 2) and barney(post 10) are closer to being correct than many others, perhaps some Arabic lessons are needed in order to understad what word "kafar" stands for

is it a person who does not believe what you tell him?
or is it a rebel like Iblis who knowing full well the truth decides to go his own way?

Has Iblis got more chance of going to Paradise than any present day Jew who has heard of Islam through likes of Messrs. Sharon, Arafat, Netenyahu, Bliar and hamas etc. and does not believe it?

Woodrow
04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
ouch! keltoi (post 2) and barney(post 10) are closer to being correct than many others, perhaps some Arabic lessons are needed in order to understad what word "kafar" stands for

is it a person who does not believe what you tell him?
or is it a rebel like Iblis who knowing full well the truth decides to go his own way?

Has Iblis got more chance of going to Paradise than any present day Jew who has heard of Islam through likes of Messrs. Sharon, Arafat, Netenyahu, Bliar and hamas etc. and does not believe it?
I agree with Bro. NoName. Also, this can easily turn into a discussion that most of us are not qualified to answer. Some things are best left to an Imam or Scholar. Before any misleading information gets presented it is best if we:

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.