/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need quick reply plz

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2008, 11:08 AM
My problem sounds silly even to me but it's really getting me down. I would appreciate a little advice on the matter please folks.

I had aol and the search engine was fantastic. I was given superb sites that were always on topic with the words i typed in my search engine. Now though, I have sky and use google and whatnot. I hate to say but the sites coming up in my search barely contain the info I'm looking for and I end up browsing site from site without much luck. As you can imagine, it's time consuming and frustrating.

I want to go back to aol but had boycotted it after reading about in on the 'Friends of Al Aqsa' site. I am tempted, but can't bring myself to go ahead. I'd feel I'm betraying the Ummah.

Any suggestions plz? :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
03-31-2008, 02:59 PM
:salamext:

Why would u be betraying the Ummah by going to AOL?!?!

S_87
03-31-2008, 03:05 PM
AOL- israeli supporter ^^^^

maybe you just need to get used to other sites like google? i usually use google but when i dont use it i find other search engines all weird. but after getting used to them and knowing how they work they bring back pretty much the same results. maybe thats what you need to do? just wait and adapt to another search engine site :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
lol assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah

maybe you just need to sharpen your searches!

google is great! i use it all the time!

for example if you want to search an EXACT phrase just use speech marks

for example if i want Abdullah Ibn Umar i would type in the google search

"Abdullah Ibn Umar" and that would sharpen it to ONLY things with that exact phrase.

hmm im sure theres google tips somewhere out there...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IB-Staff
03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
Some Google Tips for you.

wildkat
03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
google is great!!! Just be very specific

AvarAllahNoor
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
AOL rock. I'm on it £14 pcm. Deal!

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks wildkat, LI-Staff, IbnAbdulHakim and amani. I'll sure try out the tips you gave. I feel better already. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.