/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Increase Cancer!!! - Sausages+Bacon

------
03-31-2008, 07:52 AM
:salamext:

One sausage a day ups cancer risk

Eating just one sausage or three rashers of bacon a day can increase the risk of developing bowel cancer by a fifth, it is being claimed.

As little as 50g – less than 2oz – of processed meat contains enough cancer- causing substances called N-nitroso compounds to put regular diners in extra danger, said Prof Martin Wiseman.

Prof Wiseman, medical and scientific adviser at the charity World Cancer Research Fund, added: 'We are more sure now than ever before that eating processed meat increases your risk of bowel cancer and this is why we recommend that people avoid eating it.

'Whether you are talking about bacon, ham or pastrami, the safest amount to eat is none at all. You can make a positive difference by cutting out as much as possible.'

Processed meat is smoked, cured, salted or has preservatives added. As well as hot dogs, salami and some sausages, hamburgers and minced meat may also count if they have been preserved with salt or chemical additives, Prof Wiseman warned.

Bowel cancer is the third most common type of the disease in the UK, killing 16,000 people every year.

But there is also some evidence that processed meats may increase the risk of cancers of the oesophagus, lung, stomach and prostate, Prof Wiseman warned.

Sarah Hiom, director of health information for Cancer Research UK, backed the findings but added: 'It is also important to remember that many other parts of your diet and wider lifestyle can affect the risk of bowel cancer, along with the genes.'

Ian Campbell, of the National Pig Association, advised shoppers to buy good-quality sausages which had not been preserved or processed. He added: 'Eating a balanced diet is the key.'

Source

---------------------

SubhaanAllaah......! Verily Allaah frobids as something for our own good!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Why they are not cutting off that N-nitroso compound from the sausage :? From last year we have laws which are prohibiting an entire type of E additives.

Izyan
04-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Did you know eatting too much tuna increases your chances of getting Mercury poison? Did you know using cellphones increases you chances of getting brain caner? Did you know that too much beef increases you chances of heart attack? To much of anything will kill you.

Ebtisweetsam
04-03-2008, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Izyan
Did you know eatting too much tuna increases your chances of getting Mercury poison? Did you know using cellphones increases you chances of getting brain caner? Did you know that too much beef increases you chances of heart attack? To much of anything will kill you.
LOL, i agree with u .... to a certain extent. But the point is, how much? Tobacco and caffeine are both cancer killers... but which kills u quicker? :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
04-03-2008, 11:01 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Is halal sausages are involved as well?

barney
04-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes. the meat and the fat content are the same.
Having the blood drained in a certain way and having the rituals perscribed for the meat have not changed the risk factors by any research carried out.

muslimah_online
04-06-2008, 05:43 PM
ooo...i like sausages..but didn't eat them regularly..

Fishman
04-06-2008, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
LOL, i agree with u .... to a certain extent. But the point is, how much? Tobacco and caffeine are both cancer killers... but which kills u quicker? :hmm:
:sl:
Most cancer is caused by breathing oxygen...
:w:

Yanal
04-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Asalam Alaykum.Lucky us( muslims). The knowledge i know is that I think bacon is haram. Sausages isn't a biggy for me, because as far as i know my mom doesn't give me anything to do with sausage in any of my daytime meals.:)

Fishman
04-07-2008, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam Alaykum.Lucky us( muslims). The knowledge i know is that I think bacon is haram. Sausages isn't a biggy for me, because as far as i know my mom doesn't give me anything to do with sausage in any of my daytime meals.:)
It includes all processed meat, not just pork products. They were just mentioned because that is what the audience would eat most often.

There is no way to avoid death. If cancer is cured, then we will be able to live maybe a few more years before something else gets us. Rather than trying to achieve imortality through superstitious aversions to certain foods or activities, maybe we should spend our lives trying to make the best use of what precious time there is for us on earth.

Cancer (except for smoking or suntan related cancers) is not just some disease of affluence like heart disease or obesity either. It is a natural thing that happens to us when we get old. It is a normal result of the human aging process.

Ebtisweetsam
04-08-2008, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Most cancer is caused by breathing oxygen...
R u for real? Sheesh, wats a person gotta do to avoid contracting cancer? not live.....lol

kirk
04-15-2008, 03:03 AM
I love bacon!

However I don't like pork.

I don't know if Muslims know of the difference.

k

Whatsthepoint
04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I hate bacon, I don't really like pork.
I love ham, prosciutto, salamis etc.

crayon
04-15-2008, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kirk
I love bacon!

However I don't like pork.

I don't know if Muslims know of the difference.

k
Isn't pork just the term for pigs meat, while bacon is those long salty strips of dried meat? I love beef bacon..Perfect on top of burgers.

Izyan
04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
mmmmmm bacon. It depends on the type of pork product and the cut of the meat. I don't like fatty meat so if I buy meat it's from a butcher.

Izyan
04-15-2008, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Isn't pork just the term for pigs meat, while bacon is those long salty strips of dried meat? I love beef bacon..Perfect on top of burgers.
Bacon can come in many forms from salt pork to Canadian bacon. I like both pork and turkey bacon. For burgers nothing beats ostrich.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.